The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Season Eight To Premiere On 22 September.

The double header has me super excited! Maybe the episodes will be linked...that would give them so much more room to explore a good plot

• Like 1

It could mirror last year.  The first half hour would be small views of what Sheldon's been up to, with how Penny and Leonard have done without him there (insert your own B and C plot here).  The second half hour deals with Sheldon's return (again, insert your own B and C plots).

• Like 3

Do you think we'll get that many new episodes in a row--7 new episodes before they take a break?  I was wondering if there would be a week in there with no new episode..

Oh, and I think that 3rd October date should be the 20th, not the 23rd, which is a Thursday.

Do you think we'll get that many new episodes in a row--7 new episodes before they take a break?  I was wondering if there would be a week in there with no new episode..

Oh, and I think that 3rd October date should be the 20th, not the 23rd, which is a Thursday.

It's an interesting question.  IF they run straight through until Thanksgiving, they could have one broadcast in December (they did it in season five), and have 12 episodes done through the first of the year.   They will not be able to do what they've done the last two years, as the new year started on the 3rd two years ago and on the 2nd, last year.   This year, the first falls on a Thursday, so the first episode will be a week later,  They could skip one week in there, but there are 10 days between the episode on the 20th and the one on the 30th.  We're really going to have to wait to see what they will do.  

Thanks for catching that date, I've corrected it.

It could mirror last year.  The first half hour would be small views of what Sheldon's been up to, with how Penny and Leonard have done without him there (insert your own B and C plot here).  The second half hour deals with Sheldon's return (again, insert your own B and C plots).

OR maybe it'll be like S5 where the two eps have little to nothing to do with each other. 

OR maybe it'll be like S5 where the two eps have little to nothing to do with each other. 

Yeah, but the situation for the premiere this year is much more like the beginning of last year, than it is the beginning of season five.  I could also see one episode about the interaction between Sheldon and Lenny on his return, and one on him and Amy on his return.  And technically, the first eight episodes of season five were linked to the end of season four.  True, some more than others, but still linked. 

What does back to back mean ? Will it be two different episode like season 6 premiere or to be continiued episode ?

iPhone 'den Tapatalk aracılığı ile gönderildi

What does back to back mean ? Will it be two different episode like season 6 premiere or to be continiued episode ?

We don't really know.  It could be one continuous episode, just airing in two different time slots.  However, as they are aware of syndication, I would think they would have two separate episodes, but the main plots were connected.  Last year it was Leonard gone and returning.  Season six, it was different main episodes with Howard in space from season five as the connection.  In season five, it was two separate main plot episodes wtih the carryover of Priya leaving (The Penny-Raj cliffhanger was taken care of in one episode).  In season four, the first two episodes aired on different dates, and the episodes weren't connected to each other.  However, they did have a kind of connection with the first date for Sheldon and Amy, from their meeting at the end of season three.   In season three, the episodes were on different dates and there was the connection between Leonard and Penny getting together, but their sex not being good, which also had a connection to Penny's comment at the end of season two.  Season two's first two episodes weren't connected, but the first did resolve Leonard and Penny's first date.  

• Like 1

It means two episodes in one night--one right after the other.  It could be two directly connected episodes or two stand-alone episodes, but in dealing with Sheldon's return, it's likely to be two closely connected episodes, like with Leonard's return.

• Like 1

Countdown begins!!!  I marked it in my calendar.  Mondays will never be the same (for 6 weeks)

It means two episodes in one night--one right after the other.  It could be two directly connected episodes or two stand-alone episodes, but in dealing with Sheldon's return, it's likely to be two closely connected episodes, like with Leonard's return.

Your explanation is much more succinct, I like it. 

It said in the official CBS press release about the Season 8 premiere something about the word ''Scorpion'' in all capital letters connected to The Big Bang Theory Season 8 premiere... It looked like that was the name of the Season 8 premiere episode...Hmm.. I wonder what that means... Let's speculate... Haha.

Edited by cassidyeden

It said in the official CBS press release about the Season 8 premiere something about the word ''Scorpion'' in all capital letters connected to The Big Bang Theory Season 8 premiere... It looked like that was the name of the Season 8 premiere episode...Hmm.. I wonder what that means... Let's speculate... Haha.

Scorpion is the new series that will be premiering after TBBT two episode Premiere.   On the 29th of September, Mom will run after TBBT,  starting  at 8:30, thus becoming the lead in to Scorpion.  

Scorpion is the new series that will be premiering after TBBT two episode Premiere.   On the 29th of September, Mom will run after TBBT,  starting  at 8:30, thus becoming the lead in to Scorpion.  

Oh ok. Nevermind. Haha. Silly me. 

That's great May-June 2015 for us in here in NZ haha, fortunately you can watch online.

Edited by 3ku11

Since it's two episodes will they be taping the same night or two different nights?

• Like 1

September cannot get here fast enough...... lol........ after discovering and binge watching the entire series (so far) ..... over two months last fall.. I've spoiled myself and have NO patience...... 

Since it's two episodes will they be taping the same night or two different nights?

Two different nights.

That's what I thought.  The question is should I try to get tickets for the beginning of the season or the middle.  I read somewhere the middle might be better.

I'll be going to 2 tapings in early september. I wish I could get to the premier but august is a bitch for me.

Can't wait to see my LA girlies!

Ohh! 1,000 posts!

Edited by kazzie
  • Like 2