S8 Discussion Thread

I would like to believe that she realized she was in Leonard's bed and she thought it was maybe Leonard in bed with her for a moment, that is why she smiled. She did seem to be missing him and wanting him that night, so the immediate thought of being in his bed in the morning must have been comforting to her. If that was really the case, I don't think anyone would have been real hard on Leonard and Penny cheating.

As you know, that is my interpretation of the smile. I just find it hard to accept the argument that there was something wrong with the Raj/Penny situation, with them both being single, yet it would have been OK for Leonard and Penny to hook up, even through Leonard was in a relationship (albeit a shaky one, but he and Priya were still officially together).

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taping Report    “The Prom Equivalency”   Hi!!   This is my first taping report EVER so please be considerate and I will try my best. This was also my first taping, now that I live in LA, I was

I want you guys to know how hard these ladies are working on this report! "All right, who's got scene 13?" "Oh, that's me!"

Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but there's dialogue from the prom episode that I'm not sure was in the taping report. In the scene where Amy tells Sheldon she is going up to

Posted Images

[snip]

I agree with the doing nothing wrong, but it had everything to do with them being single, and nothing with them being lucid.

[snip]

As everyone knows, I'm a huge Lenny fan, but as bad as a lot of people thought the Raj/Penny thing was bad, they were both single, it was then Raj's room, they were two consenting adults, they could do what they wanted to do.[snip]

...but it was not what Penny wanted to do. At least it was not what she wanted to do when fully lucid. One is not really consenting when they are so compromised.

One of the most touching moments between Penny and Leonard

Penny: God, what is wrong with me.

Leonard: Nothing, you’re perfect.

Penny: Gah, I’m not perfect.

Leonard: Yes you are.

Penny: You really think so, don’t you? (She kisses hm.)

Leonard: Penny?

Penny: Yeah.

Leonard: How much have you had to drink tonight?

Penny: Just…. a lot.

Leonard: Are you sure that your being drunk, and your being angry with Kurt doesn’t have something to do with what’s going on here?

Penny: It might. Boy, you’re really smart.

Leonard: Yeah, I’m a frickin’ genius.

Penny: Leonard, you are so great. Why can’t all guys be like you?

• Like 1

I can't believe we're discussing the Raj/Penny thing again. It's been discussed at least a thousand times xD I stopped arguing about it. For me, it hurts to watch, even if they weren't dating. End of story (for me) :p.

I can't believe that just because the Raj/Penny thing is mentioned in passing that some feel the need to debate that whole thing again.  Next thing you know, we'll be talking about whether or not Leonard is a bad guy for wanting to kiss that comic book store girl or whatever, or whether Raj is a bad person because he wanted his friend's girlfriend, or whether Sheldon is a horrible person because he "made" Leonard wear an itchy sweater, or whether the guys are horrible for messing with Sheldon's north pole research, etc., etc., etc..

Can we talk about the current episode?  Or at least stuff that is still a factor in the current status of the relationships? or other aspects of their lives.  I'd even almost rather have another go-round on tenure than hear another argument about Raj/Penny.

If the characters have all moved on, why haven't we?

• Like 9

...but it was not what Penny wanted to do. At least it was not what she wanted to do when fully lucid. One is not really consenting when they are so compromised.

One of the most touching moments between Penny and Leonard

This conveniently ignores "The Lunar Excitation", where Leonard was completely sober, (as he was here), but didn't stop. So why is Raj getting so much crap for not stopping, after all he was also impaired, right?

Well the show is not over and sometimes something on the past episodes might have an impact on a new one. I know it is a bit impossible but it's always fun to speculate. It's not that hard for a conversation to start and it may not be exactly about season 8 but we are all here. I mean who writes now on season 4 or 5 forums?? I don't care for some of tje conversations either tbh but it's fun for other people. I don't see the problem.

