S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im new to the Big bang theory fandom I just started watching it and watching past seasons Penny and Sheldon stood out to me the most I love the way they interact with each other I honestly thought that they were going to be an item soon but the writers clearly have a different vision then I do and I see more chemistry between Sheldon and Penny than there SO's the adhesive duck efficiency was my fave episode to date....I just miss their friendship

I'm surprised you didn't reference the Christmas episode, where she stripped for him in tha Laundry room, or the Christmas episode where he passionately hugged her for the napkin. Also remember, in the episode you referenced, how she giggled when she said Sheldon had to take her to bed and we all know when someone is drunk/drugged they tell the truth.

I have to agree this is a very uninteresting topic. I just had to defend my point against someone who was writing purposefully rude posts for no reason. I will avoid the 'T' word in the future. Welcome to the thread, mysteryrose10. Just try be more respectful instead of answering with "LOL ok".

Why can't we all be friends?

Ihaven't seen it in any taping report. So right now Shenny snd coitus are tied at zero.

That's fine with me. Shenny will forever be at zero. Shamy will get there on their own time. 

As much as you would like to think so, not all of us are wanting them to jump in bed right now. 

Edited by denajeanx

I just visited the taping and broadcast schedule thread, and wow, there are only six episodes left to tape this season.  It's going by fast.  It seems like just yesterday we were waiting to hear whether the contracts were signed.

The whole basis starting in season 4 of Shamy's relationship is it was a relationship of the mind. even this season they supposedly scored an 8.2 on a relationship test. Now we have Amy writing fan fiction with Sheldon being naked in the tub. I did say that it seemed weird to me. It's very inconsistent of how Amy started out in season 4 or even earlier this season. I saw no one in the last few pages mock Amy. I did see some things that tensor had to obviously remove. It seems that some on here can't take a difference in opinion and had to revert to name calling. in regards to Shenny I am a Lenny fan and it appears most of my fellow shippers haven't said much of anything about your Shenny comments.

Inconsistent? That is called character development.

Shamy relationship is still first and forensic based on their interaction, similar interests, and (most of the time) mutual understanding. Sex thing is used for a comic relief and also to provide for character development.

How about Lenny? They are now engagement to be married. How much is that inconsistent comparisson to the beginning of their relationship?

Ihaven't seen it in any taping report. So right now Shenny snd coitus are tied at zero.

Well, Lenny wedding also wasn't in the taping report...

I have to agree this is a very uninteresting topic. I just had to defend my point against someone who was writing purposefully rude posts for no reason. I will avoid the 'T' word in the future. Welcome to the thread, mysteryrose10. Just try be more respectful instead of answering with "LOL ok".

People, I just want to say, you know, can we all just get along?

it's the only place that you will read Shamy having coitus too.

And that's appropriate for their character development on the show.  They've progressed in a wonderfully slow way from being a platonic couple with a "relationship of the mind" to a bf/gf couple, innocent in the way that junior high kids are (since this is the first relationship for both of them, and a big step for Sheldon in particular--and it was his idea to change their relationship, BTW), to sharing their first chaste kisses, to sort of figuring out how intimacy will eventually happen.

Just because they haven't jumped into bed first then talked about love later, the way ALL the other characters on the show have done, doesn't mean that the coitus won't come along when they're ready for it.

Fans are certainly free to write about any and all of the characters having sex in any kind of way they want to.  I'm sure there are people out there writing Raj/Howard slash fic.

The point is that Shenny sex will NEVER happen on the show, whereas Sheldon and Amy are going to eventually get there.

I'm surprised you didn't reference the Christmas episode, where she stripped for him in tha Laundry room, or the Christmas episode where he passionately hugged her for the napkin. Also remember, in the episode you referenced, how she giggled when she said Sheldon had to take her to bed and we all know when someone is drunk/drugged they tell the truth.

Yeah, she giggled because she wanted him to help her into bed.  Um, I think she was laughing at how it sounded, not because she WANTED HIM!!!!  (And he certainly didn't want her...)

Edited by phantagrae

I like the episode I mention because when Sheldon was trying to help her get her shirt on he accidentally grabbed her boob and didn't let it go until she pointed it out I thought it was funny

I don't see how I was being rude I just said ok whereas you were calling me a name and like I said I was agreeing with Chrismo said.

The whole basis starting in season 4 of Shamy's relationship is it was a relationship of the mind. even this season they supposedly scored an 8.2 on a relationship test. Now we have Amy writing fan fiction with Sheldon being naked in the tub. I did say that it seemed weird to me. It's very inconsistent of how Amy started out in season 4 or even earlier this season. I saw no one in the last few pages mock Amy. I did see some things that tensor had to obviously remove. It seems that some on here can't take a difference in opinion and had to revert to name calling. in regards to Shenny I am a Lenny fan and it appears most of my fellow shippers haven't said much of anything about your Shenny comments.

I think she did mock Amy, in saying that Amy had to resort to writing fanfiction about her boyfriend, implying that their relationship is somehow pathetic.

I also think that the reason there aren't a bunch of Lenny fans rising up to join the discussion is that she didn't say anything about Leonard being somehow lacking.  But if Penny and Sheldon are so good together, where does that leave Leonard?  Is he not good enough or have any "chemistry" with Penny?  That has to be the other side of the coin.

If both Amy and Leonard are involved, and only Penny and Sheldon are good together, that means that Amy and Leonard must not be good enough or interesting enough.  If Amy needs to be "toned down"--whatever the hell that means--then what should happen with Leonard?  Should he just go ahead and pass his fiance off to his roommate?

