The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FemaleNerd

Katee Sackhoff to appear in the 9th episode!

Just read the announcement on the main page of the site here. So she's appearing as herself and the episode might include some nudity.... LOL.... on CBS, where they can't even say dick without adding the "tator" :icon_cheesygrin:???

Any other fans of Battlestar Galactica in here?? I'm really excited about this news, I loved Sackhoff as Starbuck, well although in the end she became a bit freaky... but anyway, I'm really curious what she'll do in the episode and how the guys will react...

Lots of firends and collegues of mine are saying that I should really watch Battlestar Galactica: do you think it's worth it?

Lots of firends and collegues of mine are saying that I should really watch Battlestar Galactica: do you think it's worth it?

YES!

Well, I'd say it depends on what draws you into watching a show. BSG is very different from Star Trek, there are no aliens, just the interactions between humans and cylons (artifical robotic beings humans created). The basic story is what happens to this fleet of human ships stranded in space after their home world got destroyed. Will they find a new place to live, how will their society survive, what are the daily life problems they face being left alone in space, well and most of all - what do the cylons want, will they destroy all human beings?

I'm not a big fan of just space-battles, action, shootings and stuff. I watched the pilot and what got me hooked to the show was the main story line and its questions and most of all the characters. I just connected to the characters and was interested how they will develop and how things will go on.

I'd say if you're generally into space-science fiction stuff, if you like tension and if you like character-interactions then I'd give it a try and watch the pilot and maybe also the first episode (called "33").

Thank you for your suggestions: I think I'll give it a try! I am not that much into space opera, but if the characterization and plot are good, I might like it.

"space opera" LOL is that the term for a soap opera taken place in space? I really don't think that BSG would classify as that, the main plot is pure sci-fi, space, human race tries to survive and the sub plots are more about how they deal with daily life.

With "connecting to the characters" I just meant that I don't like action shows that are JUST action, shooting and battles and NO human inter-action :)

Relationships do happen and develop in BSG, but it's really just part of the daily life aspect and always just a side story. Because the show was made for cable, there's a bit of nudity and steamy tension as well but I never found that distracting from the main plot...

Where are the male fans in this forum?? Gimme some back up!

Anyway, if you give it a try, let me know what you think :)

Such news! Wow. I am a HUGE BSG fan and Starbuck has always been my absolute favourite, so I can't wait for this episode. Gosh, I could give away a kidney just to be part of the audience that day... -sniff, sniff-

See, I'm a BSG fan from way back when, and Starbuck was a guy when I watched it. I'm thinking I'd rather see Katee on the show than Dirk Benedict ...

Steve

"space opera" LOL is that the term for a soap opera taken place in space?

Oh no, I didn't mean it that way! :)

Space opera is just a way to say "science fiction set in space".

"space opera" LOL is that the term for a soap opera taken place in space?

Space opera was coined in the 30's to specify radio plays set in space. almost always science fiction stories, to seperate them from the soap opera which also hads it's origin on radio. Many would argue that teh concept of the space opera reached it's zenith with the release of the original Star Wars.

Are you sure you're a nerd? Or just another preppie with a pocket protector

sorry Mel clicked the wrong post my previous comment was in reference to Femalenerds original post. I'[m sure you are more than nerd enough for me :icon_cheesygrin:

sorry Mel clicked the wrong post my previous comment was in reference to Femalenerds original post. I'[m sure you are more than nerd enough for me :icon_cheesygrin:

Goos to know! I was starting to have an identity crisis! :icon_mrgreen:

Are you sure you're a nerd? Or just another preppie with a pocket protector

Well, I miss the smiley behind that question to indicate you're joking... but I'll just assume you did and thus reply-

I'm most of all not an English native speaker and hadn't heard the term "space opera".

Re: Melyanna - ah now I see. Well, as I said it's really hard to recommend something to someone who's taste you don't know. I liked BSG... :)

To those of you who wanna know more about the upcoming episode with Katee Sackhoff, here's an article, but beware it contains spoilers about the plot of the episode (I didn't know and just walked into it :( ...).

So don't click on the link if you don't wanna know who the episode will go!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2009-11-02-bigbang02_ST_N.htm

Edit: I fixed the link!

Well, the link doesn't seem to work for me, but I found my way around and all I can say, without spoiling it all, is WOW. :D

Well, the link doesn't seem to work for me, but I found my way around and all I can say, without spoiling it all, is WOW. :D

YES!!! WIN! :D :D