The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

S8 Discussion Thread

I kinda hope that this season they have Amy- Centric episode I'm more of an Amy fan than Shamy. For 1st episode I don't expect much, but I was dying to know the spoilers and I don't know how to enter to this chat thingy.

• Like 1

I kinda hope that this season they have Amy- Centric episode I'm more of an Amy fan than Shamy. For 1st episode I don't expect much, but I was dying to know the spoilers and I don't know how to enter to this chat thingy.

immi, you needed three posts, which had to be approved to get into chat. You now have three posts, click on the chat button at the top of the forum.

• Like 1

Amy- Centric episode is so needed, I also feel its time we meet any of her family, we only meet her mother on web cam briefly once.

I want more backstory, I think Amy is an only child? She has never mentioned any brothers or sisters in the past 4 years. Is her father alive?

immi, you needed three posts, which had to be approved to get into chat. You now have three posts, click on the chat button at the top of the forum.

Thanks.. :shy:

I want an Amy centric ep too!!! Last season The Cooper Extraction was very close to be one for me. It looked like the whole episode was about Sheldon and how he affected the gangs lives but the screensaver was a twist and it wss about Amy. But this season I would prefer pure Amy centric maybe about her family.

Oh lord.... a amy/shamy hater. I know that we can speak our minds but lets not put down a character. This is s8 thread not how i hate amy thread. There is a thread for that.

I'm not an Amy/Shamy hater. I just think Sheldon is an insufferable jerk, and that Amy could find a better boyfriend by going into a crowded room and throwing a rock. At least I'm not an Amy hater, just a Sheldon hater

Edited by eirwinrommel

I have a few minutes while I'm in the drive through. Can i talk about the taping here or is there a better thread for that?

I have a few minutes while I'm in the drive through. Can i talk about the taping here or is there a better thread for that?

Here is where you should be talking about it.

As chat is not playing ball: Summary of what we know.. Not scene by scene, Just whats filtering in. Updating as we go

-----

- Pennys hair is Short

- Stuart still at Mrs Wolowitz even though she is better

- Sheldon robbed

- Calls Leonard for help

- Amy comes along as well

- Amy Tells sheldon she is mad he didn't contact her

- Sheldon tells Leonard he dint want Amy knowing about being robbed and his trip failing

- To test if Amy could hear him, Sheldon said "I want to have coitus with Amy" - That was ONLY to test if she could hear him or not as he spoke to Leonard

--

- When Leonard and Amy arrive, Sheldon hugs Leonard and asks what Amy is doing there

- Amy tells Sheldon he doesn't have to be perfect

-- 

- Leonard called Amy, 

- Sheldon asks to have a moment of private in the car for Sheldon to explain to Leonard he didn't want Amy to know what happened

--

- Sheldon didn't want amy to think any less of him for his trip failing 

--

- Amy is also mad Sheldon didn't say goodbye

--

- Sheldon went for a sleep in his sleeper car with no pants as it was hot, He was robbed of everything while he slept including his pants.

- Sheldon is in Phoenix, Arizona with no stuff, no pants, Looking messy. He is picked up by the Police and Leonard is called to collect him, Leonard calls Amy as well.

--

- Penny gets a new job, Office set was that storyine

--

- Bernie got Penny the interview

thanks for these, its good enough for now until a full report comes up later. I'm just as happy with these snippets.

Thanks for the info!!! Omg I cannot believe I know anything!!!!! I like pretty everything so far!!!

Everything kazzie said is right, except it was kingman, az, not phoenix. Leonard and amy drove 6 hours there to get him.

Stephen root from Office Space (that's my stapler) played dan, who hired penny based on their mutual fear of Bernadette.

Stuart's fight with Howard over him staying with Debbie were the funniest scenes in the episode.

If i were amy, this would have been the last straw for me. I am not satisfied at all with how they handled that.

• Like 4

Everything kazzie said is right, except it was kingman, az, not phoenix. Leonard and amy drove 6 hours there to get him.

Stephen root from Office Space (that's my stapler) played dan, who hired penny based on their mutual fear of Bernadette.

Stuart's fight with Howard over him staying with Debbie were the funniest scenes in the episode.

If i were amy, this would have been the last straw for me. I am not satisfied at all with how they handled that.

lol at their fear of Bernadette in hiring Penny.

I hope Stewart stays with Debbie for a while longer, it will be funny seeing him living there.

• Like 2

They had the railway set screened off on the side so we could only watch or on the monitors. Maybe they didn't trust us to behave if we could see those chicken legs in the flesh?

• Like 3

Great to hear some of the plot lines coming through. As always, I'll reserve my judgement on how good the episode is until I actually see it as an episode. I always appreciate the effort taping reporters make to convey what happens and love knowing the basic plot but for me they are always reported through the lens of the reviewer's personal preferences ( Shamy/Lenny/ hater/shipper) and there is no substitute for seeing and judging for yourself. Everyone misses something someone finds important to them. I can already sense some getting a bit narky about the Sheldon/ Amy scenes but I'll wait until I see how Jim and Mayim play it out. Loved the drama of taping report meltdowns last season when I joined but also loved the follow up " oh that wasn't as bad as I thought" follow up discussions that followed the actual episode viewings.

So looking forward to the more detailed reports - they're a bit Shamy heavy at the moment - later tonight ( and the reactions!) but more looking forward to the impending anticipation of episode 1 on my TV screen come late September.

• Like 5

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report!

"All right, who's got scene 13?"

"Oh, that's me!"

u6era7ez.jpg

Who's who in that pic?

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report!

"All right, who's got scene 13?"

"Oh, that's me!"

u6era7ez.jpg

Good Job Everyone! we really Appreciate it! sound like you had lot of fun. 

By the way I am hungry for ruffles now! 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

Aww that's really sweet!! I mean you don't have to get into this trouble but you do it anyway!!! A big thank you to all who attended!!!!! Cannot say it enough!!!

• Like 5