The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes - Season 8

I am having a hard time getting the quote to work. But, did I see someone start to mention the Shenny as a romantic possibility? That is so old. I thought this debate had come and gone. I do not see Penny and Sheldon ever becoming an item romantically, it just does not fit. However, if the show ever does go down that path I will be done with the show.

As for the regular shenny scenes, I agree with stardust. They are getting old. Sheldon does need to figure out his relationship problems with Amy on his own. He does depend to much on Penny and Leonard. 

• Like 3

I am having a hard time getting the quote to work. But, did I see someone start to mention the Shenny as a romantic possibility? That is so old. I thought this debate had come and gone. I do not see Penny and Sheldon ever becoming an item romantically, it just does not fit. However, if the show ever does go down that path I will be done with the show.

As for the regular shenny scenes, I agree with stardust. They are getting old. Sheldon does need to figure out his relationship problems with Amy on his own. He does depend to much on Penny and Leonard. 

If this were a novel and we could hear his thoughts he could figure more out on his own. On TV he has to interact for the audience to know what is going on.

• Like 2

Like I said in other threads, it makes WAY MORE SENSE for Penny to console in Bernadette, since she DOES have experience in not knowing secrets that her significant other kept from her before getting married, and how she copped with that.

As far as who Sheldon would console in since he's never dealt with breakup before, how about someone close to him who CAN relate to when a girl that you love breaks up with you? ;)

I am having a hard time getting the quote to work. But, did I see someone start to mention the Shenny as a romantic possibility?

Oldnavy, what was pointed out was that the finale was very similar to the beginning of many Shenny fan fics. Amy realizes that Sheldon isn't ever going to want her physically and leaves him. Leonard does something stupid that gets Penny mad. Penny goes to Sheldon to talk to him. Sheldon and Penny realize love is right in front of them.

• Like 1

Oldnavy, what was pointed out was that the finale was very similar to the beginning of many Shenny fan fics. Amy realizes that Sheldon isn't ever going to want her physically and leaves him. Leonard does something stupid that gets Penny mad. Penny goes to Sheldon to talk to him. Sheldon and Penny realize love is right in front of them.

As painful as it is for me to say this, I can see now how this could play out as a Series Finale shocker if ShAmy and Lenny cannot get it together.

Sheldon does open up more to Penny about his fears and feelings than Amy. She is his confidant. Amy doesn't even know about Soft Kitty, as far as we know. He didn't sing it to her when she was sick.

Penny seems to undertand Sheldon's behavior and has no problem telling him the truth about the consequences of his actions. She is his brain mechanic so-to-speak.

Sheldon is becoming more aware of his physical needs.

Uh oh. I mean, ouch......

Sheldon was going to sing to her in fish guts, whether he did or not wasn't seen

You are correct. I forgot about that line.

I feel so much better now. It is just the more I read, the Shenny fans make very good points and I fear for the end of ShAmy.

Shamy are just having a "pause" they will end the "pause" after a couple of episodes in s9

The drama just for the season final was unnecessary really

• Like 2

As painful as it is for me to say this, I can see now how this could play out as a Series Finale shocker if ShAmy and Lenny cannot get it together.

Sheldon Cooper: "And I'm sure some poor fool in the Donner Party said, "The snow will stop any day now."  I'd like to think they ate him first." ;)

• Like 2

Frankly I think that Amy has a better chance of being with Penny then Sheldon.

So Sheldon is never going to want Amy physically, but he then is going to want to ravage Penny. I think Shenny are great at being friends, but to think of them as a couple is somewhat delusional.

• Like 3

Sheldon does open up more to Penny about his fears and feelings than Amy. She is his confidant. Amy doesn't even know about Soft Kitty, as far as we know. He didn't sing it to her when she was sick.

Penny seems to undertand Sheldon's behavior and has no problem telling him the truth about the consequences of his actions. She is his brain mechanic so-to-speak.

Sheldon is becoming more aware of his physical needs.

Uh oh. I mean, ouch......

