S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

Sheldon goes to Mrs. Davis and she tells him that if he becomes a junior professor, he can change his field of study to anything he wants. Howard and Leonard go to check on Sheldon and find out that his class is empty. Sheldon says nobody signed up because they think he is "obnoxious". Howard feels bad and tells him that he'll sign up. Sheldon laughs and basically says "yeah right, you're not smart enough" and some funny stuff I can't remember.

Sheldon decides to make his class really, really tough. Howard says "If you're going to be a crappy teacher, I'm going to be a crappy student." Then he starts listening to music in class and shooting a spitball at Sheldon. The spitball gets in his mouth and he runs out the door.

Also, very funny Amy lines.

Edited by happykitty
  • Like 2

Yay Amyyyy!

Yup lots of Amy :) Amy feels like she is "one of the popular kids" in this episode because Penny and Bernadette are having a fight and Penny is talking to Amy about it behind Bernadette's back

Edited by happykitty
  • Like 5

Oh my god I love it!!! Can't wait to hear more hahaha

From inouken on tumblr

"highlights of tonight’s tbbt taping tbh:

junior professor sheldon cooper

sheldon cooper rocking the hell out of a SUIT AND TIE

SHELDON COOPER BECOMING HOWARD WOLOWITZ’S PROFESSOR

HOWARD WOLOWITZ BECOMING SHELDON COOPER’S ONLY STUDENT

SHELDON COOPER TRYING PAINSTAKINGLY TO MAKE HIS CLASSROOM A LIVING INTELLECTUAL HELL

HOWARD WOLOWITZ’S R E V E N G E

AKA FROM HERE ON OUT:

THE TIME HOWARD WOLOWITZ SHOT A SPITBALL INTO SHELDON COOPER’S MOUTH

AMY FARRAH FOWLER FEELING LIKE THE POPULAR GIRL IN HIGH SCHOOL AND LOVING IT

THE. GODDAMN. FUCKING. SPITBALL. "

Lol the writers are writing a comedy, they are not going for mushy but funny. So while they have gotten closer its in big bangs style to have Howard spit a spitball at Sheldon haha. Sounds like two very funny eps.

Considering Lenny shippers have now got what they wanted - they're getting married - in a way the story of the last seven years has reached its climax. Other than the actual wedding, baby plans ( which if you listen to the writers themselves not just us, ain't happening in the foreseeable future) the odd conflict that's part of any committed couple's life, preparation for the wedding and some occasional happy snaps, there is not much left to tell of the LENNY story for a while IN COMPARISON to Shamy, and if they want to go there in depth, Raj and ( insert Emily or other name of woman to come here). Not saying we won't see plenty of Leonard and Penny - at a million an episode Johnny and Kaley better be getting some decent screen time - but instead of them just being Lenny centric story lines, we'll see them in all the other stories as influencers or enablers, sometimes as a couple and sometimes as individual friends to the other characters. It's a bit like what was reported about the first episode of season 8. Leonard helps out Sheldon, then Penny has her turn at the end, dealing with Sheldon's issue that she caused ( the hair cut). Of course there will hopefully still be Leonard stories ( overdue) and Penny stories ( the job story is always there) but Lenny stories probably can't be as important as the last 2 years because it's resolved. But they'll still show up as team Lenny most of the time.

Dealing with Sheldon issue that she caused by getting her haircut. .

WTF. Penny not allowed to better herself now because it might upset the mighty sheldon. I am sorry I don't agree with that part of your post. Sheldon needs to grow up.

Samsung Note3

• Like 2

As for BTS stuff,

Well, not too much. Jim was getting his makeup done and they powdered his nose and he sneezed. It was cute. Mayim seemed like she was in a very good mood. She was just really smiley, even when she messed up. I saw Jim, Mayim, and Melissa take the selfie!!!!!!! I saw Simon mess up for the first time, but his line was really hard. Someone in the audience had cancer with only a few weeks to live and Kaley went into the audience to give them a hug

• Like 7

Thanks for the BTS stuff happykitty!!! Kaley must be a real sweetheart!! I think most of the reporters say that she talks to the audience. That's really polite.

May I ask something? Do we get to see Amy working?? Or the scenes in her lab are with others discussing?? I know that's a weird quetion but Amy working just makes me soo happy!! If there are monkeys all the better!! :p

I like it that this is a genuinely funny episode. It deals with Sheldon's career also but I think that the funny part is the important one. Thanks for all the info!!!!! :)

eta : Jiab answered my question!! Thanks for the report!!! I am very happy with the episode!! Sounds really really funny!! Hahaha Amy is the popular girl!!! Her scene with Sheldon just lol!!! Feeling confident right???? I really cannot wait to watch it!!!

Edited by Cecilia

Thanks for the BTS stuff happykitty!!! Kaley must be a real sweetheart!! I think most of the reporters say that she talks to the audience. That's really polite.

May I ask something? Do we get to see Amy working?? Or the scenes in her lab are with others discussing?? I know that's a weird quetion but Amy working just makes me soo happy!! If there are monkeys all the better!! :p

I like it that this is a genuinely funny episode. It deals with Sheldon's career also but I think that the funny part is the important one. Thanks for all the info!!!!! :)

Amy is working with starfish in her lab. Penny drops by and they start talking about Bernadette behind her back. In another scene, Amy makes a phone call to Penny, Bernadette, and Sheldon in her lab. (Mayim couldn't get the cell phone to work, lol) I think Penny is the only one that talks to her face to face while she is working

Edited by happykitty
  • Like 1

Amy is working with starfish in her lab. Penny drops by and they start talking about Bernadette behind her back. In another scene, Amy makes a phone call to Penny, Bernadette, and Sheldon in her lab. (Mayim couldn't get the cell phone to work, lol) I think Penny is the only one that talks to her face to face while she is working

Thanks!!! It sounds wonderful!!! :) Yeah Amy and that starfish is gold lol!!!

