The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
melyanna

Episode 3.11 - The Maternal Congruence

Actually Penny was driving Beverly back to her hotel and they stopped off at the CF. All this happen after Beverly told Leonard about his parents getting divorce and his dog dying. We saw Beverly thanking Penny for taking her back to the hotel.

Edited by ArmyGirl

ArmyGirl is correct although the transcript just says it was a bar, cheesecake did come up in the conversation. Penny was driving Beverly to her hotel. The conversation....

Scene: Penny’s car.

Beverley: Thank you for driving me back to my hotel.

Penny: Oh, it’s not a problem.

[snip]

Penny: Yikes. What’s so funny?

Beverley: That’s exactly what I say during orgasms. Yikes.

Penny: You know what? I could use a drink. Do you want to stop for a drink?

Beverley: Oh, I don’t drink.

Penny: I do, I’ll teach you.

There is the scene in the bar. Penny and Beverly get drunk. The next Penny scene is at the Leonard and Sheldon's apartment

[snip]

Leonard: Are you guys drunk?

Beverley: Well, I hope so. Otherwise, why would we have stopped at Del Taco? Now, how could you not tell me you were in a relationship with this lovely, charming young woman?

[snip]

It would be quite reasonable to conclude that Penny was driving drunk! After all it did appear that they stop at the cf bar on the way to the hotel. It then appears that they loop back making a stop at a Del Taco and are then back at the apartment to talk to Leonard.

Edited by djsurrey

ArmyGirl is correct although the transcript just says it was a bar, cheesecake did come up in the conversation. Penny was driving Beverly to her hotel. The conversation....

There is the scene in the bar. Penny and Beverly get drunk. The next Penny scene is at the Leonard and Sheldon's apartment

It would be quite reasonable to conclude that Penny was driving drunk! After all it did appear that they stop at the cf bar on the way to the hotel. It then appears that they loop back making a stop at a Del Taco and are then back at the apartment to talk to Leonard.

This dialog explains how they got to Leonard's apartment after drinking at TCF:

Beverley: You go get a taxi. I’m gonna slip my business card into that busboy’s back pocket, cupping his firm, right buttock as I do so.

This dialog explains how they got to Leonard's apartment after drinking at TCF:

Beverley: You go get a taxi. I’m gonna slip my business card into that busboy’s back pocket, cupping his firm, right buttock as I do so.

You are right. I missed that.

Felt so bad for Leonard, how can he stand his horrible family?? He still wishes for the affection of a mother but will never get it. How can anyone be this distant and uneffected about anything around their own kid?? I know it's just a show but his relationship with his mother makes me sad.

From The Maternal Capacitance (2.15):-

Beverley:  Oh, I don’t know where he would’ve gotten that. Aside from a pro forma consummation of our marriage, his father and I only had intercourse for the purposes of reproduction.

From The Maternal Congruence (3.11):-

Beverley: Thankfully, my shock was somewhat mitigated by the fact that I haven’t had intercourse with him in eight years.

Around 20 years after Leonard was born, Alfred and Beverly were trying for another baby? :shok: