Comic Con 2014

stardustmelody

10:00–11:00 a.m. — The Big Bang Theory (Mondays 8/7c CBS, season premiere September 22; Thursdays 8/7c CBS beginning October 30): Back by popular demand! The Big Bang Theory writers are back in San Diego and ready to share secrets behind TV’s #1 comedy. Ballroom 20

Popular demand my ass...

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/07/comic-con-2014-warner-bros-full-show.html

Edited by bigbangsheldon

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballroom 20 is fairly large, so I think there's hope that there could be some surprise appearances, especially since they've done it already before.

Also, I remember the final Lost panel, where no actors were scheduled, and then they kept surprising us with more and more of the cast. It would be epic if they did that with BBT.

Ballroom 20 is fairly large, so I think there's hope that there could be some surprise appearances, especially since they've done it already before.

Also, I remember the final Lost panel, where no actors were scheduled, and then they kept surprising us with more and more of the cast. It would be epic if they did that with BBT.

This is my hope.  I really hope that they are just trying to not set expectations and then pull a surprise like last year they did with Johnny.  Melissa moderated and that was announced ahead of time, but Johnny was a surprise cast show.  I was really hoping for Jim/Mayim this year, with perhaps Simon moderating because he would be hilarious.

Edited by stardustmelody

That's called "spin".  The top paragraph, before the article, is kind of misleading--"the producers and stars of...", meaning you'll get some stars from some shows and only producers from other shows... :icon_rolleyes:

This is my hope.  I really hope that they are just trying to not set expectations and then pull a surprise like last year they did with Johnny.  Melissa moderated and that was announced ahead of time, but Johnny was a surprise cast show.  I was really hoping for Jim/Mayim this year, with perhaps Simon moderating because he would be hilarious.

Yeah, but that kind of sucks, anyway.  It's kind of like dangling bait without a promise of it coming to fruition.  "Hey, someone might show up, so come, even though you don't really want to come to a writer's panel."

I don't know I can understand if they wanted time to themselves (the cast) and do their own thing. Besides they might have things planned during comic con. But I understand the disappointment of the cast not being there. I miss the rapport they have. Not sure how to feel with them not there. :/

I don't know I can understand if they wanted time to themselves (the cast) and do their own thing. Besides they might have things planned during comic con. But I understand the disappointment of the cast not being there. I miss the rapport they have. Not sure how to feel with them not there. :/

I think it's way more fun to hear from the cast about behind the scenes things, what they think about their character's development over the past season, etc., than just hearing from the writers.

While the writers can reveal a certain amount of insight into the story arcs, if people ask the right questions, it's way more fun to see the cast interacting as themselves.

They have 3 months off. They can show up to one event for one day in that time. They never had this problem for 5 years. I just think it's silly.

They have 3 months off. They can show up to one event for one day in that time. They never had this problem for 5 years. I just think it's silly.

Exactly. And Johnny and Melissa showed up last year, Simon and Kunal are going to Edmonton CC, indicating they don't seem to mind this type of event. I don't understand why they can't spare one day to go to the biggest con in the world, when they're #1 show on television. If it is truly the case that the cast is refusing to go, it's a huge snub, IMO. Especially because they stopped going the year the show started breaking records, it's like saying "we're too good for this, we don't need to go anymore".  

I would frankly find a panel of fanfic writers more compelling.

Edited by koops

Exactly. And Johnny and Melissa showed up last year, Simon and Kunal are going to Edmonton CC, indicating they don't seem to mind this type of event. I don't understand why they can't spare one day to go to the biggest con in the world, when they're #1 show on television. If it is truly the case that the cast is refusing to go, it's a huge snub, IMO. Especially because they stopped going the year the show started breaking records, it's like saying "we're too good for this, we don't need to go anymore".  

Well, we don't know why they didn't go--I mean, obviously Johnny went and Melissa participated, so I don't think it's a matter of snubbing the fans.

I think it depends on who it is who makes the decision and what it's based on--money? scheduling? something else?  Jim has been talking like he has stuff going on, when he talks about "trying" to get to Wimbledon, or "trying" to get to the US Open, or whatever, as if he has stuff scheduled--I was kind of hoping that some of that schedule stuff he seemed to imply meant Comic Con, but I guess not.

SUCKAGE!!

Well, we don't know why they didn't go--I mean, obviously Johnny went and Melissa participated, so I don't think it's a matter of snubbing the fans.

I think it depends on who it is who makes the decision and what it's based on--money? scheduling? something else?  Jim has been talking like he has stuff going on, when he talks about "trying" to get to Wimbledon, or "trying" to get to the US Open, or whatever, as if he has stuff scheduled--I was kind of hoping that some of that schedule stuff he seemed to imply meant Comic Con, but I guess not.

SUCKAGE!!

Like I said, I don't get the impression that this cast is so big headed that they would snub Comic Con. They might not enjoy these type of events, but I'm sure if they were told to go, they would. I just meant that if that is the case it would be a huge snub. I don't know who decides either, but I was under the impression that all of the cast was pretty free this summer, maybe with the exception of only Simon with his film. If Jim had had any other project we would have heard about it by now. I also struggle to believe this show doesn't have the money to get the cast to Comic Con... again, being #1 show and all.

Like I said, I don't get the impression that this cast is so big headed that they would snub Comic Con. They might not enjoy these type of events, but I'm sure if they were told to go, they would. I just meant that if that is the case it would be a huge snub. I don't know who decides either, but I was under the impression that all of the cast was pretty free this summer, maybe with the exception of only Simon with his film. If Jim had had any other project we would have heard about it by now. I also struggle to believe this show doesn't have the money to get the cast to Comic Con... again, being #1 show and all.

