The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes - Season 8

I was just thinking the popcorn would be out soon.

Has anyone else noticed this site slowing down in the last 10 minutes?

1. Mysteryrose. That actually does help knowing how you feel about....well all the relationships. I too, love the "Peldon." Or the "platonic" Shenny. They really do remind me of the relationship I have with my little brother. And I swear the writers heard about my teenage humiliation and version of The Panty Piñata. My brother pissed me off, I pissed him off, one thing led to another and in the end, I woke up one morning to find my bras hanging in the tree in our front yard.

2. The girls....PAB. Or yeah, Pamydette!! Love that one!

3. For romantic pairings, let's put the guy's name first....

Shamy

Shenny

Lenny

Lamy

Bamy (Barry or Bert). Or do you want to do Kripmy? Since you ship this one Mysteryrose, which one should we go with, his first name (Barry) or his last name (Kripke)?

Then Friendship or platonic ones, the girls name first...

Peldon

Amnard (hehehe)

Paj

Amard

Bernaj

Ok, I'm having too much fun with this...I'll stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amy/Howard platonic pairing could be Award?

I approve of the rule you've suggested, and add RAmy and Aaj (which happens to be the Hindi word for 'Today'.)

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

I have decided that 'THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!' is my new cry for when an argument has been beaten to death.

• Like 3

This Raj-Amy thing is resurrected? Nope, not gonna happen (I hope)

On the subject of Mayim, dang it! She's really a vixen, even Kunal wished to have romantic scenes with her.

Where have you seen that? I'm curious :)

• Like 1

Where have you seen that? I'm curious  :)

^ yeah me too.  :scratchhead:

There was a quick fire interview with Kunal who said he wanted to most kiss Mayim

I was like, noooooooooooooooooo

ok now I have to find this interview! *goes on youtube*

Edited by EleQueen

Oh, thanks!!! I obviously wouldn't have found it on youtube. 

Now, I don't think that's even possible. Raj is fine with Emily, but even if there was no Emily, it would be bad for Raj's character to first have a crush on Penny, then Bernadette and now Amy. No! Definetely not!

There was a quick fire interview with Kunal who said he wanted to most kiss Mayim

I was like, noooooooooooooooooo

I think this is part of kunal's dream to make out with every tv girl he had a crush on as a child.

May be Kunnal said he wants to kiss Mayim, because Mayim posted she kissed Johnny in Blossom!

Have you seen that kiss? Cute!

• Like 1

Don't let Sheldon see it. If he did, we'd here. She is not for you. Not for you.

• Like 1

My personal take on this article:

Item 1 - Sheldon's character is funny because of how he's dealing with life situations and relationships. His IQ is so high, there wasn't much left for his EQ. Him being annoying didn't really left his character; I think in some ways it even became aggravated when Amy came into the show.

Item 2 - No. It gets sickening after the nth time. Almost 90% of shows on TV nowadays have on/off relationships. If I want to see an on/off relationship just to get interested in a show, I'm too "shallow" of a viewer to settle for relationship drama in TBBT. The catfight in on/off relationships in some reality TV shows is much more interesting than on/off relationships in TBBT.

Item 3 - I agree on this point.

Item 4 - I agree on this point and somehow I think this will be one of the driving forces of Season 9.

Item 5 - Uh.. what? Haven't you had enough of this gag in the early seasons of the show, with Howard and Koothrappali? Also, hello even Barney settled down with Robin.

Item 6 - Amy has grown individually.Relationship-wise, Amy has grown into someone sort of like how Sheldon needs Leonard, except on a romantic term and Sheldon just doesn't want to admit how much he needs Amy in his life.. yet.

Item 7 - Sheldon's "geek" factor remained, although in new perspectives. Being a "geek" is not all about being socially obtuse with fondness for what may be deemed "uncool" stuff. Being a "geek" includes dealing with life situations and relationships, even the simplest ones, awkwardly. Being a "geek" is dealing with a situation that can be easily resolved using common sense, but settling it instead theoretically, with dependency on written texts (books, etc).

Item 8 - Not really. The "geek factor" still outweighs the "sexual frustration" joke in Sheldon and Amy's relationship.

Item 9 - Too similar in what way now? If we're still on season 4, yeah why not. We're season 8 now. Sheldon and Amy's character are as different as day and night with being "geeks" the only common factor.I'm not going to judge character chemistry just because they're known as "name-AND-name".

Item 10 - Seriously, is it all about the sexual jokes?

Alcohol can assist in people doing stupid things sometimes.

Good Lord I get so beyond sick of this excuse. Penny was 100% single and blacked out to the point of memory loss when Raj happened, and that's still used as some sort of moral equivalency and a strike against her character. 

Edited by DaisyJane
  • Like 1

I think in this situation that's why Leonard gets a "pass". He doesn't have any hook ups at hotels, teenage pregnancy tests scares, sleeping with two brothers, or had his sex life on a blog.

No, but as far as the number of hook-ups we've seen on screen Leonard wins by a landslide. He hated over half a dozen people while he and Penny were broken up, while Penny only dated Zach. He's a giant offender of the "bro code", sleeping with his friends crush and another friends sister, whom he initially had a meaningless fling with years before. He then cheated on said friend's sister. He also slept with a seventy-year-old woman, and Bernadette's friend just because he was bored. Now we find out he kissed someone else on the trip.  I like him, but I fail to see how he can do all this and be seen as an alter boy while Penny is called nasty names by the mostly male posters.

Oh, wait, I understand now. Misogyny.   

Edited by DaisyJane
  • Like 3

No, but as far as the number of hook-ups we've seen on screen Leonard wins by a landslide. He hated over half a dozen people while he and Penny were broken up, while Penny only dated Zach. He's a giant offender of the "bro code", sleeping with his friends crush and another friends sister, whom he initially had a meaningless fling with years before. He then cheated on said friend's sister. He also slept with a seventy-year-old woman, and Bernadette's friend just because he was bored. Now we find out he kissed someone else on the trip.  I like him, but I fail to see how he can do all this and be seen as an alter boy while Penny is called nasty names by the mostly male posters.

This post just blew my mind. Well done. I enjoy Leonard too, but I think one flaw he has is that he is rather self righteous. Almost too self righteous for his track record.
  • Like 1

i think over the years they known each other Leonard has done s lot more things for Penny than the other way around. Even in the Holographic episode Penny said it was Leonard's job to make her happy and her job to let him. Leonard drew more sympathy when penny dumped him in season 3. He was the one that asked her out again season 5 even though she supposedly missed him when he was with Priya. I think his actions were forgiven because people were more interested in him being with or getting back together with Penny. That's why I think Lenny fans in general are upset over him kissing another woman. This Misogny I haven't seen in a while.

Good Lord I get so beyond sick of this excuse. Penny was 100% single and blacked out to the point of memory loss when Raj happened, and that's still used as some sort of moral equivalency and a strike against her character. 

Where did I say anything in relevance to Penny's night with Raj?

It's a good thing I'm speaking for myself when saying I didn't hold that against her since she didn't do anything morally wrong in my eyes.