Hello From San Francisco

FamousAspect

Hi there. I'm from San Francisco and my wife and I have become big fans of TBBT over the past year. We started at the beginning and watched every episode in order. I initially resisted since I'm a huge nerd (I make videogames, love math/stats, comic books, sci-fi, fantasy et all) and often felt when catching snippets of the show that the laugh track was laughing AT ME (and my kind) and not with me. But once I gave it a fair chance and grew to know the characters, I learned to appreciate the show.

Anyways, we got married earlier this summer, and when we were picking out the song she should walk down the aisle to, we had just finished a few episodes of TBBT and a bottle of wine. Since her father also loves the show, what started off as a joking suggestion was an idea too good not to follow through on. Check out this video of our wedding processional Bazinga! There were a few TBBT fans in the audience who caught the reference, but I wanted to share with people who will appreciate the joke.

• Like 5

Welcome to the forums FamousAspect. I hope you enjoy your time here. Please don't forget to visit the main site.  

That video is simply wonderful, do you how many of your guests understood the joke?

I also tweeted the link to that.  

Thanks all for the greetings. 

@Tensor I'm glad you like the video and thank you for sharing on Twitter. I would say that during the reception, maybe 10 or so different people asked "was that Soft Kitty?" I think most people didn't notice, which is good in its own right. I'm glad it wasn't off in a way that made people who didn't know the show think "what's going on with this song?"

• Like 1

I was born in Chicago, Illinois, but my earliest memories are of a train trip, when I was 4+, from Chicago to The City, in the mid 1950's.  I then lived within its 50 sq miles, hardly ever leaving, until 1988 when I was kicked out for being to old and too uncool and to take a job in Silly Valley, where to my astonishment they had this thing called, "Summertime".  So, it's been over 25 years since I actually lived there but I still visit because The City has grasping tentacles.

When I see a warm, lovely traditional wedding, I don't immediately think, "San Francisco".  But, when I then hear the soulful and dignified tones of, "Soft Kitty", then, like Professor Proton, I say, "OK.  I get it, now."

Welcome, and thanks for giving us an encouraging peek at the modern USA!