[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes - Season 8

Tensor

But just this year didn't that one actress on TBBT, her names escapes me, win a People's Choice Award. I think she on those commercials with that Star Trek guy.

I know, I know is it.... hey you making that up. Why would you do that.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

This thread is now utterly and completely pointless. It no longer has anything to do, whatsoever with season 8, and since no attempt to bring it back to civility is forthcoming, I vote we rename it.

Possible names being:

Why Sheldon is the root of all evil

I'm right, you're wrong so why are you still talking

Which character is the most screwed up

Omg why are you defending Sheldon again

Whoa is me Leonard has been wronged

Why all the characters are essentially cruel to each other

etc, etc, etc....

I'll just come back later. It is a slow news day.

• Like 1

As much as i love tbbt, yall know its a tv show and not real right? The characters is how the writers want to protray them. I may disagree with them sometimes (cough cough shenny ep coming up) but i will still love the show. Yes, sheldon is the major draw of the show. When ppl think of tbbt, its either sheldon, penny, bazinga or the knocking on pennys door.

Cant we all just get along?

^ Sorry Chrismo your joking right? Penny has always been so indifferent to Sheldon. The whole point of their 4 minute staring, is because its so awkward, they feel absoliutely no romantic feelings for each other. This has been the case since the pilot. Sheldon was just some guy she had to put up with. And vicarousley through Leonard they became friends, brother and sister. Adhesive Duck is mostly why ppl ship them Yet that should of been the episode that buried the idea. When Sheldon saw Penny naked, she was so indifferent, her response was almost like a brother touching her. And later on "Omg Sheldon is going to undress me, never thought I would say that!" lol. Clearly she has NEVER seen Sheldon like that. People say they would be hotter, don't agree. While Asethetically Sheldon is a good looking guy (So is Leonard). As far as good looking guys go, Sheldon is NOT her type. Her type was gym guys, with muscles, and rich and good looking guys. She would not go from dating a gym guy to Sheldon, the weird prayinmantis from across the hall lol. How this has ever been a discussion since the pilot is remarkable. Never even occurred to once them romantically. The show never intended any romantic undertone, so why would any fans take it as such. When Alex and PRiya came along, it made Penny realize Leonard is a catch. Complete Package, she started taking Leonard less for granted. As for your logic Chrismo. If they stared each other and felt nothing, as she was pretty much staring at her brother in terms of the group drynamics. Partic after Disneyland ep S3 when Penny and Leonard treated Sheldon like their divorce kid. You don't think its weird the writers would do that lol? I mean I agree the only way it would happen, is if the show suddenly deconstructed its premise and the characters personalities. Sheldon and Penny have always had strong personalities, hence why people have twisted their scenes over time to suit their pre conceived notions like you are doing now. The shoe never really delt with it head on like they are now. But staring at each other and that's it, logically doesn't that mean they are not in love lol? The idea you can stare at someone for 4 mins and fall in love with someone doesent matter if its Sheldon or anyone really is ludricous. How would them kissing change that. Your probably joking, but your starting to come across as a troll so I would be careful, just a suggestion.

I haven't been a member on this thread very long, but it seems like some people intentionally like to hurt people's feelings just to make themselves feel better, which is pretty sad. There are flaws in each character, couple and friendship. If you like one character over another that's okay, and if you hate another character over another that's okay too. You don't have to tear a character, actor or member here to build your favorite character, couple or actor up. There have been some really amazing discussions on this thread that made me want to join and actually step out of the shadows and speak my mind about a show I truly enjoy. When I come in here and all there is if fighting and nonsense it makes me want to stay away.

This is just my opinion, my apologies if I offended anyone as it wasn't my intention.

• Like 7

I really think ppl say things to get a rise out of other ppl.

It's why the Internet was invented, wasn't it?

God forbid. Given the deterioration in quality reflected in S7 and S8 I hate to think what 4 more seasons will be like,

you talking about the show or the discussion threads?
  • Like 4

Mislsv- no one came on here to refute the flaws you came up with for the other 6 characters. Why was there a need to refute Sheldon's flaws?

Phanta - I believe you commented on how there was Sheldon bashing going on on here. why did you not point out mislav's bashing of the other charscters?

How is pointing out somebody's flaws bashing? And how did I refute Sheldon's flaws? I was disproving the claim that Sheldon has the most flaws.

Everyone on here knows you hate Penny.. The problem comes in when there is always the need for some to defend Sheldon and make excuses for him such as he OCD or whatever. By what your saying above is that your right and the people who observe his flaws are wrong. I guess making excuses for Sheldon make some feel better. I think if people stopped making excuses for Sheldon the whole argument would just go away.

Who is everyone Chrismo? You are the only one making this claim. The most ridiculous, hateful and immature comments are usually made by you. Also, you accuse somebody of hating Penny, without any evidence to support that claim, then bash Sheldon in order to make yourself feel better, ignore multiple evidence showing that Sheldon has OCD, and start a Shenny discussion in order to annoy Shamy shippers, even though that contradicts with what you ship (Lenny)? Making excuses for Sheldon doesn't cover it, that is just flat out immature and ridiculous. Edited by Mislav
  • Like 1

So basically chrismo is happy for penny to cheat on Leonard

Gotcha

i never said that although with your theory Sheldon would be cheating on Amy. It would go both ways. it seems they are doing a test if they could fall in love. is that no already s form of cheating? I'm seeing why a kiss would make things any different,

How is pointing out somebody's flaws bashing? And how did I refute Sheldon's flaws? I was disproving the claim that Sheldon has the most flaws.Who is everyone Chrismo? You are the only one making this claim. The most ridiculous, hateful and immature comments are usually made by you. Also, you accuse somebody of hating Penny, without any evidence to support that claim, then bash Sheldon in order to make yourself feel better, ignore multiple evidence showing that Sheldon has OCD, and start a Shenny discussion in order to annoy Shamy shippers, even though that contradicts with what you ship (Lenny)? Making excuses for Sheldon doesn't cover it, that is just flat out immature and ridiculous.

