The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

802 The Junior Professor Solution (September 22)

Your Episode Rating  

76 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad
  2. 2. What should Raj & Emily be called?

• Emipali
    • Koothrappemily

I'm going to have to watch it again on VOD. Too many people coming and going in my house tonight. I liked it.

The spitball scene had me screaming with laughter.

screaming.

Bahahahahaha!! Me too!! But the Shamy shipper in me was mostly fangirling about how he doesn't react like that when he kisses Amy.
  • Like 3

I enjoyed the Sheldon/Howard interaction much more than Amy and the girls.  I just didn't like the manipulative aspect of Amy's personality in this one.  Just didn't sit right with me...

• Like 3

I enjoyed the Sheldon/Howard interaction much more than Amy and the girls. I just didn't like the manipulative aspect of Amy's personality in this one. Just didn't sit right with me...

With the Penny/Bernadette argument and her in the middle, Amy is once again living the high school experience she never had, idealized though it may be. She even said so herself. In that context, her behavior is perfectly understandable.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

With the Penny/Bernadette argument and her in the middle, Amy is once again living the high school experience she never had, idealized though it may be. She even said so herself. In that context, her behavior is perfectly understandable.

Exactly, she saw herself as the popular (high school) girl she never has been in the past.

That's why she spoke that way to both Penny and Bernadette, and even talked back to Sheldon saying he's dating the popular girl now.

It's really Amy grasping those experiences she never had.

• Like 1

It reminded me of Amy in earlier seasons, getting to do things she never got to do when she was younger, it makes perfect sense she is going to be a little silly with it. I sort of like it when Amy gets to spread her wings. Amy's life has changed so much, her friends were both seeking her attention, she has to juggle her work and social life now, her friends come by to get her for lunch and stop by her lab to see her, everything is coming up Amy and that is great. I liked the girls storyline more this episode, it was funny, while the guys was just SHELDON being cruel to one of his friends again, that gets old.

• Like 7

This was better than the first episode.

I found the girls plot to be the better one.

The guys one with Sheldon acting better than everyone is played out too many times.

Leonard and Raj are still in the show??

I vote for Rajily as a shipper of them since day one (even if Raj didn't suggest it lol)

What a hilarious episode ! That was awesome, kinda Amy centric (in many ways) and I loved it !

The way she was just talking cracked me up. That's great to see that she is a real part of the group and that the girls turned to her to search for support !

And I don't know if you guys noticed but in the opening scene, they were sat together in a different way than before.

Howard next to Amy, her smiling to his joke. Their friendship is great to see on screen.

And the way everyone just smiled when Sheldon evocked Koalas. They are happy to be together and I love to see them like this.

I love every part for every scene (The interactions between Sheldon and Howard, the "smart" contest ect ...)

This new season is exciting and I can't wait to see more !

• Like 1

I liked the girl plot and thought Amy was hilarious, but Howard and Sheldon were on fire.

So much for last seasons finale though; does not seem like Sheldon has changed at all. Unless you count that he's got more bluntly dismissive of Howard than ever. Does the spitball count as Sheldon getting his just desserts to those who want him to face consequences? Because for Sheldon I can't imagine anything worse.

• Like 5

I liked the girl plot and thought Amy was hilarious, but Howard and Sheldon were on fire.

So much for last seasons finale though; does not seem like Sheldon has changed at all. Unless you count that he's got more bluntly dismissive of Howard than ever. Does the spitball count as Sheldon getting his just desserts to those who want him to face consequences? Because for Sheldon I can't imagine anything worse.

Not only the finale, the couple of episodes they went to Texas didn't seem to do any good either. SHELDON was just a plain ass to Howard last night.

It seems to me the Sheldon story line has been written into a corner. His job was changed and he is expected to teach but he has no students.

Why should the University keep him?

Not only the finale, the couple of episodes they went to Texas didn't seem to do any good either. SHELDON was just a plain ass to Howard last night.

They both were, not just Sheldon.

It seems to me the Sheldon story line has been written into a corner. His job was changed and he is expected to teach but he has no students.

Why should the University keep him?

