S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

I have come to realize that whatever episode I got spoilers on that p***ed me off this season always looked and was much better when I watched it, yes including The Intimacy Acceleration, so I am going to reserve judgment until then.

Well said. Would that more people followed this sage advice...

• Like 1

I wonder what prompted Sheldon and Leonard to go to George Lucas's house. Sounds funny either way. .

This was the plot of "FANBOYS" (2009) where the delightful Kristen Bell rocks the metal bikini - and other things happen. Now when are they going to gratuitously slip one of THOSE onto Leonard. I'd laugh. And they could put Penny in as a storm trooper. Or Chewbacca.

• Like 2

Oh crap!  I remember this writer.  He wrote the crappiest Frasier episodes.  Look him up on the Frasier sites.  Be afraid...be very afraid.

damn. y'all.... why is chuck giving his homeless writers jobs over at tbbt cuz 2.5 men is over. we have so many writers already!

i'll give him a chance but i still stand that we don't need anymore people in that room. probably had to buy him a new chair and everything. 

i'm not a fan of changes and i've liked this season so i hope this guy doesn't create some weird ending at coachella and the writers are like YAS.

Edited by bigbangsheldon
  • Like 3

This was the plot of "FANBOYS" (2009) where the delightful Kristen Bell rocks the metal bikini - and other things happen. Now when are they going to gratuitously slip one of THOSE onto Leonard. I'd laugh. And they could put Penny in as a storm trooper. Or Chewbacca.

Great movie! And Leonard in a metal bikini? That should really happen.

interesting they would bring a new writer in....hmmmm not sure what to make of that.  I mean Bill & Steve are still running the show so hopefully this new change isn't going to drastically change the feel of the show. 

interesting they would bring a new writer in....hmmmm not sure what to make of that.  I mean Bill & Steve are still running the show so hopefully this new change isn't going to drastically change the feel of the show. 

If they're adding him to the writing staff, it's probably something they've been talking about for some time.  And it's probably a Chuck/Bill move rather than something Molaro would have initiated.  I don't think Molaro had anything to do with TAAHM, did he?

I wonder if the fact that the writer had a degree from MIT has something to do with it...

He wrote the screenplay for The Fighting Temptations--not an Oscar-winner, but a decent movie.

I watched a lot of Frasier back in the day, but I don't really remember episode titles or which ones might have been good or bad.  Same thing with Psych.  I saw a lot of it, but not every episode.

Anyway, since they apparently share story ideas and writing chores back and forth, I don't know that we'll necessarily be able to pick out something and say, "HA!  That new guy wrote this stuff!"

Edited by phantagrae

Yes, please!

Hey, Penny wouldn't even have to repurpose her 'Ape' costumes all that much....

• Like 1

Actually he wrote some of the worst and some of the best Frasier episodes ..so not sure I can say he is bad.   The worst ones could be because that was a time that the show brought in characters that just were not popular, but he wasn't the only writer at the time either so I can't say it was his fault that those episodes were bad.  But he also was on some of the best episodes of the show too so again, I think it is just a wash...he probably isn't that bad of a writer.

Sometimes infusing new writers now and again can bring in fresh ideas and I do think the show could use some fresh ideas so that it does not get too stagnant.  But I doubt that a big change will be noticeable.   You still have Chuck, Bill and Steve in charge and they are not going to let it get too far astray.   They may have just wanted a boost in the arm...felt time to bring in fresh ideas.   That just shows me that they want this show to last more years and that is a good thing.

By the way, they have a lot of "part time" writers...who contribute to  given script but then you don't see them for months.  So this could just be another part time person that is there to bring in a new perspective and to bring life into the writers room.  It gets pretty hard to remain creative when you don't bring in fresh blood to help bring in fresh ideas.   Working in a think tank for years, I can vouch for that.  It was always great to have new scientists and engineers coming through to bring in fresh perspectives and ideas.  I think that is true with any creative job.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

I like Psych, but loved Frasier...and he wrote some pretty good episodes as well as some where there were a couple of years that Frasier wasn't that well written overall...but we can't say he is the reason because like BBT, they had a lot of writers.   But some of the episodes he wrote were great ones as well, such as The Proposal (where Niles asks Daphne to marry him)...it was a hilarious episode.

• Like 1

post-16739-0-51831700-1425505915_thumb.j

I'm pretty sure he's referring to Wil Wheaton and I think he has scenes with Jim and Mayim 'cause he started following them on IG earlier today. But that's only my guess; I may be wrong.

• Like 3