Information For Attending A Taping

Thank you Tensor! I have SO much to learn!

I have another question (surprise) should I be logging on to this forum via Tapatalk or the web? I was only abel to edit my profile on the web version and it looks like Tapatalk changed their design, I keep getting lost in it!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was told today that my Christmas present is to be allowed to come to a taping. My kids and wife will be chipping in to help defray the cost. I still have to come up with the rest, so it may not be

Outside the studio!

Just crawling out of hiding to let y'all know that I have secured tickets to the 8.01 taping. Anyone else going? Here are some helpful tips and information for getting tickets: Where to get ticket

Posted Images

Only because Christmas. Usually I go at nine, and most people turn up by eleven. Just today we wanted to be sure we get in for Christmas. :)

If you had a confirmed ticket, something other than standby, when would you normally show up? When do they let you in?

They tend to start separating the line and giving out numbers between 3:30 and 4pm. Then they number you, stamp you, and let you in around 5. I'll pay attention to the exact times today. Anyone guaranteed can basically show up before five and be fine. After that, you may have a chance but they may have given your seat to a standby by then.

Edited by MichyGeary

Hi guys, me and husband are eating at Big Boy, coming there for 3.30, tickets guaranteed (no stand by). Will that be fine to get in? We come from Italy!!! We are in honeymoon and we will have t-shirts with a Star Wars quote on them :)

If you have guaranteed tickets, 3:30 should be good.  Have fun!!

Hi guys, me and husband are eating at Big Boy, coming there for 3.30, tickets guaranteed (no stand by). Will that be fine to get in? We come from Italy!!! We are in honeymoon and we will have t-shirts with a Star Wars quote on them :)

That's more than fine or guaranteed. :D Congratulations, by the way! There's a whole bunch of us hanging out at the front of the queue if you wanna say hi. :D

• Like 4

I had an amazing time!! Huge thanks to MichyGeary, Kazzie and Tomasina in particular, as well as a couple of others whose screen names I didn't get, for being so nice and welcoming.

The taping was enormous fun, and I got pulled out by Mark the warm up guy and ended up giving the audience a few tips on the Lancashire accent while the cast reworked the first scene. Great fun and an unforgettable experience!

I'll provide a more detailed account later on, but I need to catch a train to San Francisco first.

Thanks again to everyone!

There's wifi on the train........................  :)

Just to give you guys an idea of how things vary week to week and what to expect, here are some stats for a few of the tapings I've been to. 

Oct. 21 - The Misinterpretation Agitation (with special guest)

10:00am: Five people in line. 

11:15am: Ten people in line.

1:10pm: Thirty-seven people in line.

3:10pm: Line was separated and moved into garage.

3:40pm: Standby line was given numbers.

Nov. 11 - The Champagne Reflection (with special guest)

3:30pm: Line was separated and moved into garage.

4:00pm: Standby line was given numbers.

4:30pm: First group of audience members let in.

Nov. 18 - The Clean Room Infiltration (holiday episode)

10:20am: Sixteen people in line.

3:30pm: Line was separated and moved into garage.

4:00pm: Standby line was given numbers.

4:40pm: First group of VIP and guaranteed let in.

5:00pm: First group of standby let in.

44 VIP, 55 guaranteed ticket holders in attendance.

• Like 9

When you see all the guaranteed going in does it make you a little nervous wondering if you will get in?

It depends on how many there are. :laugh: Prom had about a hundred and fifty guaranteeds and somewhere near seventy-five VIP so that obviously made me doubt my chances, given that the studio seats 240. The last two weeks I've been lucky to be close to the front of the standby line, so I kept a count on the guaranteeds and VIPs so I knew how full the studio was and thus how much space they still had for how many standbys. I don't worry much if I'm closer to the front, but the farther back in the line you are, the higher the anticipation. It's helpful that they give everyone numbers so you know exactly what your odds are.

