Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

Shamy Kiss Poll

Which shamy kiss do you prefer  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which shamy kiss do you prefer

• Locomotive
    • Indecision

Just interested to know which kiss us shamy fans prefer, its open to everybody to vote of course!

Also if you want to discuss which is the best one :)

Edited by rachelshamyfan

The first SIK without a doubt, the 2nd one felt creepy to me.

Amy did not respond at all during the 2nd one, during the 1st she responded not much either, but still some.

Also the way they worked up to the 2nd SIK, it felt more like he had to, not because he wanted to. The first SIK came all from his own wishes.

• Like 3

I preferred second because it wasent done under any false pretenses, although it didn't come from Sheldon's wishes, even though he didn't feel any need to kiss Amy he did for the sake of their relationship, he kissed Amy because she wanted it not because he wanted it, rare for Sheldon.

I think they made an amendment in the r/a otherwise why would Amy of brought it up!

I prefer the 1st one!

Also can anybody see the poll I made? I saw there were some votes but the poll itself has disappeared!

Edited by rachelshamyfan

I think they made an amendment in the r/a otherwise why would Amy of brought it up!

I prefer the 1st one!

Also can anybody see the poll I made? I saw there were some votes but the poll itself has disappeared!

No, I don't see the poll.

I thought the second kiss was little more than 2 people putting their faces against each other if you get my meaning. So I'm going with the first one. Spontaneous and with some feeling IMO.

• Like 2

1st hands down. That moment still takes my breath away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't pick between the first and second SIKs. The first was amazing because it was spontaneous and it was the first time we had seen Sheldon WANT to kiss someone else. The second, however, was equally good. It was longer, and he seemed so happy to do it, and I just LOVE how they were conversing during it.

• Like 3

I thought the first one was way hotter.  It was completely unexpected, and the look on both of their faces after the kiss was almost as good as the kiss itself.  The second one - Sheldon obviously had other things on his mind, as he was talking during it about gaming consoles or whatever.

• Like 3

SIK1, no doubt. Literally, I cried out! I didn't like the second one, except for the Sheldon' self-confidence grabbing her waist and the gaze between them before kissing. Seeing it in the episode, after the promo, I was disappointed. Sheldon looked like he wanted to deepen the kiss. Amy didn't respond to it. I don't know how it was written or if it was a acting choice. I pictured awkward and sexy, but when I watched, I tought they were doing a homework and in the meantime Sheldon was distracted. Maybe I had many expectations!

• Like 2

I think both kisses had merit (obviously, by looking at my user pic).  I preferred the one on the train because it was the first, it took me by surprise, and it was awesome how Sheldon got so into it.  That was a sexy kiss.  :)  The second one was nice though too, in part because like koops pointed out, it's an affirmation.  To me, it didn't seem at all like Sheldon was put out by having to kiss her again, nor did it seem like it was just for her.  I definitely agree that it was written into the relationship agreement (because HE liked it), and I think that his mind was so fixed on his video game dillemma, he just didn't think about it, so she reminded him.  It's clear to me that Sheldon is more than happy to kiss her and that he likes doing so. This is evident by his smile, his grabbing of her hips, and how long the kiss lasts.  He's comfortable with this.

As for Amy, I do think she kisses him back, it's just not a passionate kiss, and she keeps her hands to herself.  Her lips barely move, but I think it's just getting used to kissing him this way and also letting him take the lead for now.  I'm hoping that maybe when he comes back from his sabbatical, a reunion kiss will be much more fervent on her part.

• Like 4

I also think that second kiss is underrated. I was  happy that the first  kiss hasn't been swept  under rug and that they mentioned couple of times  and second was in more casual manner and   to show us that isn't forgоtten  .Also  I love that Sheldon was so  self- confident ,he didn't make any awful remark ,he didn't rejected Amy and he was happy to kiss her

Edited by alexaasweet
  • Like 1

For me it is the second kiss. It seemed a little more true to life for these characters. 

