Does Tbs Cut Footage From Their Reruns?

bbtheorist

I just started watching TBBT on TBS recently and I love the show.  Yesterday I was excited to see that TBS has started airing episodes from Season 1.

But after I watched the "Pilot" episode, I read a script for that episode and there was apparently a scene at a sperm bank at the beginning of the episode.  TBS did not show this scene.  Then I went to tbs.com and they let you watch some of TBBT episodes if you log in to your ISP, so I did that and watched the "Pilot" again, and their online version is also missing the sperm bank scene.

Fortunately I found the sperm bank scene on Youtube, but this makes me wonder if I'm going to miss anything else as I watch the episodes on TBS.  Does anyone know if TBS has cut out anything else in the reruns that they show?

All of the TBS episodes have something snipped out of them, to make room for the additional ads.

The best way to watch full episodes is if you can find them on CBS's website (I'm not sure if they have everything) or to buy them--either on DVD or through iTunes or whatever.

The 9pm 'watershed' in the UK prevents TV channels from showing anything explicit, so some of the conversations on TBBT are deemed unacceptable and so have to be cut. I have no issue with this, but sometimes, as Rachel says, the conversations make no sense at all, so they are better off just cutting the whole scene or not showing the episode before 9pm.

• Like 2

E4+1 is a channel which simply repeats exactly what E4 has shown, but one hour later. E4 can not change scenes or change the programmes shown on E4+1 because then the content would differ from E4's and then it would be a different channel entirely.

E4 should just not bother with cutting words out of episodes of TBBT and just show the explicit ones after 9pm. Problem solved.

• Like 1

E4+1 is a channel which simply repeats exactly what E4 has shown, but one hour later. E4 can not change scenes or change the programmes shown on E4+1 because then the content would differ from E4's and then it would be a different channel entirely.

E4 should just not bother with cutting words out of episodes of TBBT and just show the explicit ones after 9pm. Problem solved.

They should, but then they would lose a percentage of their audience, due to quite a few teenagers constituting of the UK audience. It would also require a reshuffle in the T.V program which is change. Big companies don't like change.

• Like 1

E4 cut everything, even stuff that's not bad at all, it's bloody enoying, as it's been already said, some of the scenes don't make sense when somethings been cut, they're even worse on Rules of Engagement :(

I just started watching TBBT on TBS recently and I love the show.  Yesterday I was excited to see that TBS has started airing episodes from Season 1.

But after I watched the "Pilot" episode, I read a script for that episode and there was apparently a scene at a sperm bank at the beginning of the episode.  TBS did not show this scene.  Then I went to tbs.com and they let you watch some of TBBT episodes if you log in to your ISP, so I did that and watched the "Pilot" again, and their online version is also missing the sperm bank scene.

Fortunately I found the sperm bank scene on Youtube, but this makes me wonder if I'm going to miss anything else as I watch the episodes on TBS.  Does anyone know if TBS has cut out anything else in the reruns that they show?

According to the shows wiki, the sperm bank is not shown in syndication because it contradicts the asexual Sheldon established in later episodes.

According to the shows wiki, the sperm bank is not shown in syndication because it contradicts the asexual Sheldon established in later episodes.

In Australia on Foxtel pay TV, they always show it but Foxtel is very open and cuts nothing from shows( just throws up the warning and parental lock recommendation!). It also treats the pilot as very much the first episode of series 1 rather than the pilot episode of the show when it does its reruns of entire seasons. I like that.

The Wiki says it is "Likely" not shown, rather than the "not shown". There is also that reason that it was just a carryover from the first pilot and isn't really needed for the plot. Because of this, it can be cut to fill out more commercial time. There is also the case that it is the local stations that generally cut it.

Using that reasoning, they should have cut out the scene where Sheldon flirts with Penny in that episode, as that is more of an indication of sexual attraction.  After all, just because someone is asexual, it doesn't mean they refuse to masterbate.  Our local station cuts out Sheldon's "Subtlety isn't her strong suit" after Penny slams her door shut after seeing Leonard and Sheldon in "The Skank Reflex Analysis".

• 6 months later...

Yes, they cut out Sheldon's "We spent the day masturbating for money." joke after the sperm bank scene.

I was upset about that too. I have them on my DVR and was going back to episode 1 with a friend to show that joke specifically only to find out it wasn't there,

along with the entire beginning of the episode.