S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

If Sheldon just was himself and went off the rails mad scientist, a kids show might be even watchable. Kids love weird crazy people.

But I am pretty sure, that's not what this is. I am pretty sure this is about tenure. So I am leaning toward "Solution". And my money is on Leonard. Sheldon's had a rough year.

Edited by Chaliceinnana

You guys!!!! I was in a meeting earlier and was walking back to my office looking for Jim's IG post. Saw the scratch out title and wondered. What's the title? I know!!! My internet friends will have it all solved. Let me go check. AND boom. You did

It's like your my conscience and you know exactly what I need.

• Like 4

I would like a storyline where Amy is the TV presenter and Sheldon is her glamorous assistant. And if this is a return to Professor Proton, I am wondering whether Leonard would be approached to take over the mantle. Then we would have a return to Sheldon's jealousy when Leonard was asked to read Arthur's paper, and-oo!oo!- Penny would be the glamorous assistant (I have not given up my dream of having Penny's world collide with science/nerdery, people). 

A big yes to a return to the Amy/Sheldon webshows, though, they were such fun.

• Like 2

THANKS FOR THE REPORT. THANKS FOR THE EFFORT. CONGRATS FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE SHELDON COOPER COUNCIL OF LADIES, BITCHES BE CRAZY AND GREAT!
I'm not one to analyze to a T the things I read, so this report is, to me, only to know how the story goes, and nothing else.
The writers are fond of showing Sheldon in underwear lately- not that I'm complaining, but still... I like Sheldon's story, on the paper what he says sounds funny, I'm sure when we see it, it would look great. I love that Amy said to him she was upset for he not calling her, and Sheldon's reaction to that was sweet (I mean the real reason he didn't want to see her right there).
Penny story... what do I feel there's always more potential for her stories, than what they show us... *sigh* we'll see. I love the jokes about her hair cut, that was nice^^^
The rest was good, it would look better on screen, I'm sure. I think overall is a solid story I believe... I'm just happy we have season 8, and two more to come Yay!
  • Like 2

Maybe his will do professor protons act while he figures out his career, Amy could be his assistant.

OMG. Someone fanfic this.

I've had this idea in the back of my mind since like April, haha. If they don't end up doing it on the actual show, I might try and make it into a fic. :)
  • Like 1

THANKS FOR THE REPORT. THANKS FOR THE EFFORT. CONGRATS FOR THE SUCCESS OF THE SHELDON COOPER COUNCIL OF LADIES, BITCHES BE CRAZY AND GREAT!
I'm not one to analyze to a T the things I read, so this report is, to me, only to know how the story goes, and nothing else.
The writers are fond of showing Sheldon in underwear lately- not that I'm complaining, but still... I like Sheldon's story, on the paper what he says sounds funny, I'm sure when we see it, it would look great. I love that Amy said to him she was upset for he not calling her, and Sheldon's reaction to that was sweet (I mean the real reason he didn't want to see her right there).
Penny story... what do I feel there's always more potential for her stories, than what they show us... *sigh* we'll see. I love the jokes about her hair cut, that was nice^^^
The rest was good, it would look better on screen, I'm sure. I think overall is a solid story I believe... I'm just happy we have season 8, and two more to come Yay!

One of the sticking points in the contract negotiations was my personal requirement that Jim be in his underwear at least once a season.  This has been going on more or less since the beginning.  I insisted and that's what held up the contract signing.  WB was afraid the studio audiences couldn't handle it, but Jim knew that I needed to see it every season, so...

:p

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 6

You assume Sheldon added it. Amy may have asked for it and persuaded Sheldon to agree.

You're right. I can't be sure about that, because it happened off screen. But, for Sheldon it was a big step, so I don't think he'd have been persuaded by Amy.

One of the sticking points in the contract negotiations was my personal requirement that Jim be in his underwear at least once a season.  This has been going on more or less since the beginning.  I insisted and that's what held up the contract signing.  WB was afraid the studio audiences couldn't handle it, but Jim knew that I needed to see it every season, so...

I think we need to start calling them his "phanties"

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but I think that season seven finale was the worst TBBT finale so far. I'm so glad that everything worked out fine and without too much drama in season eight premiere.

I don't think it was.  I think it laid some important groundwork for what will have to come eventually, even if it doesn't happen right away.

Leonard and Penny are going to get married, which means that Sheldon is going to have to deal with that change happening sooner or later.

He may also have to deal with the issue of Amy wanting to live with him and what he truly thinks/feels about that.

They may decide to change his field of study, depending on what's really going on in the field of science.

They've decided to change things up for Stuart.

Then they piled everything onto Sheldon and burdened him to the breaking point.  I think it was well-done.

I have no problems with the finale.

Wouldn't it seem a little weird for Amy and Sheldon to be back perfectly normal next episode? I was thinking he is going to have to do something to get Amy back to being not still upset with him. So them do'in a TV show together just seems weird for the next episode. I would lean more towards tenure. Wouldn't someone with tenure now be a professor?

You're right. I can't be sure about that, because it happened off screen. But, for Sheldon it was a big step, so I don't think he'd have been persuaded by Amy.

For some reason I have the feeling that whatever is on the RelAg it's because Sheldon put it there. I know Amy has a lot of rights based on the RelAg (biannual report, date nights, being treated as an equal partner unlike the roomate agreement) but they never once implied that Amy actually wrote any of that. It's not clear so whatever we say is head canon in a way but I agree with you that probably Sheldon wrote that cause he makes the changes in the RelAg. What Amy did was to fight for her rights sometimes (like the time she was ill or when he didn't go to her aunt's party) but also insert some elements besides the RelAg such as handholding. The RelAg says differently but they do that apparently cause ya know they have a physical relationship ;)

I was thinking that too @SRAM. Amy said she was mad but what he said later made her happy. She then also tried to make him feel better about his trip. So I am a bit confused. Is she not mad at him anymore?? Is she a little mad??? I would go with no mad at all cause that is TBBT style. I would guess something casual maybe no Shamy storyline so by the moment we have the third episode we the mad thing is forgotten

OIC! ::) if that's the case, ITA about calling them his phanties ;) the girls didn't give too much opinion of this particular scene did they?  :icon_redface: If they did I'm gonna need to read it

Lenny will be stuck with Sheldon as he "doesn't want to bother Amy with his problems"

I sort of think you are right. From the taping report, his attitude towards his relationship with Amy hasn't changed since season 7, so Lenny is still stuck with him. I getting the feeling season 8 is going to have Lenny living between the apartments and a lot of Lenny and Sheldon time together.

Lenny will be stuck with Sheldon as he "doesn't want to bother Amy with his problems"

It says TWO TIMES in the taping report exactly WHY Sheldon didn't call Amy.

In the car he admits to Leonard that the reason he didn't call her was because he didn't want her to know he couldn't make it on his own and later to Amy herself, he admits to her that he didn't want her to know he failed. Not because "he doesn't want to bother Amy with his problems" !!

• Like 3