S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it absolutely is not.  We are not owed anything.  This person can come in here and say whatever he/she likes, and there is no "minimum requirement".  I'm appalled at statements like these.

I have no problem with people going to tapings and deciding not to share a single thing. No one is obligated to it. But this thread IS a spoiler thread. It's understood that this thread is made for sharing spoilers. I think that "I went to taping and enjoyed myself" belongs on a facebook status or a twitter update more than it does on a spoiler thread. That's all. I'm just surprised as to why someone would dangle the possibility of sharing spoilers and then go "lol no"

You know, they didn't have to say anything at all. They at least told us SOMETHING. Granted, it was info already known, regardless of it being a spoiler thread.

There is no minimum. there is no "rule". They can say/not say what they want. They chose to say this. That's that.

Chill, it's not the end of the world. You'll see what happens when it airs. 

No one owes us anything, but a summary would be helpful. hell if i went id gladly put a summary to share. no way i could do a detailed report bc id forget everything. i applaud and worship the ppl who do. Its not a requirement at all but we are all very gratefull.

Edited by Shamyfan

If you've gone to a taping and don't want to give anything away, that's fine but don't say anything at all.  Keep it to yourself until after it airs, that way you don't upset anyone.

They gave us the title.

If someone gets upset, sorry but that's not the poster's problem.

2plus2, I hope you had a wonderful time. You don't have to say a damn thing about what happened in the episode if you don't feel like it. Some people here are just mean and selfish. Ignore them. Heaven forbid they go even a little bit spoiler free. LOL.

Thanks for what you did tell us! :)

I don't think it's mean and selfish to want some kind of summary, but I do agree that no one is obligated to share.

I thought there was someone else from here going to tonight's taping, because I thought I remember someone asking if anyone besides her was going on the 3rd, but maybe I'm thinking of a different date.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who has info to share. This is a spoiled thread, so no one is worried about not being surprised when the episode airs. I personally feel like it's more fun to know as much as possible, but there's no rule that says anyone has to say anything.

It well air on tv. God forbid some of you watched tv in the 90s before internet haha

You mean before reality shows destroyed TV? Now I'm down to two and a half (Mythbusters only shows 6 episodes so I only count it as a half) shows and that's it (and those I watch on the internet). On the upside No political ad's for the last two elections, no Kardassians, etc.

Edited by eirwinrommel

You mean before reality shows destroyed TV? Now I'm down to two and a half (Mythbusters only shows 6 episodes so I only count it as a half) shows and that's it (and those I watch on the internet). On the upside No political ad's for the last two elections, no Kardassians, etc.

Yes I prefered the 90's when Scripted TV was king. And before we were subjected to The Kardashians. In the 90's tv used to have a magic, it was an escape from reality. Reality Genre has killed tv imo. And I am really worried about the future of multi camera sitcoms after BBT ends. But my original point was, at least we get anything. 

I had a friend going and she gave me a brief summary of the episode. - Before taping they got to see last week episode with the Shelnard conflict and the dinner at Mrs.W's house.

Sorry, this is short and a bit of a mess, and I haven't had time to look for errors as I'm heading for school. But anyway, here it is.

•••••••••

Episode starts with Leonard, Penny, Sheldon and Amy in the livingroom.

Amy has plates and Leonard has the food. Sheldon is on the computer. Penny is on the couch.

Later:

Sheldon and Leonard are on their way to George Lucas house. Sheldon is really excited. In the car Sheldon says he's in such a good mood that he'd let Leonard turn on the music and then Sheldon says "play that funky music white boy" and Leonard says "haha I can't believe you know that reference" and Sheldon says "what reference?"

They get there and Sheldon goes past security while Leonard is in the car, but Sheldon gets chased and tazed on the front lawn. Then him and Leonard are put in a room with another man who hopped the fence and was making out with a statue of Chewbacca. They are let go, except for the other guy.

When the security guard said for Sheldon and Leonard to step outside to go get their pictures put up, that way they aren't allowed back.. Sheldon asks him if he could include George Lucas in the picture, and the security guard just stares at him and the Sheldon says in his best Yoda voice impression "Quite grumpy you are"

Howard doesn't want to give up the Tardis from the show "Dr. Who" that Bernadette is wanting to sell, so they make a deal by challenging eachother to a Ping Pong match, they each decide to have someone play for each other, so Penny plays for Bernadette's team, and Raj plays for Howard.

And for Amy i remember Bernadette convincing Raj to not play for Howard or he'd have to keep the Tardis, Raj then purposely tried to loose. Howard then switched out Raj for Amy, and Bernadette switches out Penny for Raj. Amy is really good a serving because she's never had any friend to play with, so all she's ever done Is serve. She's extremely great at serving so Raj misses every hit. But then when Raj starts to serve she misses all of them.. Then it's her turn to serve again, knowing she'd win that last round Bernadette convinces her that if she loses she'd be able to take that Tardis and basically install a part of it onto her bedroom door which would lure Sheldon into her bed. So Howard loses.

Edited by Jamie

Thanks Jamie!!

I think any info we get we should appreciate and not attack other members who attend tapings and don't provide what we are used to. Its their right to do so.

Sorry but lately I have been in a disgrace over how needy we have become for spoilers, how some fly off the handle over something not even personally viewed yet, how some question Bill pretty non-stop about disparities in episodes.....

Dare I say maybe our fandom needs a week with minimal information to recollect ourselves and go back to being appreciative of anything we get and back to respecting the writers on social media....

Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kerrycec03

I live in humble old Wanganui. Taping Reports over here is create one of those phone string cups haha. We get shows when we get shows. So I agree I think its time to appreciate the fact as fans we get spoilers at all. And instead of complaining about the lack of information, or whether or not someones intention is well intended or not. Should be focusing on the fact their could easily be no taping reports at all. 

Edited by 3ku11

Thanks, Jamie!

I am torn about this one.

One the one hand, I like the gang dynamics of this one. And the dizzyingly rapid partner-switching sounds amusing.

On the other hand, Howard emptying out his mother's house feels like too emotional a thing to be upstaged by a ping-pong tournament. Plus, the much-vaunted return of what sounds like Mean Mommy Bernadette and Lonely, Sex-Starved Amy, tricking her boyfriend into intimacy. Blech.

Plus, 'the Skywalker Incursion' made me excited for a plot where a dude would show up at Mrs W's house and say 'Howard, I am your father.'

I know, I know, they can't have so many emotional plots, it's a comedy. Yes, yes, I get all that. Still, this feels to me like a missed opportunity.

Edited by wowbagger

"Lonely Sex-Starved Amy" never left.... and Bernadette is very competitive so her wanting to win does not surprise me only thing Im interested in is the Shelnard plot!!

Honestly at this point tptb might as well have the Amy character get on her knees and beg Sheldon to have sex with her.... 

Edited by mysteryrose10

In the car Sheldon says he's in such a good mood that he'd let Leonard turn on the music and then Sheldon says "play that funky music white boy" and Leonard says "haha I can't believe you know that reference" and Sheldon says "what reference?"

Yep, that sounds like Sheldon alright.

Are they cleaning out Ms. Wolowitz's garage?  I'm thinking Howardette's gonna be moving into that house by the end of the season. ;)

Wonder if the Tardis booth is the same one Leonard and Penny did it in (TWICE!)?  :icon_cheesygrin:

Leonard and Sheldon at the Skywalker Ranch is the kind of nerdy plot the show excels at when it brings its A Game.  Hope it does.