S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

When Sheldon eats a fry off of Amy's plate, did it look like she had already been touching them? Or had they only just received their food? And when Amy asked for a bite of Sheldon's burger and he said no because she was allergic, do you think that the line meant that he would've let her, if she wasn't? Also, why did people gasp when Sheldon said Amy was allergic?

Sorry, lots of questions. It's just that Sheldon NEVER shares his food with ANYONE -- just look at what happened in The Panty Piñata Polarization -- and it's HUGE if he now does with Amy.

Edit: Where are my manners?! Thanks sooooo much, Michy, kazzie, BBTGuy, and Pilot. You guys are the best!

It's hard to know if he would have let her share a bite of an avocado-free burger, but it did seem like that was his reason for saying no. I think people gasped because it was so unexpected. We're like, "oh look Sheldon's not sharing food because he's selfish hahaha" but then bam, nope, he's just casually and quietly saving her life.

Looks like they'd probably just gotten the food, but hard to know. We had to watch that scene all on monitors so we were limited to what the cameras saw.

• Like 9

When Sheldon eats a fry off of Amy's plate, did it look like she had already been touching them? Or had they only just received their food? And when Amy asked for a bite of Sheldon's burger and he said no because she was allergic, do you think that the line meant that he would've let her, if she wasn't? Also, why did people gasp when Sheldon said Amy was allergic?

Sorry, lots of questions. It's just that Sheldon NEVER shares his food with ANYONE -- just look at what happened in The Panty Piñata Polarization -- and it's HUGE if he now does with Amy.

Edit: Where are my manners?! Thanks sooooo much, Michy, kazzie, BBTGuy, and Pilot. You guys are the best!

Yes! The fact that not only did he share something off her plate but it was sort of implied that it's no big deal and that, potentially, he might have shared his burger with her if avocados were not there....that's huge. I guess now that he kisses her his germaphobe tendencies are taking a back seat.
  • Like 3

You know what, even though Lenny is not my ship, this episode was so sweet for them (that marriage is scary line in particular) that I'm probably going to tear up watching it....so, so sweet!

Good to know :)

Hi Mitchy - thanks again for a great TR - just one question and you probably will not be able to answer, but in the scene where Jim backhanded Mayim on the shoulder  - was this in character or out.  It seems like a hive five type of action which is odd for Sheldon (I think?).  If they were in character then I am really looking forward to seeing the scene and how it plays out.

• Like 1

Hi Mitchy - thanks again for a great TR - just one question and you probably will not be able to answer, but in the scene where Jim backhanded Mayim on the shoulder - was this in character or out. It seems like a hive five type of action which is odd for Sheldon (I think?). If they were in character then I am really looking forward to seeing the scene and how it plays out.

Yes, it was in character, like Sheldon whacking her shoulder for being naughty, but as I said, it was just a re-enactment for the audience so I have no idea if he did it in the pre-tape, which is what they would use in the show. So we'll see!

• Like 4

Yes, it was in character, like Sheldon whacking her shoulder for being naughty, but as I said, it was just a re-enactment for the audience so I have no idea if he did it in the pre-tape, which is what they would use in the show. So we'll see!

Oh it would be great that they keep that !

• Like 1

Re: sharing food. I thought we knew he was ok with this already. Wasn't the wine he drank just before the first SIK from Amy's glass?

Yes but that was during a freakout moment... This is a bigger meaning in a way

Always love BBT writers for their subtle hints and stuff

Seems like a very strong episode

I am holding firm on my inkling that Emily will back for episode 4. Seems the time has come for a little Raj loving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I get the feeling this is going to be a common theme for Lenny this season. There's no doubting the love but they will be still be challenging all their decisions. A little bit of doubt and fear is central to both characters' personalities but at the end of each episode that challenges their relationship, there will be a moment that makes them stronger. Loved that Jim was so into the Lenny moment that he lost the plot. Means it was done well.

Shamy looks to be settled too. Nice to see them confident in their relationship again.

And. Thanks Michy for the report. Looks like Season 3 is starting with a (big) bang.

• Like 6

We all have different takes and opinions on stuff, so we're happy to weigh in if anyone is curious about specific things. x D

would you say.. in all Shamy honesty...that they were really in a good place??? the episode sounds great!!!!! ( even without the date night kisses)

Looks like another good episode, aside from the fact that Sheldon is once again an obnoxious, arrogant asshole who has to prove he's better than everyone else.

