The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
totabcn

Finding Specific Fics - Shamy

You know that fic you've read a bunch of times but like a long time ago? And you can remember parts from it but not specifically enough to google it? Hopefully someone can help you out in this thread.

I was hoping you guys could help me find two fics that I'm dying to read again.

The first one is a one shot (I'm pretty sure) where Meemaw dies and Amy finds this necklace that belonged to her and gives it to Sheldon. He is in awe and he kisses her.

The second is a multichapter (I'm pretty sure) where Sheldon and the guys are making costumes for Comic con and he hurts his right hand and can't shave so he decides to go as Wolverine. Then the beard gets unbearable and he asks Amy to shave him since she's the most qualified cause she cuts brains on a daily basis and has the steadiest hands.

They're both cute as heck :)

Edited by totabcn

You know that fic you've read a bunch of times but like a long time ago? And you can remember parts from it but not specifically enough to google it? Hopefully someone can help you out in this thread.

The first one is a one shot (I'm pretty sure) where Meemaw dies and Amy finds this necklace that belonged to her and gives it to Sheldon. He is in awe and he kisses her.

The second is a multichapter (I'm pretty sure) where Sheldon and the guys are making costumes for Comic con and he hurts his right hand and can't shave so he decides to go as Wolverine. Then the beard gets unbearable and he asks Amy to shave him since she's the most qualified cause she cuts brains on a daily basis and has the steadiest hands.

There are actually Shamy stories I haven't read!!!!

• Like 1

I think the wolverine/shaving/comic-con one is The Paradigm Shift Observations.

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/9362005/1/

Edited by Blue Bernie
  • Like 1

Could it be The Neurotransmitter Derivation by XMarisolX? There isn't a necklace, but Sheldon has Amy read the last letter his Meemaw sent him, and then he kisses her. It's very similar.

Anything by XMarisolX is worth the read, though. She's amazing.

Could it be The Neurotransmitter Derivation by XMarisolX? There isn't a necklace, but Sheldon has Amy read the last letter his Meemaw sent him, and then he kisses her. It's very similar.

Anything by XMarisolX is worth the read, though. She's amazing.

Urgh she's so good I love everything she writes! But sadly no, I was actually rereading Neurotransmitter and it reminded me of the one I'm looking for lol they are very similar!

I want to read more Shamy as parents fanfics. I am a sucker for reading about them having kids because I know it will more than likely never happen on the show. Do you know of any good ones that you can share? Thank you. :)

I want to read more Shamy as parents fanfics. I am a sucker for reading about them having kids because I know it will more than likely never happen on the show. Do you know of any good ones that you can share? Thank you. :)

The Connubial Catalyst by xmarisolx - I can't even begin this fic. Sheldon/Amy are their adorable twins (5-6 y/o in this fic) are the main focus, but there's a LOT of other interweaving plotlines throughout the whole thing and every couple (Lenny, Howardette) has their own child-centric arc. 

The Fowler-Cooper Chronicles by xmarisolx - An extension of Connubial Catalyst. Focuses more on the children than the parents, but still super adorable and fun to read. Also, Shamy as an old married couple  :icon_cry:

The Pint Sized Prodigy Perplexity by genki-escapist - They aren't really "parents" in this one, but it's a cute AU.

The Raw Apple Condition by genki-escapist - Another pair of twin Shamy babies (why do they always have twins in fanfic? lol). 

The Progeny Parenting Anxiety by SergeantFuzzyBoots - Personally my favorite  :shy: their daughter Marie (hmmm, wonder who she was named after?) is hilarious. She IS their child, no doubt. (It's mostly a Lenny fic though. I have to skip/skim chapters in order to find the Shamy. L/P, H/B and Raj/Lucy's plots are interesting too, I'm just impatient.) 

NerdForestGirl.tumblr writes minifics about every Shamy scenario under the sun. This one about Shamy showing their daughter old FWF episodes gave me major feels. There are a lot more in her masterlist under "Children."

That's all I can think of right now...wow, I need to get a life... 

• Like 1

Thank you. These are exactly what I have been looking for. I read a long story by xmarisolx that I absolutely loved. The apple story one was good. I had read it before, but I enjoyed reading it again. Also I love NerdForestGirl's mini Shamy fanfics. The one about the FWF was so good. I've actually made it my own personal future headcannon. It is beyond adorable. :)

Whats going on? This week in the shamy tag there are two stories where Sheldon is dying!

One has been confirmed as a shenny story so really should not have Amys name there!

Whats going on? This week in the shamy tag there are two stories where Sheldon is dying!

One has been confirmed as a shenny story so really should not have Amys name there!

I started reading that one. Amy blames herself for a car accident that Sheldon and Penny are involved in. I had to stop reading after realizing that the writer was probably going to kill them both off before the end.

A weird Shenny on top of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am hoping to re read a story that is probably 2 or more years old. I don't remember the whole plotline, but I remember there was a scene where Amy's apartment got broken into. Sheldon came and saw her in the aftermath and comforted her. Sorry I don't really have much else to go on. I think I will recognize the title, but I couldn't find anything on fanfiction.net under angst and hurt/comfort tags. I would appreciate anyone who might be able to help me find it and if you happen to have written it, well then my props to you because I remember your story over a year after I read it. :)

I am hoping to re read a story that is probably 2 or more years old. I don't remember the whole plotline, but I remember there was a scene where Amy's apartment got broken into. Sheldon came and saw her in the aftermath and comforted her. Sorry I don't really have much else to go on. I think I will recognize the title, but I couldn't find anything on fanfiction.net under angst and hurt/comfort tags. I would appreciate anyone who might be able to help me find it and if you happen to have written it, well then my props to you because I remember your story over a year after I read it. :)

This probably isn't it, but one of mine (The Cohabitation Experiment) ends on a similar note to that.  Just in case it's the one you are looking for.  Otherwise, good luck finding it!

• Like 1

This probably isn't it, but one of mine (The Cohabitation Experiment) ends on a similar note to that.  Just in case it's the one you are looking for.  Otherwise, good luck finding it!

I think that might be the one I was thinking about. There might be another one that I am thinking of, but yours is definitely one I have read before. I could have sworn the one I am thinking of had the Amy's apartment broken into in the middle of the story.

My story The Paradigm Realization is a Shamy story.  I just have it on hold while I finish a couple of old stories I've let go by the wayside.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10371665/1/The-Paradigm-Realization

I hope to get this story up and going soon as I have one of my old stories almost done.  I have a couple of smaller ones also if you are interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4745376/mphs95

My friend Hazelra7 has some awesome ones, also as does QBMaja

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5715883/hazelra7

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5720272/QBMaja