The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lendacus

Remember Super Mario By Nintendo Of 90's :p

Mario 64, Mario Cart, and Super mario world. I think its more fun to insert that gray cartridge into the console than insert a disc into a PS3. I miss the different colored Yoshis, green the regular one, Blue the one that fly, Red the one that breathes fire, Yellow that stomps. and all those exclamation boxes. I don't think there will ever be a game that will beat how good Super Mario games are. Mario 64 has a giant castle in the middle of nowhere that has magic paintings that teleports you into a different world, and every time mario wears a different colored hat, he gets super powers. Hat with wings = he can fly......

• Like 1

Yeah mario with green and blue, yellow, red Yoshi !!

Occasionally, I still played at super nintendo.

And an episode of Big Bang Theory reminded me LucasArts games I had for computer :

I reacted almost like him. :D

Unfortunately, my childhood had long passed by the time Mario 64 released. I was a kid of the Atari 2600 generation... Honestly, I wasn't even a "kid" then, I was on the brink of moving out of my parents house. I was close to 30-years old when that generation of consoles was beginning. That said, I am still a gamer, but have never been much of a Nintendo fan. As far as Mario goes, I preferred Sonic & Crash.

Unfortunately, my childhood had long passed by the time Mario 64 released. I was a kid of the Atari 2600 generation... Honestly, I wasn't even a "kid" then, I was on the brink of moving out of my parents house. I was close to 30-years old when that generation of consoles was beginning. That said, I am still a gamer, but have never been much of a Nintendo fan. As far as Mario goes, I preferred Sonic & Crash.

Then I assume you would know how the first game ever "Pong" was played. Also Pacman, Tetris. And the infamous up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-a-b-a-b-select-start =). Not to forget one of my favorite Battle City. and of course, hitting the side of the tube TV when the picture starts to get fuzzy. And blowing the cartridge when it gets dirty, hahaha. 

I think you'll have a blast when you find that video where kids today react when they were handed a gameboy....  heres a link

I still own a fully functioning NES with Super Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3. I've played all the Mario console games from the originals up to the Wii ones, but my huge Nintendo love all goes to Zelda. One of the best videogame series every made, if you ask me!

I still own a fully functioning NES with Super Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3. I've played all the Mario console games from the originals up to the Wii ones, but my huge Nintendo love all goes to Zelda. One of the best videogame series every made, if you ask me!

I think my kids' fave part of visiting my aunt is the fact she has a functioning NES and several vintage games.

My younger boy, who was 8 at the time, dressed as Link (from Zelda) this past Halloween.

• Like 1

Yep, original NES owner here too. Still works. Still occasionally gets played. My phone's ringtone is the Super Mario Bros theme tune, and I can play several of the background music tunes from SMB1 and 3 on the piano. Hmm, I should probably be slightly embarrassed to admit all this. Mario is the best thing ever!

You kids and your fancy 8-bit gaming systems! My first system was the Atari 2600 and I've still got my Colecovision sitting in a drawer.

• Like 1

You kids and your fancy 8-bit gaming systems! My first system was the Atari 2600 and I've still got my Colecovision sitting in a drawer.

Oh, you aren't the only one here who played Pong in the mid-to-late 70s. :)

• Like 1

Just to name a couple of arcade games that never made it in to home would be MR. DO, MR.Do's CASTLE (which I was lucky enough to own), and my all time favorite of all time CRAZY CLIMBER !

Just to name a couple of arcade games that never made it in to home would be MR. DO, MR.Do's CASTLE (which I was lucky enough to own), and my all time favorite of all time CRAZY CLIMBER !

Mr. Do was on Colecovision, and maybe Mr. Do's Castle as well. I'm pretty sure the first one is in the drawer with my system.

Mr. Do was on Colecovision, and maybe Mr. Do's Castle as well. I'm pretty sure the first one is in the drawer with my system.

Ahh.. If I only had had known !

I just got through checking ebay and found Crazy Climber too ! (go figure)

Edited by walnutcowboy