I wasn't referring to you as bashing. It seems that I was.. Dena saw my post. maybe you haven't been on here long enough to know her dislike for Penny. if Sheldon hadOCD typically he would be on medicine or some king of therapy. What evidence do you have for that? Granted the writers probably don't want to get into that.We could use excuses for the others behavior. Howard had no Father. Leonard's mother was non supportive of him. Penny's father wished he was a boy. Raj's mutism. there are excuses for all of them if you want to look for them. As to the Shenny discussion i didn't write the episode, it seems to me though Lenny fans should be just as annoyed as Shamy fans. It seems you think Sheldon is a better catch than Penny? I'm not sure what all the fuss is about everyone knows what happens in the end.

Regarding syndication,and apologies if I have asked this before: do we think that that is why the showrunners have resisted serialisation in the past?

One thing that strikes me about this season and the past one is that the show seems to be slowly incorporating serialisation- by which I mean events in one episode depend on events in another. The paper is one example.

The show (I thought) used to prefer stories that would begin and complete in one episode, and I thought they did that so that they could air episodes out of order in syndication and you could still follow and laugh. Or is this just because in the UK when TBBT is in reruns they air episodes in seemingly random order? Does this happen in other countries?

My understanding, like yours, was that the writes and TPTB preferred self-contained episodes, not longer story arcs. To answer your question, in Cansda reruns are typically shown in order. Because reruns can be found on a variety of channels, you can often watch episodes from different seasons on the same night, but if I'm watching reruns on, say, CTV, and it's season 2 episode 4, the next night the same time rerun will be S2x05.

I actually wish they took this Thursday's episode a step further. I was thinking back to Season 1 when Leslie suggested skipping the date and going to the after date kiss with Leonard. After the Shenny 4 minute staring they should of went for the kiss. that would ultimately proven if they could fall in love or not.

I actually like your idea, because it could really put some closure to Shenny or let us know if the writers are thinking of going with more Shenny. Penny could kiss him, them run to the bathroom to throw up, end of Shenny. She could kiss him and enjoy it, the beginning of romantic Shenny, or, I hope not, something inbetween. At this point, I don't care, if the writers want Shenny, all I ask is that they put Leonard with someone who cares about him and stop torturing him, maybe put him with Alex or Alice. I could be funny to see all four of them watching TV, Alice in Leonard's lap, kissing him, and Penny trying to kiss Sheldon, while he tells her the relationship agreement forbids PDA.

Not to jump into the fray, but I have one tiny little comment.

Citing what "everyone" thinks is an illegitimate rhetorical strategy unless you've conducted a poll of "everyone"--however you're defining that group.  Otherwise the claim might be rephrased as "I think..." or "I believe you've made it clear that..."

• Like 2

I actually like your idea, because it could really put some closure to Shenny or let us know if the writers are thinking of going with more Shenny. Penny could kiss him, them run to the bathroom to throw up, end of Shenny. She could kiss him and enjoy it, the beginning of romantic Shenny, or, I hope not, something inbetween. At this point, I don't care, if the writers want Shenny, all I ask is that they put Leonard with someone who cares about him and stop torturing him, maybe put him with Alex or Alice. I could be funny to see all four of them watching TV, Alice in Leonard's lap, kissing him, and Penny trying to kiss Sheldon, while he tells her the relationship agreement forbids PDA.

Where the hell did that come from. Penny is too much of a sexual person to agree to some stupid RA, wait 4yrs for intimacy. penny will not stoop that low. If they ever get together it will the most boring relationship ever on TV. The reason they are good friends is because they can take the piss out of each other and nobody's feeling gets hurt. Put them together they will have to respect each other and the dynamics will change what will they talk about? will Sheldon be able to resist insulting her, will she be able to resist zoning out & rolling her eyes or her putting up with his insults and his tantrums. Not going to happen.

• Like 3

Well that just ruined my breakfast. 

I wasn't referring to you as bashing. It seems that I was.. Dena saw my post. maybe you haven't been on here long enough to know her dislike for Penny. if Sheldon hadOCD typically he would be on medicine or some king of therapy. What evidence do you have for that? Granted the writers probably don't want to get into that.We could use excuses for the others behavior. Howard had no Father. Leonard's mother was non supportive of him. Penny's father wished he was a boy. Raj's mutism. there are excuses for all of them if you want to look for them. As to the Shenny discussion i didn't write the episode, it seems to me though Lenny fans should be just as annoyed as Shamy fans. It seems you think Sheldon is a better catch than Penny? I'm not sure what all the fuss is about everyone knows what happens in the end.

I don't care for Penny. The reason why many people don't know that is because I don't feel the need to bash everything she says and does. 

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 3

They need to change Leonard's mantra of Penny just being beautiful, does she have other qualities he loves her for??

Who knows

It a know fact that leonard love penny for a lot of reasons, no one spend years chasing someone for only their beauty. He sees beyond that.