• Like 6

I'm planning to be in US for double celebration- 50th Birthday and 25 Wedding anniversary and am planning it around the final few tapings of Season 10. How hard is it to get guaranteeds? ( long way in the future of course) I lined up at Wimbledon in 07 so I don't mind trying my luck with standby ( especially with forum company ) but not sure about the missus - she's not good at roughing it!

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 1

I would also like to thank MichyGeary for the post on audience stats. As I related in my first post, my wife and I are coming from Spokane, WA for the December 9 taping, holding standby tickets.  We plan on doing the WB  tour Monday afternoon and lining up as early  as possible on Tuesday morning.  We will be prepared to stand in line all day.  I realize cell phones and cameras are not allowed but is there anyone you can check them in with before you enter...assuming we get in! (Not sure if we can go a whole day without!!)

• Like 3

It depends on how many there are. :laugh: Prom had about a hundred and fifty guaranteeds and somewhere near seventy-five VIP so that obviously made me doubt my chances, given that the studio seats 240. The last two weeks I've been lucky to be close to the front of the standby line, so I kept a count on the guaranteeds and VIPs so I knew how full the studio was and thus how much space they still had for how many standbys. I don't worry much if I'm closer to the front, but the farther back in the line you are, the higher the anticipation. It's helpful that they give everyone numbers so you know exactly what your odds are.

Reading your observations, I couldn't help but think of Raj in "The 21 Second Excitation" speculating on their odds of getting into the theater to see "Raiders." I informed you thusly !

• Like 4

I'm planning to be in US for double celebration- 50th Birthday and 25 Wedding anniversary and am planning it around the final few tapings of Season 10. How hard is it to get guaranteeds? ( long way in the future of course) I lined up at Wimbledon in 07 so I don't mind trying my luck with standby ( especially with forum company ) but not sure about the missus - she's not good at roughing it!

The best thing that I can recommend is to do a few trial runs before you attempt to get your actual tickets. You can try it this season, but I would suggest a couple of weeks before the tickets for the taping that you want to attend go up, get yourself on the website on a different BBT ticket day, and try to get yourself a ticket, just to familiarize yourself with the process. It definitely took me a few weeks before I really got it down, so it's a good idea to do a practice run. But you'll definitely want to pick a day that is doing Big Bang Theory tickets, because no other shows' tickets have quite the same demand.

What I would recommend specifically for your situation is to get your wife's ticket first, so that way if you can only acquire one guaranteed, she won't have to wait in line all day. Worst case scenario, you would get her guaranteed and yourself a standby. You would be separated in the line, but she would be able to come sit with you once you get inside. I see a lot of couples do that.

However you go about it, good luck! :D

I would also like to thank MichyGeary for the post on audience stats. As I related in my first post, my wife and I are coming from Spokane, WA for the December 9 taping, holding standby tickets. We plan on doing the WB tour Monday afternoon and lining up as early as possible on Tuesday morning. We will be prepared to stand in line all day. I realize cell phones and cameras are not allowed but is there anyone you can check them in with before you enter...assuming we get in! (Not sure if we can go a whole day without!!)

They don't like to advertise it, but yes, you can give your phone or camera or other electronics to security at the studio entrance with your ID and they will hold it until after the show.

• Like 3

I also want to suggest, for anyone who is in line all day, the last few times I've been with a group, we've ordered take out for delivery right to the line. You can use an app like GrubHub on your smart phone to find local restaurants that will deliver to your area (use 4301 W. Olive Ave. for the delivery address). We've ordered from Soo-Ra Thai-American Chic and they've been very good to us. :) We ordered for eight people one time and got the food in under 40 minutes! Very helpful when you're in line over several meals of the day. :laugh:

And if you drive, you can of course drop your phones off in your cars in the garage before going into the taping. The AU staff will let you know when is a good time to do that (once the line has been split, ask someone to hold your place and you can run it back to your car). That way you can have your phone while in line but don't have to worry about checking it at the studio (which slows loading time).

• Like 2