The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rae

2014 Fan Fiction Awards

oooh! I cant wait!! There are so many good stories out there!!  I will begin going through them!  This is a great idea!! A great way to show my love for the great writers I've found.  Thank you all for doing this.

• Like 7

I can't believe I'm in the list ;) That's kind :) (it also reminds me I still haven't post a chapter 6 lol ... my readers must hate me right now)

OK, I have some names in my head but I will reread some of them before sending my list :)

Edited by Chrystalie
  • Like 3

Thank you for adding me too! I've just discovered all these new (mainly Lenny) writers-this will need further investigation-talk about collecting additional data!

• Like 4

Sonic, Chiany, Kerry,  thanks for all the work you're putting in for this.  It's going to be fun.  I'll get my nominations in the next week or so.  Again, thank.

• Like 4

I'm almost through with all my choices for nominations and will pm them to you both soon, but I was wondering if one more category could be added for Best Dream Sequence or Dream Sequences.  I think that would be a great category, because there have been some awesome dream sequences written in the fics I've read recently.  Also, sorry to be clueless, but what is Best Crackship Fic?  What is a Crackship?    :)

• Like 1

Also, sorry to be clueless, but what is Best Crackship Fic?  What is a Crackship?    :)

Crack pairing is any pairing that makes absolutely no sense, story wise.

Canon means true to the story. Two people who are actually together in the story (not just suggested that they like each other or anything like that, truly together) is a canon relationship.

• Like 1

I just read the list, and I can't believe I am on it!! thanks!  I cant wait to go through all these.  As soon as I am back home at my regular computer, I will go through the list.  Do I have till August 20th?  I might need that long!!

• Like 1

You all deserve to be on the list, you wrote the stories yourself ;)

And yes, nominations can be send in until the 20th.

• Like 3

I'm almost through with all my choices for nominations and will pm them to you both soon, but I was wondering if one more category could be added for Best Dream Sequence or Dream Sequences. I think that would be a great category, because there have been some awesome dream sequences written in the fics I've read recently. Also, sorry to be clueless, but what is Best Crackship Fic? What is a Crackship? :)

If the winners get GIFs this time, the winner of the Best Dream category could be one of the Gorn on the Sofa or tiny Spock lecturing Sheldon about the broken Transporter toy!

Edited by Bella Duveen
  • Like 1

I'm almost through with all my choices for nominations and will pm them to you both soon, but I was wondering if one more category could be added for Best Dream Sequence or Dream Sequences. I think that would be a great category, because there have been some awesome dream sequences written in the fics I've read recently.

Okay Deborah, I added that category to the list :)

• Like 2

Awww..... :icon_redface:

Ohmygosh hi! So happy to hear from you again :) how have you been? And I just now realized that I only added two of your stories to the list... Dash it, I'm so lazy. Off to fix it!

If I've forgotten to add someone's fic to the list, just tell me! You all deserve to be included. As long as it's been updated/posted after June of 2013, it's fair game.

Edited by sonicdeathrae
  • Like 1

Blimey, I better get my reading hat on!

How many on my list can I cram in before the 20th?

Eek!!!

Thanks for including my daft scribbles Chiany, Kerry and Sonic! X

• Like 2

It's no problem, AThing! And I know, it's difficult to choose. So many greats fics to choose from :wink:

Edited by sonicdeathrae
  • Like 1

Crack pairing is any pairing that makes absolutely no sense, story wise.

Canon means true to the story. Two people who are actually together in the story (not just suggested that they like each other or anything like that, truly together) is a canon relationship.O

Oh, thank you for explaining that.  Tensor had actually sent me a pm explaining it, also.  Sorry, I should have wrote back that I since found the answer.  Appreciate it though!   :)

Okay Deborah, I added that category to the list :)

Thanks.  That's really great!  I appreciate it!  I already know who I'm going to nominate for that category.   :)

It's no problem, AThing! And I know, it's difficult to choose. So many greats fics to choose from :wink:

That's for sure!  Way too many! 

Edited by Deborah A. Ranquist

Ohhh so happy to be in this list!

I'm so new at writing fanfic and I haven't even finished it yet! :-) Thanks a lot!

• Like 2

I just have one more question regarding submitting nominations for the various categories:  Do we have to list the author's name along with the story title when nominating for categories other than Best Author or can we just list the story title?

I just have one more question regarding submitting nominations for the various categories:  Do we have to list the author's name along with the story title when nominating for categories other than Best Author or can we just list the story title?

For the two Best Author categories, the name of the author is enough.

For all the others the name of the story is needed.

And when it comes to best scenes (like the best kiss) also which chapter if it isn't a one shot.

• Like 2

For the two Best Author categories, the name of the author is enough.

For all the others the name of the story is needed.

And when it comes to best scenes (like the best kiss) also which chapter if it isn't a one shot.

Right, on the author, I figured we just submit the name, but on the stories, I didn't know if we had to list the author, too, but that's okay, I got it.  On scenes, that is going to be exceptionally hard to pick just one, as in some stories, every single chapter is chock full of them like Best Coitus.

• Like 1

Right, on the author, I figured we just submit the name, but on the stories, I didn't know if we had to list the author, too, but that's okay, I got it.  On scenes, that is going to be exceptionally hard to pick just one, as in some stories, every single chapter is chock full of them like Best Coitus.

You can nominate 4 authors,scenes, fics per category..

I know it's hard to choose just 4 in some categories.

But you don't have to read all stories on that list of course, just the ones you have read and remember good scenes etc. from

• Like 1