Because he brings in much $$ ?

And who knows, maybe some students show up eventually. Or maybe it never will be mentioned again and we will only see him working in his office from now on.

They both were, not just Sheldon.

Because he brings in much $$ ?

And who knows, maybe some students show up eventually. Or maybe it never will be mentioned again and we will only see him working in his office from now on.

I don't see how he is bringing in money. They asked him to teach because it would bring in funding to replace the grant money that would stop when he stopped working on string theory. I don't think having one student would be enough.

If this just gets dropped at this point it would be the biggest hole in the series. Some resolution is needed.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

The spitball scene was one of the all timers, as it was one of the funniest moments in the series.

The interaction between Howard and Sheldon was the highlight of the episode, I especially like Howard trying to prove he is as smart as Sheldon

"Engineers as just as smart as Physicists

"You take that back"

"Nooooo"

:laugh:

It is to bad nobody signed up Sheldon's class, as it would have been fun seeing him try to teach a class full of students during the season, and now that Howard has dropped the class too, I'm afraid the whole thing will be dropped and Sheldon will go back to research, which would be a shame, as this episode was so funny and Sheldon might have learned some things about himself being a teacher and I also would like to see Howard get his doctorate.

I wish TBBT would have back to back episodes every week :good:

Edited by luke
  • Like 2

The writers are disappointing me so far this season. I wasn't impressed by any of the story lines. I chuckled here and there, mostly due to the actor's choice of line delivery, but that's about it.

• Like 2

A few observations:

As others have noted, Mayim/Amy stole the show.

I loved, loved, loved that they made Howard as smart as they did.  He definitely held his own against Sheldon's challenging.  They make a big deal out of him having "only" a master's degree and it was nice to see him being just as intellectual as the docs.

Stephen Root is one of my favorite comedic actors.  I hope they bring him back and let him show how funny he can really be.

This episode got me so keyed up, I almost forgot there's a taping tonight.

Edited by tmp
  • Like 2

Yeah I get the psychology behind Amy's actions and I can understand them.  Doesn't mean I have to like them...

Loved this episode, too.

I loved the girls' storyline and Amy enjoying her new-found popularity.  And I love the way she was listening at the door and RAN down the stairs when they decided to call her.  For some reason I really love the way her hair flew out when she first ran--like a cartoon. :biggrin:

But I really loved the mental sparring going on with the guys.  Sheldon's superiority didn't bother me at all--that's just the way he is and he's not going to be suddenly humble, especially with Howard.  Even though they bonded a bit at the end of last season, that doesn't mean that they're suddenly going to be best friends or that SHeldon is going to suddenly consider him an intellectual equal.

I love the way they were testing each other, and both being surprised at the other's knowledge.  And the group Q&A game at the end was an excellent way to remind everyone who these guys really are.  Apart from their nerdy interests and their relationships, they're still scientists who know their stuff.

I loved the spitball gag, and the way Sheldon coughed it up at the end.  He didn't even care whether or not he answered Howard's question, just as long as he got that horrible thing out of his body. :p

I do wonder if they're going to have him continue with the class, if he'll actually get students in there.  I would think that if no one, or at least a certain minimum number of students, had signed up, they would have cancelled the class.  If that's the only class he's teaching, then I would think that the university would reconsider their solution, but it may be that they did this "on paper".

When I was in grad school I initially had a scholarship, which I mistakenly believed would also apply to my second year.  I found out at the last minute that it would not, and I had no other means to pay my tuition, so my teacher had the graduate music office kind of make up a "workstudy" job for me to do so that they could pay me enough money to pay my tuition.  It was not an official workstudy position that one could apply for, but it was a way for them to give me money that wasn't an official scholarship or grant or whatever.

So they may have kind of made up a job for him on paper that would justify allowing him to do his dark matter research, paying him under the professor title, rather than using the string theory grant money.  Whatever.

One thing I really liked, on a shallow note, was seeing Sheldon in a suit and tie and that new shoulder bag he was using.  I've hated his lumpy old beige bag from day one.  I do wonder what new laptop he'll get. I don't think he had one in this episode.

• Like 4