The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

802 The Junior Professor Solution (September 22)

Your Episode Rating  

76 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad
  2. 2. What should Raj & Emily be called?

• Emipali
    • Koothrappemily

'The Junior Professor Solution' - Season 8, Episode 2

Airs Monday, September 22 at 8:30/7:30c on CBS.

When Sheldon is forced to teach a class, Howard surprises everyone by taking it. Meanwhile, the tension between Penny and Bernadette gives Amy a chance to play both sides.

• Like 4

Of all people in the TBBT universe, Howard should know better than anyone not to take a class from Sheldon.

• Like 3

I am not so sure that an episode can be rated as the worst ever without seeing it.  I have read taping reports before and thought an episode would be bad but turned out to be pretty good when I saw it.

• Like 1

I am not so sure that an episode can be rated as the worst ever without seeing it.  I have read taping reports before and thought an episode would be bad but turned out to be pretty good when I saw it.

It a Joke. 

• Like 5

The Oxford dictionary disagrees with you. According to them, it's Posters

"A person who posts something online, as on a blog, social media website, or forum."

Can't get more exact than that....

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457

I am surprised there are not more comments about this episode.  I thought it was an instant classic for me.  Loved everything about it.  Amy was brilliant all the way through and the Sheldon and Howard scenes were gold.  Great premiere night TBBT!

• Like 5

the girls were excellent and Howard was funny. Sheldon's professor bit was IMO just filler material like his train trip in the first episode.

This episode had my ROTFL and LMAO all over the place. Just brilliant writing and acting. It reminded me why I fell in love with the show in the first place :)

• Like 5

Much much better then ep 1.

Amy was brilliant, and really carried this episode.

Glad Sheldon got his well deserved promotion, I guess the university finally realized what a great asset he is.

Loved the whole high school theme, both from the girls and guys POV.

• Like 5

Glad Sheldon got his well deserved promotion, I guess the university finally realized what a great asset he is.

Junior Professor is not really a promotion (technically it's not even a title in the US). By requiring him to teach, they've basically removed him as a member of the research faculty, and made him a lecturer, and allow him to do his own research in his spare time. It may work out for him though, as no one signed up for his class. Although with no class to teach, he may be in danger of losing the position. (in real life he would be in danger. In the show he is in no danger of losing his job).

Junior Professor is not really a promotion (technically it's not even a title in the US). By requiring him to teach, they've basically removed him as a member of the research faculty, and made him a lecturer, and allow him to do his own research in his spare time. It may work out for him though, as no one signed up for his class. Although with no class to teach, he may be in danger of losing the position. (in real life he would be in danger. In the show he is in no danger of losing his job).

That's why it's a fictional show ;)

Apparently on TBBT it is a promotion.