The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

801 The Locomotion Interruption (September 22)

Your Episode Rating  

82 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Did anyone else notice that Johnny was looking a bit more buff?  

Just me...

Okay

Yeah I think I heard he has been working out, or trying to gain some weight. Kaley has been working out alot the past few years too hence why she is more noticeably toned. 

Ugh what a terrible episode.

Beside the honest Sheldon to Amy, it was a pretty sucky episode.

And don't even get me started on Penny's new haircut.

• Like 1

I loved the episode! I wish I could say more, but Sheldon's coitus line killed me and I am still trying to recover.

me = ambulance-driving-o.gif

• Like 7

I loved the episode! I wish I could say more, but Sheldon's coitus line killed me and I am still trying to recover.

me = ambulance-driving-o.gif

You and me both, sister. Haha.

• Like 3

I enjoyed it.

I think the Penny's hair cut was a good move. They can't keep her at 21.

I found the Stuart story fun.

The only thing I don't really get is Leonard. Instead of being reluctant to phone Amy to go along on th car trip he might have phoned her and  let her go on her own. It was funny as it was but if I was Leonard I don't think I would have been driving so far.

I enjoyed it.

I think the Penny's hair cut was a good move. They can't keep her at 21.

I found the Stuart story fun.

The only thing I don't really get is Leonard. Instead of being reluctant to phone Amy to go along on th car trip he might have phoned her and let her go on her own. It was funny as it was but if I was Leonard I don't think I would have been driving so far.

But you're not Leonard ( saying that, I wouldn't drive 6 hours for him either) and since the characters in this show don't change much, that is what Leonard does. He constantly puts himself out for Sheldon for little or no reward, despite whinging about it the whole time. That's the Shelnard comedy line. He'll still be doing it in season 10, even if he and Penny are married and living elsewhere. That's our Leonard.

• Like 2

While I found this episode overall pretty funny, I was a little disappointed with Sheldon just being back to his old self- with no change to him (that I could see).  I was hoping there would be a little bit more to the whole story of him going away for 45 days.  It seemed liked they skipped over all that pretty quickly.  I actually felt horrible for Amy when he saw her at the train station "what are you doing here!?"  Man, that was really harsh IMO, and not funny.  I wasn't crazy about Penny's haircut, and my husband absolutely hated it - he kept saying she looked like Miley Cyrus.  I liked the Stuart/Debbie/Howard thing.  That was pretty funny. 

There are some pretty high expectations for this show, and I just hope the writers are up to the challenge. 

• Like 1

They wont change Sheldon completley. Their was no guareentees he was susposed to change at all, i dont even think that was even suggested once by the writers, ppl just presumed that was the case. It was just Sheldon reacting badly to all the changes in his life. And needing time away. From a critical standpoint, Sheldon changing, even a little would be refreshing. But commercially they have a formula that works. In terms of revenue it would be a advertisers nightmare, either having no Sheldon in the Premeire or for him to be a completley new man. People watch sitcoms partly for its reliability. I dont think the "What are you doing here" line to Amy was so harsh, based on Sheldons standards haha. He was just embarrassed, as he felt like a failure, and if we learnt anything from this ep, he cares about Amys opinion more then anyone, and he has perfectionlism issues. I think the writers are aware of the high standards for the show. Thats part of the problem imo, ppl have such high standards for Big Bang compared to any comedy on air currently. If its not completley perfect, ppl feel dissapointed. Its all relative.

I dont think the "What are you doing here" line to Amy was so harsh, based on Sheldons standards

I'll give you this one (although he could have been a little more aware of her feelings), but that whispered "Shotgun" really shot her down (pun intended).

• Like 1

Well, this was okay ,just okay.

Sheldon whining in the police station and the train station was more annoying than funny.

Penny looks a lot older.

Status Quo is restored :)

• Like 1

ok, I will start off by saying I may be a little bias as I did see this episode taped live. 

BUT it was more than I expected watching it all put together.

Breaking it down, I found the Howard/Stuart plot line hysterical.  I am eager to see where this goes.  I thought that banter between them (I'm not your father, your mother & I, etc) was priceless

I am happy to see a more mature looking Penny.  She is growing up and now that she is sorta in the corporate world, there will be growing pains, but I'm excited to see where this goes.

I have commented heavily on the Shamy portion on the Shamy threads, but I did appreciate him admitting to her that he cares what she thinks of him.  And the raw emotion shown in Sheldon's face during that scene (which we didn't see live) was so perfect.  You got the impression he really did care.  Did Amy "forgive him" too fast, sure...but I don't think its all swept under the rug either.  There will be effects (aka trust) that will come out I think throughout the season.  But, I'm mad, heres why, lets fix it....is sort of the Shamy style, so I wasn't surprised by this.

The cold opening in the train station was hysterical.

In addition to Penny's new look, Sheldon also held himself in a more matue stature. 

Overall the episode left me very hopeful for a great season 8.

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 6

Overall I thought it was a very good season opener, although I would like to have seen something of Sheldon's trip besides his being stranded in the train station - we got to see Leonard on the ship and Howard on the space station - I would have at least liked to of seen him a bit on one of his beloved trains, and Sheldon never leaving the train station as it stopped in all those great cities was strange, but then living on a train all Summer is Heaven to Sheldon.

The opening scene was the funniest part of the episode, you would think though that at least a conductor from the train would have gotten off with Sheldon to help rather than just dumping him in the station depantsed, missing a sock, robbed of his possessions and no way to get home.- that was kind of cold. I liked all the interactions between Shedon  and Leonard and Amy when they came to pick him up - loved that Sheldon ran to Leonard and gave him a hug - shows that he is taking to heart Obi-wan Proton's advice about appreciating the people who are there for him in his life, and Sheldon saying he didn't want Amy to think he failed, while Amy said she didn't expect Sheldon to be perfect was a nice Shamy moment - and  I also liked both Leonard and Amy reassuring Sheldon that he didn't fail and to think of his trip as a 45 day adventure, again I just wish we had got to see some of it besides the bad ending.

