• Fraiser
    • Mork and Mindy
    • Three's Company
    • 30 Rock
    • Two and a Half Men
    • Curb Your Enthusiasim
    • How I met Your Mother
    • Scrubs

Over here we have a channel called Jones!, introduced me to shows I had never heard of previousley, or were not too familiar with. Just wondering what are your fav sitcoms ever? Also a few post late nineties and early to mid 2000's that are up their too. Clearly Big Bang goes without saying, but as this is for other tv shows I'll leave that out. If a sitcom is not on the poll just post about it haha. 

Edited by 3ku11

Those are all American.

What's wrong with British Sitcoms?

Nothing at all, i am just not so familiar with British Sitcoms. The Young Ones is a british sitcom. Like i said show not on poll just post about it.

Seinfeld is just the one that cracks me up all the time, I've seen the same episodes hundreds of

times and still find them funny as hell.

Yeah Seinfeilds one of the classics. Unfortunatley i dont remember much of it. Nz was more into Friends over here haha.

A couple of my favourite British sitcoms, which travelled to America.

The good Life (Good Neighbours in America).

On his 40th Birthday, Tom Good is feeling depressed at being a tiny cog, in the giant industrial machine that is a factory making give-away plastic toys, for cereal packets.

That night, he convinces his wife, Barbara, to join him in quitting the rat race, to become self sufficient (growing vegetables, keeping animals, etc.), in the grounds of their suburban home.

Despite several setbacks (including being almost drowned out of their first harvest), they make a go of it, with the (often disapproving) support of their neighbours Jerry Leadbetter and his (very snooty) wife Margo.

As Time Goes By.

In 1953, 2nd Lieutenant Lionel Hardcastle was stationed in Essex, doing his National Service.

While strolling through a park in London, he meets, and subsequently falls in love with, nurse Jean Pargetter, who is also working in Essex.

After a brief (approx 6 month) romance, Lionel is posted to Korea, from where he immediately sends Jean a letter, which gets lost in the mail.

Convinced Lionel has lost interest in her, Jean continues her life, marrying David and having a daughter Judith.

38 years after Lionel was posted to Korea, he returns to England (having spent many years running a coffee plantation in Kenya), to write his autobiography, imaginatively titled "My Life In Kenya".

The series begins with Lionel discovering that his Temporary Secretary is incompetent,causing him to complain to the Secretarial Agency, who send round a "Senior Executive", in the shape of Jeans daughter, the aforementioned (and twice divorced) Judith Hanson.

Lionel realises that his former love, Jean (who is now widowed), is in fact the owner of the Secretarial Agency.

So starts their slow (and often bumpy) road back to love, romance and happiness.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

A couple of my favourite British sitcoms, which travelled to America.

The good Life (Good Neighbours in America).

On his 40th Birthday, Tom Good is feeling depressed at being a tiny cog, in the giant industrial machine that is a factory making give-away plastic toys, for cereal packets.

That night, he convinces his wife, Barbara, to join him in quitting the rat race, to become self sufficient (growing vegetables, keeping animals, etc.), in the grounds of their suburban home.

Despite several setbacks (including being almost drowned out of their first harvest), they make a go of it, with the (often disapproving) support of their neighbours Jerry Leadbetter and his (very snooty) wife Margo.

As Time Goes By.

In 1938, 2nd Lieutenant Lionel Hardcastle was stationed in Essex, doing his National Service.

While strolling through a park in London, he meets, and subsequently falls in love with, nurse Jean Pargetter, who is also working in Essex.

After a brief (approx 6 month) romance, Lionel is posted to Korea, from where he immediately sends Jean a letter, which gets lost in the mail.

Convinced Lionel has lost interest in her, Jean continues her life, marrying David and having a daughter Judith.

38 years after Lionel was posted to Korea, he returns to England (having spent many years running a coffee plantation in Kenya), to write his autobiography, imaginatively titled "My Life In Kenya".

The series begins with Lionel discovering that his Temporary Secretary is incompetent,causing him to complain to the Secretarial Agency, who send round a "Senior Executive", in the shape of Jeans daughter, the aforementioned (and twice divorced) Judith Hanson.

Lionel realises that his former love, Jean (who is now widowed), is in fact the owner of the Secretarial Agency.

So starts their slow (and often bumpy) road back to love, romance and happiness.

They sound great, but im from NZ. So we well in my generation were more familiar with American Sitcoms. This does not mean i dont like them, my exp just isint as vast as American Ones. I like Some Mothers Ave Him, bit of an oldy. The Young Ones was really the original ensemble peice comedy before their was Friends, Seinfeild, Big Bang e.t.c. The Blackadder i like too. We get The Good Life over here, and its called The Good Life. Edited by 3ku11

• 3 weeks later...