Yeah--I mean who pays for them to attend? WB?  They've got to have the $$.  What's the problem?

And you know, even when Jim was doing Harvey, he still appeared via Skype.

The show has plenty of money they can afford to have the cast go.  They afforded it when they had far less viewers for five years, so there is no way money is the issue.   Johnny is the only one that is potentially filming during the time CC is held, but we don't even know if he will be done with filming by then or not.   But none of the others have any projects going on this summer to prevent them from attending.   Sure they all have been busy here and there, but overall none of them have commitments that would prevent them from arranging so they could be at CC.  The dates for CC have been known for over 10 months so they had plenty of time to plan accordingly.

It isn't the cast that is snubbing or refusing to attend.  They seem willing to go and participate and actually enjoy it.   It is coming from the decision makers and given that for the first five seasons there was never an issue having full cast attend with the only change in S6 forward is the showrunner...you can do the math.

At any rate, I think it does leave a bad message and makes it come across like the show thinks they are too good to give fans what they want.  

What they don't realize is that sure we want a bit of a "scoop" at these things, but we love to watch the cast interact and talk about BTS moments, etc.  That gets lost when it is just the writers.   We don't get near the fun out of the panel.   I think it is a huge disappointment and am only hoping they are going to surprise fans and pull off a big win here with surprise cast.

The show has plenty of money they can afford to have the cast go.  They afforded it when they had far less viewers for five years, so there is no way money is the issue.   Johnny is the only one that is potentially filming during the time CC is held, but we don't even know if he will be done with filming by then or not.   But none of the others have any projects going on this summer to prevent them from attending.   Sure they all have been busy here and there, but overall none of them have commitments that would prevent them from arranging so they could be at CC.  The dates for CC have been known for over 10 months so they had plenty of time to plan accordingly.

It isn't the cast that is snubbing or refusing to attend.  They seem willing to go and participate and actually enjoy it.   It is coming from the decision makers and given that for the first five seasons there was never an issue having full cast attend with the only change in S6 forward is the showrunner...you can do the math.

At any rate, I think it does leave a bad message and makes it come across like the show thinks they are too good to give fans what they want.  

What they don't realize is that sure we want a bit of a "scoop" at these things, but we love to watch the cast interact and talk about BTS moments, etc.  That gets lost when it is just the writers.   We don't get near the fun out of the panel.   I think it is a huge disappointment and am only hoping they are going to surprise fans and pull off a big win here with surprise cast.

Are you trying to blame Steve Molaro?

I would frankly find a panel of fanfic writers more compelling.

Thanks for the tip! I live a few hours from Edmonton. Looking into tickets...

Don't the writers know there is basically no one who wants to to hear them? They either avoid the question or try to justify. It's boring. The whole point of CC is to see the cast and how adorable they are. This is upsetting

Bill Prady on Twitter:

Bill Prady ‏@billprady  4m

Warner Bros. Comic Con 2014 schedule... http://tvline.com/2014/07/02/comic-con-2014-schedule-tv-show-panels-dates/ 

It will be interesting to see how people react....and if Bill comments?

I hope no one says anything ugly directly to him. I mean, we can gripe all we want here or privately, but you know some a$$ is going to say something rude to him.

I don't think it would be wrong to say that we wish the stars were going to be there, as long as no one says something like, "this sucks!" to his face.

If Johnny is starting his shoot July 11, he very well may be tied up.   Typically it takes around 24 days for a film to shoot and he is the lead. According to the director he will be in nearly every frame of the film so that means he will have a demanding schedule.   It would be great if he could show up to CC, but not sure it will be doable if he has that kind of a schedule.  The good news though is we will get a movie that he is starring in and has a big role in.  Looking forward to that.  Plus I do like Angelica Houston.

I just think the cast has probably known for a while they weren't going to go. These are not things that are decided last minute. It's just disappointing because every other franchise has the cast there, and... you know, those are actors too and they still manage to go even though I'm sure some of them have other commitments as well. It's only one day after all. And it's not like they haven't worked things out in the past with Skype etc.

As for who decides, it seems to be a WB day, so maybe WB called the shots? I don't know, but it continues to baffle me how this is tv #1 show and apparently whoever is in charge seems to believe they don't need photoshoots, they don't need to go to panels, they don't need to do anything. Granted, they don't seem to need any more promotion, given the ratings, but still...

I just think the cast has probably known for a while they weren't going to go. These are not things that are decided last minute. It's just disappointing because every other franchise has the cast there, and... you know, those are actors too and they still manage to go even though I'm sure some of them have other commitments as well. It's only one day after all. And it's not like they haven't worked things out in the past with Skype etc.

As for who decides, it seems to be a WB day, so maybe WB called the shots? I don't know, but it continues to baffle me how this is tv #1 show and apparently whoever is in charge seems to believe they don't need photoshoots, they don't need to go to panels, they don't need to do anything. Granted, they don't seem to need any more promotion, given the ratings, but still...

Ratings are because the show is good, but promoting your show is something you always have to continue to do, no matter how long of a run it has.   I don't know who decided it but the decision makers clearly don't see the fan POV.   For some reason they believe that fans want to know the writers more than the cast.   I have no idea where they got that impression.   The thing is, the writers can tell amusing stories about what went into writing an epsiode and can craftily word things where you may feel you are being "spoiled" only to walk away and think about what they said and realize they didn't tell you anything.   But they don't tell us anything about the cast interactions really and we love to watch the cast interacting with each other and telling BTS stories, etc.  Those are more fun than just about any of the other stuff.   I am sure it will still be a decent panel and it will still be better than not going at all, but it really does look bad that they are not having cast when other shows continue to provide their cast to the audience.   Top rated or not, it still is something you do to show appreciation to your fan base.