The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S8 Discussion Thread

I just googled it and saw....hmmm very interesting indeed!!  So maybe finding out Howard's dad isn't too far away into the future if we meet his "athletic & handsome" half brother.

• Like 1

Eonline says Wolowitz half brother is coming. Can't link now.

Beth S. : You never give us any scoop on The Big Bang Theory! What gives?!

Let us make it up to you with this nugget: we're going to meet Wolowitz's handsome and athletic half-brother Mark soon! He's super sweet and innocent and everyone is going to love him. Dream cast away!

http://uk.eonline.com/news/633987/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-scandal-good-wife-homeland-nashville-big-bang-and-more

• Like 7

Seems like maybe Penny's "truth" about what was in Howard's dad's letter could be more true than we might have thought--wasn't hers something about how he was leading a double life that caught up with him? :p

If Mr. W never divorced Mrs. W, but simply started a new life and remarried, wouldn't that cause complications?  Or maybe he didn't marry Mark's mother.  Hmmm...

Or maybe he was married to this other woman all along...

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 3

I would actually like to see Lucy again, but I want to see her with Stuart. They both have problems and I think it would put some fun drama in the show. I could see Raj getting a upset 'Now your doing it to me!', when Stuart shows up with Lucy, like he did with Howard's cousin.

Maybe Raj doesn't need to be part of a couple.

What's the finale of this series going to be ... the entire cast gets to line up two by two and board an ark before Pasadena is destroyed in a flood?

"Hooray! They're saved! Thank heavens they all found somebody!"

Blech.

• Like 1

What's the finale of this series going to be ... the entire cast gets to line up two by two and board an ark before Pasadena is destroyed in a flood?

Blech.

I think it's more about happy endings all around--nobody is going to die alone.

Lucy was boring and I always skip her parts. Couldn't stand her. She was down there in my dislike for a character the way Priya was.

I think that we should probably be careful whild making such comments and maybe not make such harsh statements. On the one hand, it sounds kinda harsh since she had had a social anxiety, but on the other hand, I can understand why somebody wouldn't like writers focusing on that trait most of the time or would feel that something like that hadn't fit in the show (such as Priya, for example). Still, it is good to have some understanding for people, albeit fictional ones, that have such problems. Every day filled with fears, disappointment, watching other do things that scare you... I wouldn't wish that to anyone, not even my worst enemy (if I had one).

She wasn't very interesting, and I don't think that she was right for Raj... but to be honest, I don't find anything interesting about Emily either. I personally find Lucy's "whining about social anxiety" nowhere as annoying as Emily's creepyness.

I am kinda surprised with some response that Raj/Lucy shippers seem to be getting, not to mention that the couple was canon at one point... but honestly if they ever bring Lucy back I would like to see her with Stuart.

Edited by Mislav

Beth S. : You never give us any scoop on The Big Bang Theory! What gives?!Let us make it up to you with this nugget: we're going to meet Wolowitz's handsome and athletic half-brother Mark soon! He's super sweet and innocent and everyone is going to love him. Dream cast away!

http://uk.eonline.com/news/633987/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-scandal-good-wife-homeland-nashville-big-bang-and-more

If the girls all act flirty with him or act like he is so hot, it is going to ruin it for me. They would be no better than sleazy Howard if they acted that way.

• Like 4

Beth S. : You never give us any scoop on The Big Bang Theory! What gives?!

Let us make it up to you with this nugget: we're going to meet Wolowitz's handsome and athletic half-brother Mark soon! He's super sweet and innocent and everyone is going to love him. Dream cast away!

sounds like they're describing zach. Don't need 2 of them. Edited by Tomasina
  • Like 1

If the girls all act flirty with him or act like he is so hot, it is going to ruin it for me. They would be no better than sleazy Howard if they acted that way.

Just because "everyone loves him" doesn't mean anyone is going to flirt with him, since they're all in committed relationships.  I think it just means that they find him charming and attractive.  I find Jim Parsons charming and attractive, but I wouldn't try to "go after" him or anything.

The description is that he's sweet and innocent, handsome and athletic.  I think it sounds more like he's going to be something of a usurper, though probably not intentionally, leaving Howard maybe a little jealous--especially since the guy would be a total stranger but charming enough that everyone takes to him.

sounds like they're describing zach. Don't need 2 of them.

Nah.  Zack isn't "innocent"--just dumb.

• Like 4

Just because "everyone loves him" doesn't mean anyone is going to flirt with him, since they're all in committed relationships. I think it just means that they find him charming and attractive. I find Jim Parsons charming and attractive, but I wouldn't try to "go after" him or anything.

The description is that he's sweet and innocent, handsome and athletic. I think it sounds more like he's going to be something of a usurper, though probably not intentionally, leaving Howard maybe a little jealous--especially since the guy would be a total stranger but charming enough that everyone takes to him.