Don't torture yourself  ;)  He had a "handle" on her "assets" already, and effect was none. I wouldn't be worried about those feelings suddenly awakening towards her. Plus as much as these writers have this "whenever mood strikes me" attitude sometimes, I doubt they would take  two  friendships and years of development and flush them down the toilet just for sake of shocking finale. 

• Like 4

So Sheldon is never going to want Amy physically, but he then is going to want to ravage Penny.

Firstly, I think Sheldon will eventually want Amy, physically. It'll probably need to be in a fit of anger (much like the train kiss) or a need to prove himself, but I think it would eventually happen.

As for ravaging Penny, I think it would be easier for him to be intimate with Penny than Amy, for two reasons.

Firstly, Penny is more willing to press him on the issue (IMO, Amy needs to take a more proactive stance, if she's going to get him into her pants), and secondly, there's less of a hugeness about sleeping with Penny, again for two reasons.

Reason one, he's not so emotionally involved with penny, so it's less of an emotional, and more a physical act.

Secondly, Penny's not a virgin, so she's not going to be devastated, if it's not a perfect, fairy-tale experience, whereas Amy might be.

To put it crudely, Amy would be someone for him to make love to, whereas Penny would someone for him to bang.

• Like 1

ah come on, this might be logical if the person we are talking here wasn't Sheldon. 

Sometimes you think about Shenny more than the Shenny shippers, don't torture yourself like that. I mean even they accept that shamy and lenny are endgame. If Sheldon and Penny will console each other or have a heart to heart conversation I'm pretty sure it will be very friendly and sibling-like, because that is what they are. But personally I would like to see other dinamics, like Sheldon&Bernadette have a deep conversation.

• Like 1

Firstly, I think Sheldon will eventually want Amy, physically. It'll probably need to be in a fit of anger (much like the train kiss) or a need to prove himself, but I think it would eventually happen.

As for ravaging Penny, I think it would be easier for him to be intimate with Penny than Amy, for two reasons.

Firstly, Penny is more willing to press him on the issue (IMO, Amy needs to take a more proactive stance, if she's going to get him into her pants), and secondly, there's less of a hugeness about sleeping with Penny, again for two reasons.

Reason one, he's not so emotionally involved with penny, so it's less of an emotional, and more a physical act.

Secondly, Penny's not a virgin, so she's not going to be devastated, if it's not a perfect, fairy-tale experience, whereas Amy might be.

To put it crudely, Amy would be someone for him to make love to, whereas Penny would someone for him to bang.

Why do you always go out your way to put penny down or go on about Amy on a penny thread. We get it your obsessed with Amy. Not everyone is. You don't see me going on the Amy thread and boasting about how hot and dazzling penny is, because she is.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Why do you always go out your way to put penny down or go on about Amy on a penny thread. We get it your obsessed with Amy. Not everyone is. You don't see me going on the Amy thread and boasting about how hot and dazzling penny is, because she is.

I thought this thread was about the episode in general, not isolated to a particular character.

I will agree that sometimes we get carried away with topics that belong somewhere else. In such cases, someone can take the intiative to move it over to the correct thread.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 1

[snip]

To put it crudely, Amy would be someone for [sheldon] to make love to, whereas Penny would someone for him to bang.

Um- okay, this may not be what you mean, but this really sounds like a dash of 'Madonna/Whore'. IF Sheldon were to have sex with Penny (and I sincerely hope not. It would ruin one of my favourite relationships on the show), I would hope that he would not merely 'bang' an old friend, who has shown him considerable care and affection. 

• Like 1

Why do you always go out your way to put penny down or go on about Amy on a penny thread.

I'm not putting anyone down, I'm simply stating facts.

It's a fact that Penny isn't a virgin (and I'm not judging her for it), whereas Amy is.

Therefore, the pressure on Sheldon to make it perfect, is going greater with Amy.

I'm not putting anyone down, I'm simply stating facts.

It's a fact that Penny isn't a virgin (and I'm not judging her for it), whereas Amy is.

Therefore, the pressure on Sheldon to make it perfect, is going greater with Amy.