Thanks for the Tr, hilarous two very funny eps that are just funny no growth, sounds like a very promising start to s8. I think Amy is going to steal this ep, cracking out loud haha. Partic to pleasurising a starfish lol.

Dealing with Sheldon issue that she caused by getting her haircut. .

WTF. Penny not allowed to better herself now because it might upset the mighty sheldon. I am sorry I don't agree with that part of your post. Sheldon needs to grow up.

Samsung Note3

Not what I meant Tonstar. Wasn't agreeing with Sheldon's reaction. Of course Penny can do what she wants. Just stating that's what apparently happened and that it was Penny's turn to deal with Sheldon a la Team Lenny sharing responsibility. I too believe it was an unnecessary reaction but apparently necessary to the writers on comedy grounds.

Thanks for the reports - the spitball scene sounds like a BBT classic :laugh: - I would like to see Sheldon and Howard work together as student and professor so Howard can finally get that doctorate and being a professor might help Sheldon grow as a person as well, so I hope this is not just a one episode and done deal, but from the way it ended, it sounded like it might be, which would be to bad as I was enjoying Sheldon and Howard growing closer as friends.

Edited by luke
  • Like 2

Thank you so much for the taping report Jiab ! :*

This line !!! "Amy was stimulating the starfish, and she talked to it ‘you like it, don’t you’, ‘that’s right, say my name’" just cracked me up.  :rofl: 

Oh Amy, I'm loving you more and more !  :icon_cheesygrin:

You said it was Sheldon's centric but now I'm reading the TR, we can see that Amy has a big part in that episode ! THAT IS SO GREAT ! YAY !

The interactions between Howard and Sheldon are priceless ! 

This episode sounds really great, very funny and I think I will watch it again and again after September 22th  :icon_redface:

Jiab: A little question for you, when Shamy were together or speaking on the phone, did you feel they were closer than before? Because when I read you, it feels like Sheldon never left Pasadena and that Amy and him are sharing things like always. (I lreally like the "Hi boyfriend" line )

• Like 5

Thank you so much for the taping report Jiab ! :*

This line !!! "Amy was stimulating the starfish, and she talked to it ‘you like it, don’t you’, ‘that’s right, say my name’" just cracked me up.  :rofl: 

Oh Amy, I'm loving you more and more !  :icon_cheesygrin: 

You said it was Sheldon's centric but now I'm reading the TR, we can see that Amy has a big part in that episode ! THAT IS SO GREAT ! YAY !

The interactions between Howard and Sheldon are priceless ! 

This episode sounds really great, very funny and I think I will watch it again and again after September 22th  :icon_redface: 

Jiab: A little question for you, when Shamy were together or speaking on the phone, did you feel they were closer than before? Because when I read you, it feels like Sheldon never left Pasadena and that Amy and him are sharing things like always. (I lreally like the "Hi boyfriend" line )

Even though there was no big Shamy scene, I'm satisfied with the 2 Shamy scenes in this episode. I like that they are sharing things with each other. I'm a Shamy shipper so of course I felt they were closer LOL.

Edited by Jiab Pattira
  • Like 8

Thanks, Jiab!

Hee, Amy/Penny/Bernadette mean-girl interactions! It's like they're talking directly to me. And hurrah for Amy, even for a moment, seeming to realise that she has a circle of friends outside of Sheldon! 

This whole episode seems to have a 'Back to School' theme, eh? Penny not wanting to be the Teacher's Pet, Howard being the class clown/jock, Amy being the popular girl. 

There's also an interesting parallel track of hierarchies: Howard placing himself in a supposedly subordinate role to Sheldon, but then turning the tables and Penny reacting (maybe?) to a feeling of dependence on Bernadette by refusing to be humble and obedient. I'd have to wait to see how it plays out, but this looks, again, unexpectedly thoughtful.

• Like 2

Thanks Jiab. Sounds like a great episode. A good old fashioned LOL guys hanging out with the guys being nerds with the newer female version as the other story. I like episodes with not too many stories and this sounds like a goody. Love giving Amy the feel good story. After all these years of yearning to be wanted by Penny, the roles are reversed and she is loving it. The girls are fighting over her! The starfish gags sound hilarious and Mayim's delivery will no doubt make them better! Love a bit of Howard and Sheldon interaction. I wonder if Howard wanting a doctorate is a real story for the year or just for the laughs this episode. Interesting development there. Good to see Penny knuckling down at the end trying to improve her knowledge - hope that isn't a one off and she continues to make the effort. Probably needed a bit of badass Bernie to snap out of her half arsed attitude. Nice homage to the Fig Newton/Physics line from Sheldon's crap teaching effort with Penny in season 3. Looking forward to this one.

• Like 4

It depends Kelli. There are other people that go to the tapings. If one of them is from Fan Forum, we will link to that report. Failing that, we have gotten some tweets or some text messages from those others. If all that fails, they usually show the previously taped episode at the next taping and we have gotten a short taping report on that episode, along with the regular report.

thank you Tensor for the info. i've always been curious. ;)  

I can't get into chat with my phone.

Just a quick summary, I will do a report when I get home.

The title is "The Junior Professor Solution"

-It's a Sheldon-centric episode

-Sheldon becomes a professor

-No one sign up for his class

-Howard decided to take his class

-Penny and Bernadette had an argument over Penny's new job

thank you Jiab for your report :)