Nah. Zack isn't "innocent"--just dumb.

....OR... He turns out to be a total sleaze that no one can stand except Howard who is blinded by a new "brotherly love"

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 2

Blech.

Actually, there is a fanfic with a similar plot.

No problem at all.

For me personally, I liked the idea of Lucy very much. As phanta has said, I liked the idea of Raj being the relatively smooth, confident one. The problem with the implementation of Lucy's character was that the show kind of-limited itself- with her. Unless the show fully committed to telling Lucy's story (and how she emerged from the shadows), her social anxiety limited the range of interactions she could have with Raj and the gang. Maybe the show could have done something with it, and maybe not. Emily's character (while I roll my eyes a little at the thinness of the 'hey look, the pretty girl likes cutting things!' characterisation) can interact with the gang as well as with Raj. In fact, she already has done so (she was friends with Amy before she got together with Raj, for example). I hope that the show will find a better hook (ahem) for her character as time goes on. We'll see. 

Lucy could have started to overcome her social anxiety just like Raj overcame his selective mutism. I preferred her quirks to Emilie's quirk.

I was often astounded by how negative this forum was towards Lucy. She actually reminded me of someone I know.

• Like 1

Lucy could have started to overcome her social anxiety just like Raj overcame his selective mutism. I preferred her quirks to Emilie's quirk.

I was often astounded by how negative this forum was towards Lucy. She actually reminded me of someone I know.

My real issue with the character was not the actress or the essential idea of the character, but of how the writers never really developed her.  She said some variation of that one line in almost every episode she was in!  I don't know if they didn't know what to do with her or they just didn't want to spend a lot of time on her because they knew she was only temporary or what, but she got kind of old rather quickly.

I do hope they do more than just the "I like to cut things" bit with Emily.

I think the big difference between Emily and Lucy was Emily can interact with the others in the group and can be normal. She was able to interact with the entire group when she first met them all. Also when she did the room escape with Amy and Leonard she just seemed to fit the group. Lucy wasn"t able to. I think for Raj it's important whoever he dates she gets along with the other 6. At this point the only problem she has is with Penny.

• Like 4

My real issue with the character was not the actress or the essential idea of the character, but of how the writers never really developed her.  She said some variation of that one line in almost every episode she was in!  I don't know if they didn't know what to do with her or they just didn't want to spend a lot of time on her because they knew she was only temporary or what, but she got kind of old rather quickly.

I do hope they do more than just the "I like to cut things" bit with Emily.

Well Kate Micucci had a star role in a new series in 2014 (Garfunkel and Oates). So it looked like she would not likely be available. As most new comedy series it did not last. My guess is that part time characters  may come and go. The writers might not want to expand the character too much if their availability is in question and they may not want another character in every episode. they may also want to keep Raj's options open a bit because they don't necessarily want all their weekly characters coupled up.

I didn't had  problem with Lucy's character in particular, or premise of their relationship. Raj finding a girl who had even bigger social anxiety than he does, and him, trying to lead her out of her shell had a ring to it, but what I had a problem with was that I really never saw a chemistry between them. That moment when you realize there is something more - like "our kids are will be smart and beautiful," " all forms of physical contact are off the table, may I buy you a beverage?"  Howardettes bonding through mothers on the first date. Those were the moments when I saw a first spark, I had a feeling it will be somewhat special and I can't recall that with Lucy, or recall memorable expression of attraction which would go behind the words.  I'm sure they were good friends off screen and are great actors, but on screen chemistry just didn't worked for me, and it wasn't fault of writers or actors. But I see here are people who liked them so it could be easily just my feeling. As for Emily I'm still not entirely sure what to think about her, I have some favorite moments with these two, but I still feel like I didn't get enough of them to make conclusion so I will keep my judgement after seeing their story played out more. 

Edited by tallin
  • Like 2

I like Emily and Lucy, but I prefer Emily with Raj. Emily seems like a better fit into the group than Lucy and a better fit for Raj.

• Like 1

I like Emily and Lucy, but I prefer Emily with Raj. Emily seems like a better fit into the group than Lucy and a better fit for Raj.

Oh, I don't know. I liked Lucy's open honesty. I find Emily's lines funny in the context of a sitcom but if I was Raj I'd find jokes about cutting and killing unfunny and rather repugnant. I can't imagine dating someone that talks that way; it would make my skin crawl. I can only image it would do the same for Sheldon and Leonard if they heard it as both of them faint at the sight of blood. Even Raj had to prescreen the movie Emily wanted to watch to make sure he could sit through it. A lot of people here seem to think they are good together but if one has to suppress a yuck gross response perhaps they should be rethinking the relationship.