I like the episode I mention because when Sheldon was trying to help her get her shirt on he accidentally grabbed her boob and didn't let it go until she pointed it out I thought it was funny

I don't see how I was being rude I just said ok whereas you were calling me a name and like I said I was agreeing with Chrismo said.

To be honest replying "LOL ok" to someone's (serious) post sounds pretty dismissive.

I like the episode I mention because when Sheldon was trying to help her get her shirt on he accidentally grabbed her boob and didn't let it go until she pointed it out I thought it was funny

But grabbing her boob was an accident, the others were on purpose. Even Amy thinks they are very close, so if the writers didn't want that idea put forward, why would they have Amy mention it a couple times. Also if you look at this season there has been lot more Shenny than before. Last episode there was about 5 minutes of Shenny and only one minute of Lenny. Next episode is worse, the whole 'A' plot is Shenny taking a love test together, so they are basically together the whe episode. I'm not taking a side here, but it is hard to ignore the facts, the amount of Shenny has gone up as the show progresses.

But grabbing her boob was an accident, the others were on purpose. Even Amy thinks they are very close, so if the writers didn't want that idea put forward, why would they have Amy mention it a couple times. Also if you look at this season there has been lot more Shenny than before. Last episode there was about 5 minutes of Shenny and only one minute of Lenny. Next episode is worse, the whole 'A' plot is Shenny taking a love test together, so they are basically together the whe episode. I'm not taking a side here, but it is hard to ignore the facts, the amount of Shenny has gone up as the show progresses.

And so did the amount of Shamy, to a bigger extent IMO.

If you think my "LOL ok" was dismissive is not my problem calling someone else a troll is just rude and mean

Well yes it is kinda your problem since we are or should be responsible for what we say whether on social media or face to face.  

And the name calling was handled by our awesome moderator so maybe we should just think of a pen and let it go.  (So hard not to think of Frozen)

That would infer that TBBT has become The Sheldon Show.

I think I'm past inferring it to be honest...

I hope you're not talking about season 8 because the only shenny I seen so far is the Comic Book and now the Intimacy Acceleration which im actually looking forward too.

Well yes it is kinda your problem since we are or should be responsible for what we say whether on social media or face to face.  

And the name calling was handled by our awesome moderator so maybe we should just think of a pen and let it go.  (So hard not to think of Frozen)

I think I'm past inferring it to be honest...

no its not my problem if she got upset of my comment I didn't call her name or anything of the sort

I think that the writers have made it clear that they do like putting Sheldon and Penny together in scenes because they are like oil and water.  As Jim has said, Sheldon is like her polar opposite--he's completely intellectual and she is completely down-to-earth and kind of physical or instinctual.

But they've never written any kind of romance or sexuality between them and the actors have never played it in subtext (and this is something else Jim has attested to).

Putting them together in scenes makes for comedy when they do battle or when they miscommunicate, or when Sheldon turns to her for advice--ABOUT HIS REAL GIRLFRIEND.

And counting how many minutes certain characters are together is kind of ridiculous.  What counts is what story is being told and why, not X number of minutes for these characters and Y number of minutes for the others.

The characters are used the way they are because of how the story plays out.  Sheldon was in those scenes with Penny last night because it made sense--he fixates on something, she tells him to let it go, he doesn't understand the pen metaphor (because he always goes all in when he's pretending...), and so forth.  That kind of story makes more sense between them, especially since Leonard was with Raj, and so forth.

You don't really think that the writers are trying to imply anything between Sheldon and Penny, do you?

I hope you're not talking about season 8 because the only shenny I seen so far is the Comic Book and now the Intimacy Acceleration which im actually looking forward too.

no its not my problem if she got upset of my comment I didn't call her name or anything of the sort

My memory for details is not good, but another Shenny scene in season 8 that jumps to mind is that Shenny are the only ones that didn't want to do the Prom thing and I think Sheldon spent more time telling Penny why he didn't want to go than he spent on the ILY to Amy. Again just stating facts, not taking sides.

Just so everybody not confuse I ship shenny friendship not their romantic relationship

( Btw I did not mock Amy I was just agreeing with a comment about how her fan fiction was weird)

LOL. OK.

My memory for details is not good, but another Shenny scene in season 8 that jumps to mind is that Shenny are the only ones that didn't want to do the Prom thing and I think Sheldon spent more time telling Penny why he didn't want to go than he spent on the ILY to Amy. Again just stating facts, not taking sides.

So you watch the show with a stopwatch?   How many minutes did Leonard and Penny spend together on the roof?

How much time he spent talking to Penny was essential in setting up everything that came after, including his ILY.

In this context Shenny is screen time with Sheldon and Penny alone in a scene. It doesn't refer to status of the relationship.

Just so everybody not confuse I ship shenny friendship not their romantic relationship

( Btw I did not mock Amy I was just agreeing with a comment about how her fan fiction was weird)

And sad, remember? 

If it was Penny fantasizing about Sheldon, I have a feeling you would feel differently. ;)

I think Shenny have always been hilarious in scenes together and Shenny is often funnier than Lenny. I got no problem with increased Shenny in season 8 because I find it funny. None of it diminishes or threatens my strong personal connection with the Lenny pairing or my purely platonic enjoyment of the Shamy. Closing in on my one year anniversary of being on this forum, it still amazes me how emotional people get when a ship they don't like gets brought up. This thread can be dead quiet for a couple of day then explode into 5 pages of over the top angst and "you made me feel bad" hysteria at the mere mention of Shenny. Maybe it's because I don't like popcorn and there are no boysenberry Choctop icecream GIFs out on the interwebs that I generally stay away from these tiresome debates.

But most of all, I think it's time for all of us to start visualizing a pen, not a favourite pen with your initials on it, but just a regular pen, hold it up in the air and.............

LET IT GO!!!!