Tensor, you look a little bit like Hulk Hogan, but with darker hair. Just saying... :icon_mrgreen:

Can we talk about the current episode?  Or at least stuff that is still a factor in the current status of the relationships? or other aspects of their lives.  I'd even almost rather have another go-round on tenure than hear another argument about Raj/Penny.

I agree. Or at least move it to another thread, since I read about it too many times and I don't WANT to read about it anymore. Somebody feel free to open a Raj/Penny thread. I won't go there.

I can't believe that just because the Raj/Penny thing is mentioned in passing that some feel the need to debate that whole thing again.  Next thing you know, we'll be talking about whether or not Leonard is a bad guy for wanting to kiss that comic book store girl or whatever, or whether Raj is a bad person because he wanted his friend's girlfriend, or whether Sheldon is a horrible person because he "made" Leonard wear an itchy sweater, or whether the guys are horrible for messing with Sheldon's north pole research, etc., etc., etc..

phanta, look at all the cans of worms you're so cheerfully opening....

But hear, hear, I quite agree.

Do we think Penny's sleek new 'do will continue on her head (I hope so, I really like the cut on Cuoco)? Do we think that she'll skyrocket through the ranks at her new firm? Or do we think that she'll come across some dodgy practices at said firm that will put her and Bernie on opposite sides of an ethical line?  

I totally agree with this.. we know that Sheldon must still grow but this growth must be gradual.. at the end the main point is the run, to the destination Sheldon and Amy will surely arrive  :)

I wish this comment had more 'likes'... 

And thank you BBTGUY for your insight.

Lord, I feel so out of place here. Now I know why I never joined any reading club.

• Like 4

I wish this comment had more 'likes'... 

And thank you BBTGUY for your insight.

Lord, I feel so out of place here. Now I know why I never joined any reading club.

Seeing as you obviously asked for advice, here you go. Keep sticking your your oar in, don't let the zealous shout you down and try to keep a sense of perspective. Care less and just say what feel you have to. That's what every one else seems to do. And it's supposed to be fun, not a cult. Enjoy.

Too wit... I see an obvious exit strategy for Emily. She hears about Raj/Penny, thinks it is a good idea and wants to be part of it and finally freaks Raj out. Because I want Raj to be out there, playing the field. Or do we have the next three years of everyone in the same relationships playing the same games.

And It really should be obvious that Penny and Raj was clearly a cleverly designed device to set a very deep hook. It was brilliant, because three years later people are still nostalgic for it. And there was no meanness in it, which is something that seems to have been lost. There seems to be more meanness last season. "Itchy Brain" and "Raiders" had a fair bit of meanness.

• Like 2

OMG such a good find in Mayim pic!!! So Stuart is in the episode along with the other comic book store... Interesting!

So any updated speculations on the title based off this new spoiler info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He could just work there. Debbie could have bought it for him. At this point it's all speculation, although I would think it would be one of those two, seeing as it was Molaro (I believe) who said a comic book store would be making a return.

Isint that a pic from S7? Where Stuart and Bernadette went to the comic book store . I wonder if that well be a new hangout?. And Ten re Penny/Raj, we can go back and fourth, different opinions and perspectives. End of the day it happened it was four years ago, time to let it be in the past. For the record i agree with you re BroCode, and no im not from the middle ages ;). I was being facitious and disengenious. Obviousley Penny is free to date anyone, seeing her relationship status, same goes for Raj. Maybe im a bit more Tradational, you dont get with your Best Friends Ex. Cant really use Leonard/Priya as an apt example , as thats Rajs sister. Yes Leonard got with her, but Raj and Priya are bro and sis. Penny and Raj were friends vicariousley through Leonard. Different dynamics, not much of a difference but theirs a difference. And sure Sheldon granted Leonards as Rajs room. But it doesent make it his right to mistreat the privledge. It was a privledge not a right being in Leonards room. The fact like you said Penny woke up with a smile on her face, clearly she thought it was Leonard. And the fact Raj had more of a recollection, does not say much about Raj Imo. But techniquley they did nothing wrong, but depends on who you are and how you interprets things.