The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rockon45

Modern Family

I like this Show in the First two or three seasons but it has gone downhill since. I watch the first couple  Episodes of this season and now it just annoying. They have way over hype on the Gay thing and hae gone a bit over board with that and mot characters are just pure Stereotypes now 

It also has became way to cheesy for my taste. 

I like this Show in the First two or three seasons but it has gone downhill since. I watch the first couple  Episodes of this season and now it just annoying. They have way over hype on the Gay thing and hae gone a bit over board with that and mot characters are just pure Stereotypes now 

It also has became way to cheesy for my taste. 

Meh yeah I liked the show first three seasons, always had a thing for Sarah Hyland :p. Yeah the whole gay thing has been way over hyped, maybe why its more culturally relevant then Big Bang. But Big Bang has its own unique style, so it wont be changing for no one. 

I thought the first two seasons of Modern Family were hysterical, it has slipped a little since then, but is still much better than most sitcoms on today, and it is my 2nd favorite comedy after TBBT.

Edited by luke
  • Like 2

I thought the first two seasons of Modern Family were hysterical, it has slipped a little since then, but is still much better than most sitcoms on today, and it is my 2nd favorite comedy after TBBT.

I agree, it has slipped slightly, although that I would say that seasons 3 and 4 of Modern Family were also hilarious- I think it only started to deteriorate around Season 5. Season 6 starts in the UK tomorrow- I will watch it and hope that it is a return to form for what is still one of the best sitcoms on TV.

Meh yeah I liked the show first three seasons, always had a thing for Sarah Hyland :p.

Me too, but not so much for her looks (though she is cute) or for her role as Haley Dunphy.  I became a big fan of hers, based on her Law and Order SVU performance 6 years ago.

Where she played a sleep deprived, adderall addicted, child prodigy.  One who killed her roommate out of jealousy, and that she hadn't slept in a week.  The performance there is one that would be hard to pull off even for the most skilled thespian, love the look in her characters eyes where she's looking like "the lights are on, but nobody's home."

It's one of those scenes where I WISH I could've seen how she prepared for such a scene, and how she approached it. Between reading the script to shooting it.  Her performance was that good IMO.

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 1

Me too, but not so much for her looks (though she is cute) or for her role as Haley Dunphy.  I became a big fan of hers, based on her Law and Order SVU performance 6 years ago.

Where she played a sleep deprived, adderall addicted, child prodigy.  One who killed her roommate out of jealousy, and that she hadn't slept in a week.  The performance there is one that would be hard to pull off even for the most skilled thespian, love the look in her characters eyes where she's looking like "the lights are on, but nobody's home."

It's one of those scenes where I WISH I could've seen how she prepared for such a scene, and how she approached it. Between reading the script to shooting it.  Her performance was that good IMO.

Just wanted to say that I agree, she was amazing in that role. The final scene where she confesses is so well acted.

• Like 1

From Deadline Hollywood

‘Modern Family’ Gets 2-Year Renewal By ABC, Closes New Deals With Core Cast

Following The Big Bang Theory‘s two-year renewal at CBS, the other big broadcast comedy series, Modern Family, also just scored a two-season pickup at ABC. Simultaneously, producing studio 20th Century Fox TV has closed new two-year deals with the main sextet of actors on the show, Ed O’Neill, Julie Bowen, Ty Burrell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet and Sofia Vergara. I hear they landed significant salary increases, from around $350,000 an episode for the current eighth season to about $500,000 an episode for Season 9 (they also have plus a little piece of the series’ back end). I hear the studio will next negotiate new contracts with the series’ younger cast.

“Modern Family has been the centerpiece of our comedy brand for 8 seasons and we are thrilled to have it on our schedule for two more years,” said Channing Dungey, President, ABC Entertainment. “Steve and Chris have created such endearing characters, and the cast is second-to-none.”

<more in the link>

• Like 3

I'm loving Joe this season! Their writing for him is great and that little one is really talented.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bfm said:

I'm loving Joe this season! Their writing for him is great and that little one is really talented.

I agree! Joe's really coming into his own this season. I think every episode has been great, but last night's was really funny! I loved the kickball game with Pepper and Ronaldo. haha

Edited by Kev0821
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

I agree! Joe's really coming into his own this season. I think every episode has been great, but last night's was really funny! I loved the kickball game with Pepper and Ronaldo. haha

I wouldn't say every one was great but they were good, some better than others. I liked Haley without her phone in the previous one haha kind of matches their description of her as a loving child before she became a teenager. And Claire jumping to the water alone every time in the season opener! Every time she climbed back all cold and panting was hilarious!

Edited by bfm

Haley's new romance with that Caltech physicist really reminds me of Lenny... I mean, come on, she goes on a first date with him and is threatened by his intelligence and accomplishments? I'm really surprised they are doing such a blatant imitation.

7 hours ago, bfm said:

Haley's new romance with that Caltech physicist really reminds me of Lenny... I mean, come on, she goes on a first date with him and is threatened by his intelligence and accomplishments? I'm really surprised they are doing such a blatant imitation.

Last night was a series low for Modern Family, with a 1.3 demo.  It brought in less than five million viewers.

4 hours ago, Tensor said:

Last night was a series low for Modern Family, with a 1.3 demo.  It brought in less than five million viewers.

I generally liked the show but copying TBBT really disappointed me so I kind of feel they deserve it...

MF has declined alot the past few seasons. I was never a huge fan. Always felt it was slightly overrated. But its a solid show about modern family. Deserves its success. But yeah I Thought they were imitating Leonard and Penny some what. 

From Deadline Hollywood

‘Modern Family’: ABC In Talks For Season 11 Of Comedy Series 

Nine seasons in, Modern Family remains a tentpole and a great launch pad for ABC. Additionally, besides the short-lived Roseanne revival, it’s been the network’s highest-rated half-hour series for years.

So, it’s not a surprise that, despite comments by co-creators Steve Levitan and Christopher Lloyd that they were looking to wrap the series with its upcoming 10th season, the network is eying an 11th.

“We have had some conversations with 20th, (the studio that produces Modern Family). There are conversations ongoing,” ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey told Deadline at TCA. “I think that there is a sense that we all would like to do one more season if we can find a way for a deal that makes sense. This current season is the last season that we have the cast, so if we are to do another season there are more deals to be made and we are trying to work through all that.”

I hear the Modern Family cast has been approached by the producers with an inquiry whether they would be open to another season but there have been no formal talks.

The five-time best comedy series Emmy winner Modern Family is produced by 20th Century Fox TV, which soon will become part of Disney and a corporate sibling to ABC. The series has a lucrative off-network deal, so it would be beneficial for corporate parent Disney to get another season.

The news of a potential 11th season of Modern Family comes on the heels of CBS revealing that the network is in preliminary discussion with Warner Bros. TV about an extra season of The Big Bang Theory. That is not surprising as it’s getting harder and harder for the networks to launch new comedy hits, so they would love to keep series that, in year 10-12 are still among the top programs on broadcast TV, for as long as they can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1