[Spoiler] Raj Penny Emily. What Might Happen? You Know Something Has To.

Will the possible oncoming conflict drive a stake into Raj's heart, separate the gang for episodes and mean we might see a third Emily. Is it too soon to shout the sky is falling? Or will he be forced to admit he had too much to drink and a good woman took the hit for him to save his pathetic vanity. Wadda ya reckon QuickDraw?

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps Raj should tell people the whole story, nothing to be proud of.

Raj is extremely loyal; he's had the same group of friends since the beginning of the show and it's obvious how important they all are to him. Especially Howard. He is vain in the way someone with dee

Norgrav, he can behave badly from time to time--they all certainly do that--but that doesn't mean that he's a bad person, which, to me, you seem to be implying in your describing him.   They all beh

Well after reading the Taping Report, i hope Emily Dumps his indian so and so. Hes becoming incresingly selfish, and douche worthy. Telling Emily about Penny and not informing Penny, awards him Douche of the year. He constantly brings it up to boost his ego, brag about it, Leonards over it, Pennys over it, get over it Raj and writers. The whole thing was about Rajs self vanity, Raj hd more of a recollection. So you have to guess Penny was intoxicated. Thats it Rajs pathetic self vanity, Penny took a hit and shes being taking hits for it ever since. I just wish thats it from writers, i like Raj and i prefer writers diddnt mk him look like a douche.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

The problem is, he never developed a filter. He's only had one GF (Emily) since he could talk. At the rate he's going he'll have someone new to offend in short order.

I agree with the filter thing.  He notices though as he says the thing and then tells the girls "this is why I've been alone this long".  He noticed last year when he was talking to Mrs. Davis and yelling at himself in the mirror.  I think that the no filter thing will be Raj's thing for awhile and it's exciting what new stories can be told with Emily adapting or not adapting to it.

I'll tell you how I think about Raj and Emily at the moment. I used to like their dynamic when they started to go out. She was nice, caring, they had a lot of fun. And now? She starts getting jealous because a friend hooked up with him 3 years ago? And besides, why would you tell your partner about the people you had sex with, or used to go out with? What does it matter? Did he do it to brag?

She doesn't really trust him, that's what I'm thinking. And that will be a problem in the future. In my head, Lucy is still his one and only and she will come back at some point. ;)

I'll tell you how I think about Raj and Emily at the moment. I used to like their dynamic when they started to go out. She was nice, caring, they had a lot of fun. And now? She starts getting jealous because a friend hooked up with him 3 years ago? And besides, why would you tell your partner about the people you had sex with, or used to go out with? What does it matter? Did he do it to brag?

She doesn't really trust him, that's what I'm thinking. And that will be a problem in the future. In my head, Lucy is still his one and only and she will come back at some point. ;)

In all honesty, I have had the convo of past relationships with my ex and my husband earlier in our relationships so it's to unheard of to do so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all honesty, I have had the convo of past relationships with my ex and my husband earlier in our relationships so it's to unheard of to do so

I'd never do that with my girlfriend. It shows a lot of distrust, IMO. And if you get jealous (like Emily), because the girl he used to date is prettier than you, you're gonna have a bad time. But I'm sure everyone shares a different opinion about that subject.

I'd never do that with my girlfriend. It shows a lot of distrust, IMO. And if you get jealous (like Emily), because the girl he used to date is prettier than you, you're gonna have a bad time. But I'm sure everyone shares a different opinion about that subject.

It's not distrust (been with my husband 14 years so we are ok). It's curiosity

I agree--I have had similar conversations with the hubby. But those people are long out of my life so it's "safe" to talk about them. I'm not sure if I would bring up a past hook-up with someone I am still friends with, though. Some things are better left unsaid.

• Like 2

Everyone has a past, especially in this day and age. It really shouldn't matter. I don't think I would want to know about who the person I'm with has slept with before I met them (unless it pertained to health issues)

• Like 1

Perhaps Raj should tell people the whole story, nothing to be proud of.

But he is not crushed. He still inflates himself and the two other parties hate each other. What's up with that? Neither has any reason to hate the other. If I slept with person A and person A slept with person B years ago, why would I even have any thoughts about that person B years later. Is this even a thing? The only thing that would tick me off is if the person A treated me badly or person B treated person A badly. This makes no sense to me. Maybe it is lazy storytelling. But if it ends up with Raj getting what he merits then fine, but what are the chances. Again, Raj is a jerk for no good reason.

• Like 1

Rajs been a jerk for a while now. Difference its tv not real life. And im sure Leonard nor anyone cares about Pennys other conquests. But Raj is one of Leonards best friend, and Pennys friend vicarousley through Leonard. The problem was the contrivance and transparency of it all, so many gray areas. The storyline lasted an ep, they never shld of done it. Want to make Penny hit rock bottom fine, but go another way about it. Dont make Raj selectively use his self vanity, then make Penny so drunk to the point of intoxication she has no idea what happened almost like it was a jekyl/hyde thing going on here. Point is it happened once in Seven years, the fact Penny and Raj have developed a nice friendship since, and the writers keep bringing it bk up after what nearly four years is the problem. I hope this is it, just let it be it wasent a big deal then and it never well be, it was a catalyst to get Lenny together enough of this forced Penny/Raj interaction ever since.

Dont wanna be spoiled dont read. Only way unspoiled ppl wld be spoiled is if you click inside thread. The title is pretty vague, some may miss it. Never got that spoiled concept, they usually watch eventually when it airs anyway, not much difference.