I don't want them to forget that neither Sheldon nor Amy knows what they are doing. And since Sheldon is so averse to contact, I hope they don't make it too Hollywood and traditionally romantic. Anyone who wants to hook up with Sheldon should expect a very awkward encounter! And that's how I hope it is portrayed. 

• Like 1

For me it is the second kiss. It seemed a little more true to life for these characters. 

I don't want them to forget that neither Sheldon nor Amy knows what they are doing. And since Sheldon is so averse to contact, I hope they don't make it too Hollywood and traditionally romantic. Anyone who wants to hook up with Sheldon should expect a very awkward encounter! And that's how I hope it is portrayed. 

But even Sheldon and Amy will learn from the kisses they had by now, so at some point it should look more normal and with more action from both.

• Like 2

But even Sheldon and Amy will learn from the kisses they had by now, so at some point it should look more normal and with more action from both.

Yeah, I think we are to assume there were at least 1 or 2 date night kisses off screen after the Locomotive ep. With the second SIK, it feels like Amy is too nervous to kiss him back or touch him at all. You see that a lot with her--after Sheldon comes back from Texas in the Christmas ep, she puts her hand up to touch him and then changes her mind. It breaks my heart a little. That's why I was sure it was leading up to a mutual kiss in the finale--still awkward, sure, but with more confidence on both sides.

But that first kiss--oh boy. I'd put it up there with the best TV kisses I've seen. It was so true to their characters, awkward, sweet, and sexy, too. Perfection.

• Like 3

It's extremely hard to decide (imagine how hard it would be if we had 10 SIKs :p)

I finally voted for the second one. Looks like I'm the minority LOL.

Edited by Jiab Pattira

Ohhh that's what I forgot to say! That the second one is special to me because THAT ONE completely blindsided me, not the first one. I did not see it coming at all. When Lio first messaged us in the morning going "I saw a Salt Lake City" I was sure she was either playing a prank or that they had shown Locomotive again or something because I was all "Surely they won't have a kiss again so soon and outside of sweeps!". Whereas the V-day one I think most saw it kind of coming: it was way overdue and we knew they had cut it last season, so that gave us a good hunch it was a possibility for this year's episode, and when we saw Mayim's tweets and photos we kind of guessed it was becoming a very real possibility so while I was over the moon that it became real, I also felt more like it was an "I KNEW IT!" moment than a total surprise. 

• Like 5

I prefer the locomotive kiss. I like the emotion they felt during and after the kiss.

I don't really like the 2nd kiss. I was happy because it showed they decided to add it to their daily, and they both enjoyed it, but I don't like the fact he speaks during the kiss. 

• Like 1

I think come middle-late season 8 we'll have a few (not many) more kisses to judge off on....and because they are both awkward in the department, it can only get better...

• Like 1

I do like SIK 2.0 for all the reasons already mentioned.  However, I picked the first SIK because the kiss was so amazing, especially considering who the characters are.  I just can't get over how sexy it was when he closed the gap between them and towered over her.  For me it ranks up there with Ross and Rachel's first kiss as far as best tv kisses go.

• Like 3

I liked locomotive because, well.....of all the reasons everyone else loves it. Just seeing Sheldon in such a passionate state still gives me butterflies every time. I do like the second, just not as much as the first. I know some people wonder about Amy's lack of response, but to me it takes me back to a line she says (I forget the episode right now), "I mean, I'm dating Sheldon Cooper!" in awe and disbelief, like if he were a famous rockstar everyone wanted. So, in my mind, when she is kissing him, I picture her thinking, "OMG, I can't believe I'm kissing Sheldon Cooper."

Edited by otakuandfangirl
  • Like 5

I cannot really choose. I love both and when I think about locomotive I say it's wonderful and the best and then I think about indecision and all the things I like about it and that it's probably the best and then I think about locomotive again and so and so on. Basically I just wanted to say what koops said. So I am not going to repeat it just that I love that Amy didn't respond to the second kiss and I hope it was for a reason.

• Like 1