And what makes you think that Penny would ever want to sleep with sheldon.

OR perhaps the pressure to perform perfectly would not be as great with someone without experience (don't believe I've actually commented on this...)

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 2

And what makes you think that Penny would ever want to sleep with sheldon.

I never suggested she would want to sleep with him,

I was simply addressing RudyG's comment.

Penny sleeping with Sheldon wasn't my suggestion, and I certainly wouldn't want to see it happen, for Penny, Sheldon and Amy's sakes.

OR perhaps the pressure to perform perfectly would not be as great with someone without experience

I'm not sure I'd agree with that.

A person's first time is going to be incredibly important to them.

If it's horrible, that's it, game over.

They can't have another first time.

Oh, wait, I understand now. Misogyny.   i

Paranoia much? I dslike Priya, Emily. not overly fond of Amy, must be a misogynist. BTW not a fan of Sheldon and Raj either, must be a label for that.

Paranoia much? I dslike Priya, Emily. not overly fond of Amy, must be a misogynist. BTW not a fan of Sheldon and Raj either, must be a label for that.

This has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote. Reread if you didn't catch my main point on double standards, it's very obvious. 

Edited by DaisyJane
  • Like 2

Now we find out he kissed someone else on the trip.  I like him, but I fail to see how he can do all this and be seen as an alter boy while Penny is called nasty names by the mostly male posters. 

Can the viewpoint that I have simply be, that I don't see him as a choir boy, or Penny's "prince charming"; first and foremost.  But that I see him as someone that while he's VERY INTELLIGENT; I think he still has A LOT TO LEARN about interacting with the world?  That includes but is not limited to him learning how to never again letting yourself get drunk to the point where a girl kissing you (while you're in a relationship) for a long span of time is possible.  And being upfront about what happened on that night immediately; not 2 years later.

Yes I feel Leonard screwed up, but the way people talk around here about this, it almost sounds like a main character in a sitcom being tempted or kissing another woman who is NOT their significant other is a foreign concept or something.

Yes Penny does have a promiscuous history, but so did some girls that I knew of in high school.  Once they found someone, their wild days for the most part came to an end.

Belittle all you like. The facts remain. Leonard at one point prostituted himself for funding (I think her name was Mrs Latham) and Sheldon had a hand in pimping him.

Can you imagine the uproar if Penny did that? What if she'd slept with a producer for a role in a film? What would that make her, a loveable scamp? In fact, in The Dead Hooker Juxtaposition, I do believe it was suggested that the girl upstairs was doing just that, or maybe she actually was bouncing on the bed, who knows?

Equality has come a long way but don't kid yourself we're there yet. Look at the disparity in the adult reaction to "tomboys" (aw, cute as a button) and little boys that like to dress up as Disney Princesses and play with Barbie (a good laugh at best, disgust at worst). After all, why on earth would a boy want to be a girl? Girl's have cooties don't you know. This behaviour is ingrained, open your eyes.

• Like 1

Belittle all you like. The facts remain. Leonard at one point prostituted himself for funding (I think her name was Mrs Latham) and Sheldon had a hand in pimping him.

Can you imagine the uproar if Penny did that? What if she'd slept with a producer for a role in a film? What would that make her, a loveable scamp? In fact, in The Dead Hooker Juxtaposition, I do believe it was suggested that the girl upstairs was doing just that, or maybe she actually was bouncing on the bed, who knows?

Equality has come a long way but don't kid yourself we're there yet. Look at the disparity in the adult reaction to "tomboys" (aw, cute as a button) and little boys that like to dress up as Disney Princesses and play with Barbie (a good laugh at best, disgust at worst). After all, why on earth would a boy want to be a girl? Girl's have cooties don't you know. This behaviour is ingrained, open your eyes.

Penny used her body many times on this show....and i must have missed this uproar all those times....

she uses her body in her job...it seems to be one the main reasons for her success.....she used to sent her photos with bra's to pay her rent............she said she has paid her meals by not using money..... again I must have missed all the uproar..... or is penny not loved by anyone right now..........

Edited by vasu
  • Like 2