The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S8 Discussion Thread

Okay quick summary then I'll answer questions when I get back to hotel (or Rule34 will be on and able to as well). :)

Title was The Fortification Implementation.

Howard, Bernadette and Raj are at Howard's mom's house. They talk about what Howard & Bernie are going to do with the house. Howard's half brother comes by. They meet him and talk to him. He's really sweet and cute. He and Howard kind of bond at the end.

Penny and Leonard are doing a podcast with Wil Wheaton. Kevin Smith calls in and offers Penny an audition to be in his next movie Clerks 3. Leonard thinks she should just stick with the job she has. But she wants to audition. They kind of fight about it and Leonard finds out that Penny makes twice as much money as him. In the end she kind of tricks him into saying he wants her to audition for the part.

Shamy are having date night. Sheldon is feeling bad because he got left out of some party at some scientists house. he's moping around and mentions it's just like when his brother and sister used to build forts and not let him in. So him and Amy decide to build a fort in the living room. It's a really cool fort and Sheldon and Amy both really love it. At the end of date night Sheldon isn't ready for Amy to go. He wants to make an exception for date night protocol and have her stay later. She says if I'm going to stay later why don't I stay really late and we can have a sleepover! They negotiate and decide to have their very first sleepover. In the fort. Very cute scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was majim interaction??Did they cuddle  when sleeping??

Trina...you lucky girl.   I do have a couple of questions when you can get to them.

1) Do you get to see Shamy actually in the fort sleeping?  Do they have any cuddling going on?
2) What was the tag scene?

3) Any BTS between cast?

4) Did they announce Jim's star even to the audience?

5) The brother...who played him?

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

Shamy are just getting closer by the week, aren't they?

Interesting turn of events for Penny. After a big push in the first few episodes, it really has gone all quiet on the sales rep front for Penny for a while now. Job hasn't been referenced for a long time. And then in recent times they randomly brought Serial Apeist back into reckoning. Molaros interview at start of season never said the pharma job was permanent plot. Suggested that acting was getting put on back burner but never killed it off. Gonna be interesting to see where this goes with end of season in sight.

And I like that Howard's mum is still in the story. She was a big part of the show and Howard dealing with everything related to a parents death is appropriate to Mrs W ( and Carol) importance to the show.

• Like 4

Thank you for the information.  It is truly not taken for granted.

• Like 4

Are penny, Lenard and Wil out of town then? Interesting circumstance to have a "sleepover"

Well it is full of surprises.

Penny wants to do the audition even though she is making way better money than she ever has before. So maybe Penny is going away this summer. That would be a change (and it is a different way to slow the engagement down). One just never knows.

All season I've been thinking of two scenarios, both assuming someone is being sent away:

1.  Penny gets an acting opportunity out of town.  Clerks 3 would fit the bill if they shoot on location somewhere.

2.  Emily gets a job in another city and Raj decides to move with her...of course, until next season.

• Like 2

All season I've been thinking of two scenarios, both assuming someone is being sent away:

1.  Penny gets an acting opportunity out of town.  Clerks 3 would fit the bill if they shoot on location somewhere.

2.  Emily gets a job in another city and Raj decides to move with her...of course, until next season.

1. would be interesting. An acting role falling in her lap sort of. Success breeding success.

__edit

"Wil says Leonard has been played like a violin. Leonard agrees."

Hmmm.

Edited by djsurrey

Even with Leonard joining them, the shamy sleepover sounds fun

New ship name (for jokes of course)

Shamard?

Edited by rachelshamyfan

Even with Leonard joining them, the shamy sleepover sounds fun

New ship name (for jokes of course)

Shamard?

Ah...he joined briefly...but Leonard made an excuse and left...so he could go text Penny and tell her about it.   Shamy then got the rest of the night in their romantically lit fort enjoying each other and knowing they are in love.     Dang...don't remember what term he used for G rating...but I liked it.  LOL!

• Like 2

Thanks, trina and Rule! Much appreciated.

Okay, who in the S8 wishlist had 'Penny lands a role in a geeky film/TV show, or in some other way become a geek icon?' I did.

Also, Penny makes twice as much as Leonard as a rookie pharma sales rep? She must be very, very good at her job. Sure you want to throw that away, girl? And actually the whole 'sure thing versus following your passion' conundrum has a hell of a lot more bite when the sure thing looks so much better than the Cheescake Factory.

This all sounds very charming, and clearly some meaty dramatic material for Howard to come. An Emmy for Helberg!

The blanket fort obviously sounds delightful (and my heart will forever be softened re: blanket forts by 'Community') and it's sort of neat that Sheldon and Amy both approach the fort from their own histories of exclusion and isolation. It's a nice, subtle continuation of Sheldon and Amy's 'second chance at formative experiences' throughline. Plus, in many ways the gang is its own family. 

• Like 3

Ah...he joined briefly...but Leonard made an excuse and left...so he could go text Penny and tell her about it. Shamy then got the rest of the night in their romantically lit fort enjoying each other and knowing they are in love. Dang...don't remember what term he used for G rating...but I liked it. LOL!

OK I didn't know that bit

Also Leonard needs to get over himself just because Penny earns more than him

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 1

thanks so much Trina! the 'it's rated G, Amy wants PG.' part cracked me up. i can't wait to see this episode! xD 

Edited by cityylights
  • Like 1

OK I didn't know that bit

That wasn't part of the epi....just my thoughts on the matter. I doubt Leonard stayed long...but by the time that part of the episode will show...it will be a quick scene and we won't know.   LOL!   Just my imagination.... :girlwink:

• Like 1

Also I gave info to the other forum but I can't link from my phone if somebody else could?

I put up the link to the report here over there for you.