You seem surprised... I don't know why.

Looks like another good episode, aside from the fact that Sheldon is once again an obnoxious, arrogant asshole who has to prove he's better than everyone else.

That's been Sheldon for quite a while now. I think that is one "status quo" that ain't getting combusted any time soon.

I love that he understood she was being naughty and could laugh at it.  In the past when she's made innuendo like that he's either ignored her or given her his patented look of haughty derision.  How they get each other is so beautiful.  He still has a way to go to being more open with his feelings about her, but he's going to get there. Molaro promised us and I'm holding him to it.

• Like 2

Shamy fans have to be in my IMO disappointed by this episode. First, Sheldon "had" to make up dates with Amy because he was gone and wanted Lenny along so it would be considered two. Second he considers them a "better" couple than Lenny because of a test. And finally he wants to win a "contest" between Raj and the dog. Disappointing to see Amy back as the "doormat" again.

• Like 3

Shamy fans have to be in my IMO disappointed by this episode. First, Sheldon "had" to make up dates with Amy because he was gone and wanted Lenny along so it would be considered two. Second he considers them a "better" couple than Lenny because of a test. And finally he wants to win a "contest" between Raj and the dog. Disappointing to see Amy back as the "doormat" again.

not true...actually most of us are pretty happy with the episode. 

• Like 8

I am an ardent ShamyShipper and I'm actually quite happy with this episode. Sure, the relationship agreement states that he must make up the missed dates, but when have you seen Sheldon go along with anything all hearts and flowers when it's not something he initiates even when he's actually ok with it. He'd rather say "I'm not unhappy" instead of "This pleases me." That's just how Sheldon is. The fact that it appears he has to make up a lot of dates, he was only gone 45 days, so how many could he have missed, means that they added more date nights to the RA and he was probably quite ok with that.

Someone posted the actual criteria used in evaluating the strength of a relationship, either here or in one of the other forums, and it was pretty descriptive of the give and take of a relationship. It sounded like they completed it together and the fact that they both rated it an 8.2/10 when the average couple scored 4 or 5/10 means they are comfortable with what they have, it works for them. Sure there is more work to be, there always is in any relationship, but their base is strong.

I didn't see Amy as a doormat at all in this episode, if anything, I think she's got a bit of her backbone returned to her.

This doesn't mean I don't want to see more physical intimacy with them sooner rather than later, eg, more passionate kissing, sleep overs (no coitus yet), but they will get there and I will anxiously await for that.

Couldn't have said it better myself. And now I guess we know who the shit stirrer is in the Shamy ship, and it's not even a Shamy fan....

• Like 7

I am an ardent ShamyShipper and I'm actually quite happy with this episode.  Sure, the relationship agreement states that he must make up the missed dates, but when have you seen Sheldon go along with anything all hearts and flowers when it's not something he initiates even when he's actually ok with it.  He'd rather say "I'm not unhappy" instead of "This pleases me."  That's just how Sheldon is.  The fact that it appears he has to make up a lot of dates, he was only gone 45 days, so how many could he have missed, means that they added more date nights to the RA and he was probably quite ok with that. 

Someone posted the actual criteria used in evaluating the strength of a relationship, either here or in one of the other forums, and it was pretty descriptive of the give and take of a relationship.  It sounded like they completed it together and the fact that they both rated it an 8.2/10 when the average couple scored 4 or 5/10 means they are comfortable with what they have, it works for them.  Sure there is more work to be, there always is in any relationship, but their base is strong. 

I didn't see Amy as a doormat at all in this episode, if anything, I think she's got a bit of her backbone returned to her.

This doesn't mean I don't want to see more physical intimacy with them sooner rather than later, eg, more passionate kissing, sleep overs (no coitus yet), but they will get there and I will anxiously await for that.

First of all if their is a "relationship agreement" that's a red flag to begin with. And if you evaluate actual criteria Shamy "on paper" they would win every time. But as it shows at the end of the final scene when Penny and Leonard gaze in to each other eyes it seems evident that Amy is a bit envious of that. She even says something to Sheldon about that and his response is we got an 8.2 on the test. As you mentions the numbers work for them. I think the numbers work for Sheldon. If they worked for Amy she wouldn't of asked Sheldon the question to begin with.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 1