The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S8 Discussion Thread

So 4A, Police station at Penny's, Wolowitz house and and a office?

Interesting.. 

Here's my guess:

Wolowitz set: Howardette, Stuart and Raj?

Office: penny / Leonard maybe and Raj/Amy as well?

Police station: Something to do with Sheldon and Amy/Leonard?

• Like 2

Maybe Sheldon was robbed of credit cards, documents, laptop and he is forced to get off the train and go to the police.
And then he calls Amy or Lenny (we'll see if the umbilical cord has been really cut!) to be picked up. 

Next, we Know Stuart is involved in the episode, so in the Howard and Bernadette's place (or Mrs Wolowitz'?) there may be a scene
with Stuart, Howardette and maybe Raj/Amy.

About the 4A, I pictured it half empty and quiet, without Sheldon and with Leonard comes and goes from 4B.
But, without the 4b set up, it becomes... curiouser and curiouser!
  • Like 1

It wouldnt of lasted long enough or at least according to penny...

Hey, don't knock it.. 9 mins is a long time. The king of foreplay just got down to business... Without the foreplay. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Office: Penny's new job interview, or Sheldon facing off with Seibert

Police: Sheldon gets robbed, reports, is he close enough to home to be saved or picked up?

Casa Wolowitz: Mrs. Wolowitz is better, but Stuart still hangs out. Maybe Howard and Bernadette don't want to pay him to stay anymore?

• Like 1

I will be in LA next week. Anyone have extra tickets to the 8/19 taping? Will be glad to report on the session. I would die it if had tickets.

I'm soooooooo excited.

I think there are 3 plots, one with Sheldon and the police station where he is in trouble, or needs help on his trip. Maybe the office for Penny's job or, maybe it's something else? And Stuart and Debbie!

I don't think theres anything interesting about Pennys apartment not being there, they just won't have any scenes there. Steve said they aren't ready to change it any time soon.

Edited by bigbangsheldon
  • Like 4

Yes I think Penny's apartment isn't there cause there are no scenes. Very interesting news!!! Thanks!!! I think we are going to have a pretty funny storyline with Sheldon!!!!!!

I miss Amy's apartment though!!!! I hope we get to see it soon!!!!! And of course Amy at work!!!! <3

• Like 2

Yeah the police station has to be something to do with Sheldon. Leonard and Penny have probably been living in 4a since Sheldon left. I'm thinking that maybe the office is the start of the arc for Penny's new job. And maybe Howard and Bernadette are now having trouble getting Stuart out of Howard's moms house, now that she is better, she doesn't want him to leave and he is happy there too.

I don't see why Bernie and Howard would be pushing to get Stuart out of Debbie's house. They don't live with her; Howard has expressed regret at his involvement in her being lonely; they like Stuart and know he needs a break, etc.

• Like 1

Maybe Leonard, Penny and Amy are reporting Sheldon missing at the police station because nobody has heard from him in a while, Sheldon then walks in saying 'what a bunch of nervous nellies'

Well, just to say there WAS NOT a jail. It was just police station set up. I mean it could be about a jail, but there wasn't an actual jail. Who knows it might not even be about Sheldon! ;)

• Like 5

Hey guys, just wanna clear up a misunderstanding! It was Bernadette and Howard's apartment that was set up, not Mrs. Wolowitz's house.

• Like 5

Is Penny's new career for the long haul? or just a two episode thing and the writers have her again doing more auditions?  And the living arrangements will stay status quo until mid S9.  One thing I want to see is Leonard protecting his girl when Sheldon says stupid banter towards Penny.  Sheldon's comment regarding Leonard protecting Penny's virginity when he says, " If that ship hit an iceberg, countless men would parish. "   it was funny but insulting, any normal guy would not let someone else say such comment regarding his fiancée. For comedic affect, it worked.

I agree with that, I feel Penny doesent get any credit for her intrinsic strength if that makes sense. She constantly every day gets emotional abuse from Sheldon, you can go back as far as Season One for evidence and point of reference. I particularly didn't like it when Penny was having a crisis, when her car broke down, and all Sheldon cared about was his stupid game. For all the flaws and mistakes Penny has made, she can be a bully, she is mean, she is selfish, she is promiscuous e.t.c. Where as the guys partic Sheldon get away with their behaviour. Their is a fine line between being funny, and being offensive. It is not Family Guy lol, and some times Sheldon is just more offensive then he is funny. Hope this doesn't get moved, I am not analysing the character of Sheldon, just really hope they stop babying Sheldon in S8.

I just re-watched The Mommy Observation and noticed a couple of things:

Even with their guys out of town, Amy and Bernie still hung out with the crew, which to me at least partly answers the question of whether Amy and Bernie are only connected to the others through Sheldon and Howard.

Bernie/Melissa had some of the best lines all season.  I hope they keep giving her doozies like, "My company both invented and cured Restless Eye Syndrome.  Ka-ching, you blinky chumps!"

• Like 5

Anybody up for a pretaping chat say 9pm UK time tonight?

That's 4pm EST.  My sleep schedule is really screwy so I might be asleep, but if I'm awake I'll be there.  If you go into chat, somebody will most likely join you.

(I still think it's cool we have the exact same bday, even the year.)

• Like 1