The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CentralPerk

What Music/bands/singers/songs Do You Like ?

Queen still goes too, with Adam Lambert haha. He does a pretty decent job to be fair. But their was only one Freddie. 

31 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Queen still goes too, with Adam Lambert haha. He does a pretty decent job to be fair. But their was only one Freddie. 

I know but I don't like Lambert, sorry .  TBH the only band whose singer died and I could enjoy the new singer was AC/DC, when Brian Johnson replaced Bon Scott. Although Scott 's voice was much better than Johnson's.

I admire Janelle Monáe since I discovered this video and since then I've also got all of her albums. She is not only a gifted singer, composer and producer, but also a wonderful actress (ask Jim Parsons :shy:).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I know but I don't like Lambert, sorry .  TBH the only band whose singer died and I could enjoy the new singer was AC/DC, when Brian Johnson replaced Bon Scott. Although Scott 's voice was much better than Johnson's.

Well okay. A lot say Lambert has the best voice since Freddie. And he really finds a great balance. I've seen him live with Queen. Abs I think he's as good as Freddie. And he's a really nice guy too. But that's jmo

33 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Well okay. A lot say Lambert has the best voice since Freddie. And he really finds a great balance. I've seen him live with Queen. Abs I think he's as good as Freddie. And he's a really nice guy too. But that's jmo

I think he is a nice guy too. I just dont enjoy him much singing Queen's songs. Jmo , nothing aganst the guy :)

In no particular order:

Robbie Williams: Been a fan of his since the early 90's. He does the best live show on earth. There aren't many solo artists who can make 135,000 people show up for a gig. Can't wait to see him in Germany again this summer.

Whitney Houston: Favorite singer of all time. Her voice - when she was at her best - was unbelievable.

R.I.P. legend.

I love many more artists and bands and listen to almost everything, but those two stand out for me.

• Like 1

Zep, The Who, The Beatles, BTO, Queen, Journey, Styx, AC/DC, Warrant, Poison, The Guess Who, Skid Row, GnR, Steppenwolf, CCR....too big a list, really. Mostly 70's and 80's rock with some sixties stuff thrown in. Prefer up-tempo rock especially while working.

Edited by gsxdoug
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Just watched Drive again for the first time and ages and the band Chromatics did a lot of the soundtrack. Been getting into some of their music, like I said I have a fairly eclectic taste lol:

Edited by Jonny

My main jam are Muse.. Ive been a fan of them since 2004! Ive seen them 22 times live and more to come.. lmao.

Other bands I like are:

Bring Me The Horizon, Royal Blood, Paramore, New Found Glory, My Chemical Romance, Greenday, Foo Fighters, Manic Street Preachers, Queen, Blink 182, Evanescence, Sum 41, Avril, NIN, Papa Roach, Billy Talent, Rammstein and System of a Down...

So yeh Im quite a rock chick essentially.. Muse are the band that gave me motivation start playing music.

I like a lot of other music as well.. Such a Trance, Dance, Musical, film/game soundtracks.. Im quite open really

For trance lovers and a song from my youth. Sad to learn that Robert Miles passed away today, his trance classic 'Children' was no.1 in 12 countries in 1995. Was a famous huge club anthem back in the 90's.

Edited by Jonny

Chris Cornell was one of my favourite rock singers since my high school time. He belonged to the grunge music bands from Seattle that got much sucess in 90's. His most known band was "Soundgarden". He passed away last wednesday at 52. May he rest in peace...

Sharing one of my favourites songs from Chris project "Audioslave".

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

I have owned Rumours for years but finally bought Tango in the Night by Fleetwood Mac. Amazing album, Rumours is still their magnum opus but I love Tango. Lindsey Buckingham really is a genius.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I have owned Rumours for years but finally bought Tango in the Night by Fleetwood Mac. Amazing album, Rumours is still their magnum opus but I love Tango. Lindsey Buckingham really is a genius.

Yep, I agree. The songwriting talent of Lindsey Buckingham is amazing. "Tango In The Night" was my first Fleetwood Mac album. Bought it in 1992. Of course I own "Rumours" too. A must-have for every serious music collection in my humble opinion, and one of the albums in my personal collection I listen to quite frequently. BTW, there's a new album out by Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody: when he hits a certain note, I cry. I also cry with Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You. Both are beautiful songs.

• Like 1

Just got back from seeing Sir Elton John live. So glad I bought that ticket. What a legend. The things he does with a piano are unreal. And his voice is still amazing. He also sang "Don't let the sun go down on me" and dedicated it to the late George Michael. Very emotional.

• Like 2

I have seen Elton John live last here and it was one of best live concerts I have ever seen. He does magic with that piano. 

• Like 1

On 28/06/2017 at 9:18 AM, spidergirl said:

I have seen Elton John live last here and it was one of best live concerts I have ever seen. He does magic with that piano. 

He really does.

Saw Mr. Robbie Williams in concert again on Wednesday and what can I say... he still makes 50,000 people go wild, no problem. Born entertainer.

I was a big fan of Pat Benatar and Billy Joel back in the stone ages! :D

Watched American Idol the first couple of years and became a fan of Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken. Kelly has new music coming out soon and unfortunately, Clay hasn't recorded in years.

I prefer rock and metal but won't say no to pop either. Some of the bands I like are the Doors, Metallica, Scorpions, U2, Whitesnake, Wasp, Wintersun (the almost alphabetical order is accidental).

As for solo artists, Bjork, Peaches, Amy Winehouse, Tove Lo, Alice Cooper, George Michael, Christina Aguilera.

***Please ignore the links! I can't remove them and don't know why they're there.

Edited by Judith
  • Like 2

I'm a big fan of Glen Campbell with Wichita Lineman being one of my favourite songs of his. I was lucky enough to see him in concert in London some years ago....he was amazing. A great performer who's talent will be greatly missed.