The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CentralPerk

What Music/bands/singers/songs Do You Like ?

Maybe I'm wrong, I have not see a music thread here.

It might be interesting to share our musical tastes, especially since we come from different countries so maybe we can discover little-known bands/singers or discover we like same bands/singers whatever our origin.

So, let's go :

1. What kind of music do you like ? (rap, rock, jazz, pop, hip hop, ...)

2. Your favorite bands/singers ?

And we can add others questions and suggestions

My apologize, I found this topic with the research : 

I have a very eclectic taste in music, and like almost everything from Rock to Jazz to Blues to Classical to Tribal Drums. Seriously, there's not much that I don't like or appreciate on some level. Some of my absolute favorites are...

Pearl Jam

Garbage

Frank Sinatra

Jimi Hendrix

Talking Heads

Men at Work

Kiss

U2

Pink Floyd

Hugh Laurie

Chris Botti

Bob Marley

Guns-N-Roses

Motley Crue

Vanessa Mae

Sarah Brightman

Dave Matthews Band

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Sonny Rollins

Dean Martin

Venus Hum

Adele

BB King

White Stripes

The Police

Arrested Development

Billy Joel

Kirsty MacColl

Clarence Clemons

Norah Jones

Led Zeppelin

REO Speedwagon

Spyro Gyra

Brian Setzer Orchestra

Jim Croce

Robert Cray

Ry Cooder

Santana

Rodrigo y Gabriela

Prince

The Motels

Lady Gaga

Pretenders

The Flaming Lips

I could go on & on & on...

• Like 1

I know this is an old thread but thought it an interesting topic. I am a huge Bruce Springsteen fan and have been since the mid 70's. Have became sort of a country fan as I've grown older and enjoy Brad Paisley.

My top 5 would be

Jimmy Buffet

Moody Blues

Joe South

Gordon. Lightfoot

Cream

My musical tastes are also very eclectic. I listen to anything from classical to classic rock, country, rap, and I've recently gotten into Renaissance Lute music (specifically Andrei Krylov.) 

Some of my favorites: 

The Eagles (The very first concert I ever went to was an Eagles concert!) 

Aerosmith

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Bon Jovi

Ludacris

ZZ Top

Alicia Keys 

Sugarland

The Band Perry

Garth Brooks

I tend to lean a bit more urban with a few oddballs in the group:

Michael Jackson

Usher

Pharrell

n.e.r.d

Bruno Mars

Alicia Keys

M.i.A

Jamiroquai

Mika

Our Lady Peace (canadian)

Blue Rodeo (canadian)

Outkast

Piano - classical/jazz

• Like 1

Rebump haha. Their is the guy called Adam Lambert, who is most known for being a celeb. But he really needs respect more for his music. His new album The Original High Pop Album of the year so far for me. A better Sam Smith lol. But here are my music tastes

Lorde

Ellie Golding

Ed Sherran

Evermore

Paramore

Green Day

Simple Plan

U2

Adam Lambert

Katy Perry

Queen

Carly Rae Jepsen

Sia

Demi Lovato

• Like 2

I agree, Adam Lambert has a great voice.  When he was on Glee, he blew everyone out of the water I thought.

Edited by nibbler747

I like a mixture of rock and pop music, mostly from the 80's, but even some earlier bands too. Currently my #1 band is Bon Jovi, but among some of the others I regularly listen to are Status Quo, Meatloaf, Bee Gees,Robbie Williams, Abba and Madonna.

Basic rule of thumb though, if it's from the 1980's and rock, I'll probably like it.

I like a lot of different styles in music (Classic, Electro, Jazz, R&B, Rock….).
Some examples: Burial, Tool, FKA twigs, Frank Zappa, Rimsky-Korsakov, The Who, Moloko (Roisin Murphy), Marc Almond, Mary J. Blige, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Flying Lotus, Miles Davis, The Smiths (Morrissey), Gang Starr, Sonic Youth, Led Zeppelin, Stravinsky, Warpaint, Arcade Fire, The Thermals, LTJ Bukem, Talking Heads, Kanye West, The Gun Club, Esperanza Spalding, Prince, ok I’m done now…

:shy:

• Like 1

I like a lot of different styles in music too. Rock, Electro, Pop, Classic , whatever suits my mood. Guns n' Roses, Depeche Mode, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Metallica, Faith No More, Led Zeppelin, Soudgarden, Blur, Radiohead and I should stop , hehe.

11 minutes ago, ShelledInCoopedUp said:

I guess I'm partial to Guns N' Roses

Love Guns! I have booked my ticket for June 2 nd 2017 concert in Passeio Marítimo Alges , Lisboa :wub:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

For contemplative holidays a little contemporary imagination:

Happy Holidays to all music lovers around here. :xmascouple:

• Like 2

I have a bit of an eclectic taste in music shaped probably by the music I heard when I was a child and growing up. Motown stuff (Marvin Gaye especially who my mother was a huge fan of) Abba, Madonna, Tears for Fears, ABC, Genesis when Phil Collins was the lead singer, Eurythmics, Fleetwood Mac etc.

As a teenager I was into a lot of Trance and House, in terms of albums I probably have more Faithless albums than any other band. Also liked Orbital, Underworld, Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy, Daft Punk.

I will listen to all sorts of music depending on the mood.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I will listen to all sorts of music depending on the mood.

That's what music lovers do. :shy:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, veejay said:

That's what music lovers do. :shy:

Indeed ! :)

And as I am on Christmas mode, two of my favourite ...

Have a great time, everyone! See you monday! :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

Watched Bronson last night (weird film, but watched it because Tom Hardy is usually great in most things he does).

Anyway there is a scene in there when the Psychiatric inmates are dancing to the Pet Shop Boys 'It's a sin'. Couldn't get the song out of my head and have been listening to a lot of their stuff today. I already know most of their classics but didn't realize they made so many albums.

• Like 1

One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands (The first CD I ever bought was a Queen album).

• Like 2

Artists I like and listen too.

Lorde

Adam Lambert

Queen

My Chemical Romance

Evanessence

Tori Kelly

Katy Perry

Kesha

Green Day

9 hours ago, Jonny said:

Watched Bronson last night (weird film, but watched it because Tom Hardy is usually great in most things he does).

Anyway there is a scene in there when the Psychiatric inmates are dancing to the Pet Shop Boys 'It's a sin'. Couldn't get the song out of my head and have been listening to a lot of their stuff today. I already know most of their classics but didn't realize they made so many albums.

Tom Hardy is a such talented actor  and agree about "Bronson", weird is a nice word to it, lol. It was one of weirdest experiment I have ever had in my films to watch list.

Pet Shop Boys were a brilliant band. It is funny that when I saw this week tbbt episode prewiew vid, I could not get out of my head, lol! 

1 hour ago, luminous said:

One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands (The first CD I ever bought was a Queen album).

Queen...I love it so much! Freddie was one of best singers ever, I have all albuns. Too bad I could not have them in my "Music bands I have seen in a live concert list" because Freddie was gone too soon. But their music is often in my life as  Music listener lover. :)

Edited by spidergirl