Information For Attending A Taping

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was told today that my Christmas present is to be allowed to come to a taping. My kids and wife will be chipping in to help defray the cost. I still have to come up with the rest, so it may not be

Outside the studio!

Just crawling out of hiding to let y'all know that I have secured tickets to the 8.01 taping. Anyone else going? Here are some helpful tips and information for getting tickets: Where to get ticket

Posted Images

So, when I get out there next month, would it take a lot of time to do just a tiny bit of sight-seeing? I'm still debating about whether to rent a car, and I'm flying in kind of late Monday night and leaving around noon Wednesday, I think.

Would be impractical for me to something like go see the Walk of Fame (especially if Jim's star has been installed by then) or some other interesting landmark?

I've been to LA a few times long ago, but not recently and not when I had my own agenda.

Any suggestions?

You have time for one or two small scale things! Maybe walk of fame Monday night when you get in. If you're guaranteed, you might be able to do something in the am before the taping like a WB tour.

Guest StoicPhilosopher

So, when I get out there next month, would it take a lot of time to do just a tiny bit of sight-seeing? I'm still debating about whether to rent a car, and I'm flying in kind of late Monday night and leaving around noon Wednesday, I think.

Would be impractical for me to something like go see the Walk of Fame (especially if Jim's star has been installed by then) or some other interesting landmark?

I've been to LA a few times long ago, but not recently and not when I had my own agenda.

Any suggestions?

LOTS. Make sure to stop by the many museums LA has to offer. The Simon Wiesenthal Holocaust Museum (WARNING: Very sad and will make you want to cry), The Getty Museum, Staples Center (catch a hockey game!), Dodgers & Angels Stadiums, of course, Disneyland, Lego land (In San Diego, for kids 12 & under), Sea World, Universal Studios, etc...

Just some sugestions

LOTS. Make sure to stop by the many museums LA has to offer. The Simon Wiesenthal Holocaust Museum (WARNING: Very sad and will make you want to cry), The Getty Museum, Staples Center (catch a hockey game!), Dodgers & Angels Stadiums, of course, Disneyland, Lego land (In San Diego, for kids 12 & under), Sea World, Universal Studios, etc...

Just some sugestions

I'm not sure a lot of these things can be done before noon on Wednesday...

• Like 1

Guest StoicPhilosopher

Yeah, if I had unlimited funds and time off of work... :p

Dunno, just figured you had already done some stuff, like disneyland, just trying to help. Sorry about that; didn't realize that you were that short on time. 

• Like 1

Dunno, just figured you had already done some stuff, like disneyland, just trying to help. Sorry about that; didn't realize that you were that short on time.

Well, there was this in her post asking for suggestions:

...I'm flying in kind of late Monday night and leaving around noon Wednesday, I think...

. Withe taping Tuesday(and the waiting in line that entails), she will be real short of time.

Hey everyone, I'm from San Diego.  IF we meet and we (me and my girlfriend) like you, we can host ONE individual in our house.  You'd have to get the return trip from San Diego airport instead of LA. And we can do a TBBT marathon while you're here.  We are on season 7. 

So what is the procedure to get tickets?  We go to the Audience Unlimited site but TBBT is not available.  Do we have to get tickets at midnight on February 23rd?  Thanks. 

- From someone who has never done this before

Go to the beginning of this thread for info.

Michy has posted a lot of information about getting tickets, but basically, tickets are released at 8:30am (or possibly earlier) on the Monday about 30 days before a taping.

Tickets for the 3/24 taping will be released on Monday, 2/23 (which I'm counting on Michy for!)  There are several people who can advise or possibly help you in trying to get tickets.

• Like 1

I don't live in LA or anything, but I'm pretty sure that there won't be any road blocks up for the Oscars until Sunday. And even then, the Oscars is taped in Hollywood and Highland, at the Dolby Theater, which isn't anywhere close to the WB studios (which are in Burbank). You and your Mom should be fine. :)

• Like 2

Michy (or anyone who knows) will the road blocks for the Oscars affect our trip to Warner Bros for Wed 2/18 BBT taping? I'm taking CA 210 West To CA 134 West. THANKS!

You're fine! There's only two blocks of Hollywood Boulevard shut down for the Oscars, between Orange and Highland, which you won't have to go near if you arrive in Burbank by the 134. :)

Hey everyone, I'm from San Diego.  IF we meet and we (me and my girlfriend) like you, we can host ONE individual in our house.  You'd have to get the return trip from San Diego airport instead of LA. And we can do a TBBT marathon while you're here.  We are on season 7. 

So what is the procedure to get tickets?  We go to the Audience Unlimited site but TBBT is not available.  Do we have to get tickets at midnight on February 23rd?  Thanks. 

- From someone who has never done this before

The site has been down for a few days, which they do sometimes for some unknown reason. The next date for tickets should be next Monday, the 23rd, at 8:30am PST for the March 24 taping. The site should be up by then. (We hope!)

Checked my flight info and I get in at 8:20 Monday night and fly out at 12:50 Tuesday afternoon, which means I have to be at the airport around 11am.

I might be able to do something Monday night, if there's anything to do at that hour. I'll check it out, I guess.

Checked my flight info and I get in at 8:20 Monday night and fly out at 12:50 Tuesday afternoon, which means I have to be at the airport around 11am.

I might be able to do something Monday night, if there's anything to do at that hour. I'll check it out, I guess.

LA likes to start shutting down around 9pm, but there's still things about the city you can enjoy. It'll be dark to go to the Walk of Fame, but fewer people to trip over. There's also some nice LA restaurants you could hit up for dinner.

• Like 1

LA likes to start shutting down around 9pm, but there's still things about the city you can enjoy. It'll be dark to go to the Walk of Fame, but fewer people to trip over. There's also some nice LA restaurants you could hit up for dinner.

That's one thing I was thinking of. I might still be able to see a few of the stars on the Walk of Fame--even take a picture with a flash. And finding a good place to eat could be a nice splurge.

Today one thing I'm thinking about is that there won't be any fricking SNOW or ICE out there like there is here, and it certainly won't be 25 degrees...

• Like 2