Edited by luke
  • Like 2

Ugh what a terrible episode.

Beside the honest Sheldon to Amy, it was a pretty sucky episode.

And don't even get me started on Penny's new haircut.

Why did t you like it?

I thought it was really funny from end to end. And I will never understand why people are so hung up on Penny's haircut. I think it's totally cute and gives her a kicky style.

The problem I had with the opening (in addition to Leonard making the long drive) was that I think the no pants has now been over done and we already saw Sheldon try to move to Bozeman, Montana. In that case his suitcase was stolen too. This part of the episode seemed to lack originality. The rest of the episode was much more original.

I did like the smile on Amy's face when Sheldon admitted he did not want her to think him a failure. Only Amy would smile. Sheldon is a crappy boyfriend but Amy has not had much joy in her life. Even the little Sheldon lets slip out that he cares what she thinks pleases her.

I agree the Howard/Stuart plot line was hysterical. Just hope Stuart does not get too cocky. I'm guessing Howard will start to worry that Stuart will go after his mothers money.

• Like 2

I just saw the first episode. The car scene played a lot sweeter than the walk through they did for us, and I was a lot happier with how Jim delivered the lines and with his expressions.

The Howard/Stewart confrontation at the apartment though was so much funnier to watch live. The 2 of them did such a great job playing off eachother, that constantly switching camera angles actually loses something in the playback.

Edited by Tomasina

Why did t you like it?

Scene 1:

We've already seen Sheldon without pants many times before, he has been robbed several times before (even in a trainstation before), so been there, done that.

Scene 2:

Leonards question about not bringing Amy was really disrepectful to Amy.

Scene 3:

That one was okay, it at least told us Emily was still around.

Scene 4:

Nothing special, we have seen frustrated Amy many, many times before.

Scene 5:

Not to bad, but didn't really add anything to the story. If it had been left out, we wouldn't have missed anything.

Scene 6:

First good scene, finally someone told Penny the truth about being a lazy bum.

Scene 7:

Okay scene, good setup for the rest of the Stuart/Howard banter.

Scene 8:

Opening of the scene (before L & A arrive) was just like scene 5. Sheldon was the same jerk, hurting Amy (on purpose or not) by his "What are you doing here" and "Shotgun" remarks.

Scene 9:

Not bad, again good setup for the next scene with Penny.

Scene 10:

Only used to later point out that Amy was upset for a few hours.

Scene 11:

This one was kinda funny thanks to Raj's last line " This is where you talk"

Scene 12:

Shows us what everyone already knows, that Penny has no real skills, and only gets the job because that guy is also scared of Bernadette.

Scene 13:

Wow a cruel sex joke regarding Shamy, we've never had those before...

Only really good part of the episode was the honest conversation that followed, but ruined by the constant need to add a "funny"  end to scenes.

Scene 14:

Other good scene, the banter between S and H was good.

Scene 15:

Of course Sheldon would have problems with Penny's new hair, no surprise there.

Tag scene:

Wasn't funny, told nothing important.

Only really good part of the episode was the honest conversation that followed, but ruined by the constant need to add a "funny"  end to scenes.

That's one thing that has annoyed me about the show occasionally. Scenes which are emotional and/or dramatic have to be turned into 'funny' scenes.

Somebody needs to tell the writers: 'Yes, you've got a great script and your stuff is really funny, but just have a scene once in a while which doesn't end on a punch line!'

Another such 'funny' end to a dramatic scene was in Season 7 Episode 12 "The Hesitation Ramification" when Sheldon consoles Leonard over Penny falling out with him. Leonard has just turned down a drunk Penny's marriage proposal. Sheldon has an emotional chat with Leonard about the events of the evening and this was going to be one of the best dramatic scenes the show had ever produced. But then the writers had to ruin it by having Sheldon stick a 'kick me' sign on Leonard's back which was totally unnecessary and completely ruined the episode for me.

• Like 3

That's one thing that has annoyed me about the show occasionally. Scenes which are emotional and/or dramatic have to be turned into 'funny' scenes.

Somebody needs to tell the writers: 'Yes, you've got a great script and your stuff is really funny, but just have a scene once in a while which doesn't end on a punch line!'

Another such 'funny' end to a dramatic scene was in Season 7 Episode 12 "The Hesitation Ramification" when Sheldon consoles Leonard over Penny falling out with him. Leonard has just turned down a drunk Penny's marriage proposal. Sheldon has an emotional chat with Leonard about the events of the evening and this was going to be one of the best dramatic scenes the show had ever produced. But then the writers had to ruin it by having Sheldon stick a 'kick me' sign on Leonard's back which was totally unnecessary and completely ruined the episode for me.

Indeed!

The only one that comes to mind I liked was the ending of Shamy's D&D scene. That ended in funny, but good way imho.

• Like 2

I have to admit, one (not only) simple scene made me laugh :

Sheldon was excited to tell the different ingredients in his sandwiches, and trying to quiz Leonard, all smiling. And Leonard answering him with a jaded look "I don't care". lol

The shotgun remark. Don't you have to be close to the car or see it to call shotgun. That's my understanding of it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tonstar17

The shotgun remark. Don't you have to be close to the car or see it to call shotgun. That's my understanding of it.

actually growing up...we always yelled shotgun way before we actually went into the car.....

actually growing up...we always yelled shotgun way before we actually went into the car.....

Different in England. Must be an English thing then. You have to be close to the car to call shotgun.