S8 Discussion Thread

bigbangsheldon

Sorry, the can of worms was opened by your fellow shipper.

I am not saying that their relationship isn't solid. But, through the episode they were trying to prove how solid they were against, of all couples, Shamy.

Hey, don't bring lenny into the mix. Lol. I think lenny are solid & it's a good thing they both have doubts, it's normal in relationships. It's also the first time both been engaged & it must be scary for them & I like the fact they are talking about it together & not fighting.

Tonstar17. Don't you know the rules of the Discussion thread. Only Shamy shippers can discuss Shamy.LOL. I'm not sure why Lenny got brought into this.

I guess that's because sheldon put there relationship at the bottom of the pack even behind raj & his dog. Sorry that's disrespectful and leonard is right to try & defend their relationship.

You pretty much summed up how I feel about that ;)

Raj hasn't had much of a part in the first 3 episodes. Are they going to have Emily back?

I really think Emily will be back on episode 4.  Any longer and she'll be almost forgotten.

I see in my head that Penny & Emily's first interaction will not be a happy one.  I see Penny trying to sell pharms to Emily (who is a Dermatologist) and they equally get turned off by each other.

then later on they are meeting her for the first time in 4A and bam!! 

Of course 1-2 episodes of this plot line and all is forgiven!!! 

I am really intrigued by Emily mixing with the girls (and Raj being happy!!)

• Like 1

Raj hasn't had much of a part in the first 3 episodes. Are they going to have Emily back?

I believe they will. She's been mentioned in all 3 episodes so far. The actress has a competing gig on another show. I can't remember now. Scheduling may affect Raj/Emily storylines.

And what Tomsina said above about Molaro and his statement that she will be back. It's a few pages back.

Edited by notchinc

I kind of like Emily.  She smart, sassy and weird.  I think she'd fit in well.  I hope she and Raj work.  I know the actress is also working on the show "Bones" so she is not going to be a regular, but I do hope we see more of her. 

I really think Emily will be back on episode 4.  Any longer and she'll be almost forgotten.

I see in my head that Penny & Emily's first interaction will not be a happy one.  I see Penny trying to sell pharms to Emily (who is a Dermatologist) and they equally get turned off by each other.

then later on they are meeting her for the first time in 4A and bam!! 

Of course 1-2 episodes of this plot line and all is forgiven!!! 

I am really intrigued by Emily mixing with the girls (and Raj being happy!!)

I may have said this before but I agree that Emily and Penny may not get along but for a different reason. They have both slept with Raj. I could see Sheldon pointing that out.

I may have said this before but I agree that Emily and Penny may not get along but for a different reason. They have both slept with Raj. I could see Sheldon pointing that out.

She was ok with Raj seeing other people in the beginning of their relationship. I'm sure she'd be cool with penny. Especially since she's engaged.

Did Leonard ever find out that all they really did was sleep?

• Like 1

She was ok with Raj seeing other people in the beginning of their relationship. I'm sure she'd be cool with penny. Especially since she's engaged.

True. But it could be awkward since Penny is someone Raj sees regularly unlike just seeing other people.

I don't think it was mentioned on the show. That's another reason things could be awkward because Penny agreed not to say what happened because Raj had trouble performing. Of course that might make Emily look better since he appears not to have that problem with her. Edited by Chrismo

Thank you MichyGeary for the taping report.

The shipper in me is happy on all relationship fronts.  I also love the Howard/Mike Skype.  I think this sounds like a solid episode.

Really at this point I can't wait to see the epis. 

Thanks, Michy and Kazzie! And this sounds like a fun episode, with lots to do for the whole ensemble.

Oh, no no no, I beg you, guys, not the 'shipping wars again. It's not off-topic, strictly, I know, since it's part of the content of this episode, but- oh dear. My read of this episode is that Sheldon and Amy (Sheldon particularly) measure relationship success in a different way from Leonard and Penny. Sheldon's bent is to organise, file and rank, and so naturally he'll try to boil relationships down into some sort of pseudo-objective metric. But surely the point is that the clinical, metric-obsessed way works for Sheldon and Amy, and Leonard and Penny's works for them?

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 8

Thanks, Michy and Kazzie! And this sounds like a fun episode, with lots to do for the whole ensemble.

Oh, no no no, I beg you, guys, not the 'shipping wars again. It's not off-topic, strictly, I know, since it's part of the content of this episode, but- oh dear. My read of this episode is that Sheldon and Amy (Sheldon particularly) measure relationship success in a different way from Leonard and Penny. Sheldon's bent is to organise, file and rank, and so naturally he'll try to boil relationships down into some sort of pseudo-objective metric. But surely the point is that the clinical, metric-obsessed way works for Sheldon and Amy, and Leonard and Penny's works for them?

I especially agree with the Sheldon particularly part.

I especially agree with the Sheldon particularly part.

Heh. Oh, Chrismo, you're such a tease. But yes, Sheldon particularly. Though Amy's 'It's more than hot. It's binding.' suggests that you may say he's a dreamer, but he's not the only one....

• Like 6

Heh. Oh, Chrismo, you're such a tease. But yes, Sheldon particularly. Though Amy's 'It's more than hot. It's binding.

I think Amy's "it's more than hot. Its Binding" is to me just a throw away line meant to be funny. Just like Penny says that Leonard really tries in the bedroom. In regards to my take on the taping report. The person who was there at the taping is a Shamy fan (correct me if I'm wrong) and appeared to dislike the ending to the Shamy part of the story. I usually go along with the person who was there because they would have a better feel on how the episode went. My comments were based on what I read in her report. I have a hard time disagreeing with someone who was actually there.

I think Amy's "it's more than hot. Its Binding" is to me just a throw away line meant to be funny. Just like Penny says that Leonard really tries in the bedroom. In regards to my take on the taping report. The person who was there at the taping is a Shamy fan (correct me if I'm wrong) and appeared to dislike the ending to the Shamy part of the story. I usually go along with the person who was there because they would have a better feel on how the episode went. My comments were based on what I read in her report. I have a hard time disagreeing with someone who was actually there.

actually...the person who wrote the taping report is Mich.  Kazzie is the one who said she wasn't satisfied with how the Shamy line went down.   So two different people, two different views, both at the same taping.

as mentioned earlier, it is astonishing how one word or line can be taken so many different ways.  Its what makes the world go round.

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 4

actually...the person who wrote the taping report is Mich.  Kazzie is the one who said she wasn't satisfied with how the Shamy line went down.   So two different people, two different views, both at the same taping.

as mentioned earlier, it is astonishing how one word or line can be taken so many different ways.  Its what makes the world go round.

I saw kazzie's comments and thought it was a little funny how someone who wasn't there could disagree with her.

They did more than just sleep.  It was still a sexual encounter even though they didn't have full-on sex.  There was fooling around, nudity, and a happy ending (for him).  I think that counts as something.