S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

"Sheldon continues to struggle in the strait jacket."

FADE OUT

:shy:

Damn! Straightjacket was what I put on twitter Lol

I hope they don't end up modifying this and then we never know  :icon_eek:

Edited by ashleyo85

I wrote up the report on the plane. As soon as I can connect my laptop to wifi I'll post it. There was no hotel room. I was speculating because I couldn't see very well on the tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I wrote up the report on the plane. As soon as I can connect my laptop to wifi I'll post it. There was no hotel room. I was speculating because I couldn't see very well on the tour.

Okay thank you for clearing that up. Looking forward to reading. I am going to make a Hot Beverage. 

You could say the same about Leonard leaving in Season 6 then or Howard in Season 5.

it put Shamy relationship to the test

I don't see coitus happening in season finale. I think that will be 200th Episode

Season 5 finally was all about their wedding, that's pretty big Howardette plot. In season 6 it can be consider I think maybe as both Leonard or Lenny plot, but they had a lot of time together, discussed their decision together, Penny was planing his party, saying goodbye etc...  it was step forward for them in that very episode - assurance that they are in a good place, capable of doing grown up decisions together, it was to the degree I think point of this episode. Shamy scene in season 7 was  one of many, wasn't crucial, and it was all about Sheldon, how the changes are affecting him, what he will do, it wasn't took from relationship point of view at all. It was step forward in long term but in that very episode it was all about Sheldon, Amy sadly, didn't played bigger role. Their relationship wasn't the point of the story. 

My opinion...

• Like 1

We should all pick a word that ends with "cket" before the finale and then gather them all and then whoever gets it right wins ....(the satisfaction of being a psychic/know it all!) :icon_biggrin: No backsies!

#FinaleFunTime

Ooh I'll play!

I say "jacket"

I agree that the fade out means something big is going to happen. They did it in the prom episode too after Leonard said "You don't have hormones." It will be a cliffhanger for sure.

I'm pretty sure "FADE OUT" is a standard term of art simply meaning the end of the episode, as opposed to "CUT TO" which references transitions between scenes of an episode.

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 1

Thanks for the report - so psyched that Beverly and Mary are finally going to meet, and it sounds like it will meet all expectations - ”Look, you both are into Jewish guys with beards.” :laugh:

Edited by luke
  • Like 2

Thanks Mama!

I just realised. I haven't posted 1 spoiler yet! Haha!

itc was a funny episode! It's just like we imagined the mothers would be. Weird with no Mayim / Amy though. That sucked.

As for the finale, I legit know nothing. I'll be at the taping.

I can maybe do a tour this weekend. I'll see what I can do

Edited by kazzie
  • Like 7

The Maternal Combustion

Penny says “Let me show you the ring.”  Beverly looks and comments that it must have cost a lot of money.”  Sheldon interjects with, “No, we found it on line.  It’s a recycled industrial diamond.”  Leonard looks mortified and stutters, “Nnnoo, it wasn’t.”   He then says to Sheldon, “Can I talk to you in private.”  They start to leave and Leonard says to Penny, “It’s from Tiffany’s.”  Sheldon retorts, “Oh, you mean the box.”  Exit guys.

Enjoyed your report. I had to point out to the naysayers that Sheldon was there when Leonard picked out the engagement ring.
  • Like 1

Here's a radical idea. What if the finale just plays out like an ordinary episode? No cliff-hanger, no drama; just a good, funny episode.

For our little game, I'm going to go with "socket" as the more obvious ones are already spoken for. Light socket, electric socket, Penny pulls someone's arm out of its socket...