Isn't this thread a bit unfair to the unspoiled people?

Well I changed it. It's now tagged as spoiler, titled as spoiler and has an even vaguer title. But he is still a dick.

And my view of it showed the spoiler tag in the title line.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 3

Penny has been too soft on Raj for so long. He is no longer the poor little mute boy she felt sorry for. She needs to go junior rodeo on him and get him to fess up to his BS recollection of events. If he really wants to play this honest John approach with Emily for real, he needs to tone down his version of the supposed night and man up in front of both Emily and Penny. The clogzilla event was dealt with quickly. This one needs a quick ending too.

• Like 4

My wife and I did the same. Of course, she has two boys by her ex-husband, so it's kinda hard to avoid talking about it. :) Also, I'd dated a woman for 11 years, and though it didn't end well (and went on longer than it should have, to be honest), it's a major period of my life that's affected me in many ways (both good and bad), so it's not like it's a subject to be avoided. Aside from that, though, we generally don't talk about people we've casually dated or "hooked up" with; for us, it's in the past, and has little to no bearing on the future, and the subject of past sexual encounters almost never comes up, because again, it has no bearing on our future together. (Though she has mentioned a few whoppers, like the time a guy she dated showed up for Thanksgiving dinner at her parents' house, smelling like he'd taken a shower in really cheap cologne. When I was first introduced to her parents, I reassured them that I only lightly wear the stuff, I don't bathe in it. :biggrin:)

Bottom line for Raj is that he's still a douche, but now he's a douche that can talk to women and has no filter between his brain and his mouth. It makes for a, shall we say, "challenging" boyfriend in real life, but in a sitcom, it's a comedy gold mine. ;)

Never got that spoiled concept

You should put this on a teeshirt and wear it all the time.

In any case, I have to say that I don't think that Raj is a dick at all. From a girl's point of view, Raj could have told Emily the true story of what happened that night and I would still consider it a hook up. Like Emily said - did they kiss? Did they sleep together naked? A hook up does not always mean sex, but something very sexual clearly happened between them, and they had to resolve it when Penny let Raj down gently and said she just wanted to be friends.

If I asked my boyfriend about his past hook ups, and he told me the true story of him and Penny as I have gathered it from the show, I would not think he had done anything wrong and would not think less of him and would not think he's a dick. He was drunk, he and a friend of his who happened to be a girl were commiserating over the mess their love lives were in - and you guys do understand that this is why Raj and Penny hooked up, right? Raj felt he would never find love, Penny felt she has tossed away her one shot at true love, they couldn't be with the one they loved and were sad about it, so they decided to make each other feel better by loving the one they were with, which was a fucking mutual decision that adults get to make in their private lives and neither one of them did a goddamn thing wrong - the only thing embarrassing is the premature ejaculation and only one hell of a bitch of a girl would laugh at that or think it made Raj a loser. It happens, it's normal, if a girl laughs over it and thinks that the guy is a loser she is a bitch. And if guys think that other guys who have prematurely ejaculated are losers in some way, that would make them the dicks, and quite likely hypocrites as well.

So I don't see any evidence that Raj didn't tell Emily the truth, the whole truth, about what happened with himself and Penny. And speaking as a girl, whether there was vaginal penetration or not, or premature ejaculation or not, I would still count what happened with Raj and Penny as a hook up. Also, this was a private bedroom conversation, and if Emily told Raj she was cool with his stories at the time, he would not have seen her jealousy or treatment of Penny coming. There was no reason for Raj to give Penny a heads up - I would never expect one from any of my exes. In fact, if any of my exes talk about me and our past history in the bedroom with their current SOs I would prefer not to know a damn thing about it, thanks. I really don't want to look at a woman over a Sunday BBQ and see her looking back at me and try to smile while knowing that just last week she was hearing all about my talents at a blow job. You know, sparing me that info that she knows and I know she knows would really be a kindness, thank you.

Now, I can see here that Raj made Penny and Emily's attempts to patch things up all that much worse by thanking Penny and telling her he loved her. (Which he obviously meant just as a friend.) Then he tries to joke around with his usual "stud bluster humor" which is so humorous because it's so ridiculous considering the state of his reality - and in truth we all know how painfully aware of that reality he is. So for god's sake, cut the guy some fucking slack. He falls in love with every woman who pays him the tiniest amount of attention because he's so starved for it, and then he gets his heart broken by the obvious oncoming rejection. The only person he really hurt with his crush on Bernadette, for instance, was himself in the long run. It upset Howard for awhile, which upset Bernadette, but it was quickly resolved for them and they got to have each other. Raj had to deal with the pining and the loneliness and being told off by the frightening little spitfire which is Bernie; he got his just rewards.

What i see from Emily and Penny not getting along is the door to show that Emily is secretly cray-zee under her cool and understanding exterior. We know she has that weird thing for extremely gory horror flicks and that she became a dermatologist because she likes cutting people (...joke???...) and now it would seem she's getting possessive over Raj for no real reason; we know that Penny is no real threat to Emily for Raj's affections, and honestly I think that some of this jealousy is being concocted out out of rather thin material, because it makes very little sense for Emily to be that threatened, but I assume that it might drive some interesting plots and conflict and character growth this season, and also spell out the reason for her departure. Or a redemption!

Anything is possible.

• Like 4

You should put this on a teeshirt and wear it all the time.

In any case, I have to say that I don't think that Raj is a dick at all. From a girl's point of view, Raj could have told Emily the true story of what happened that night and I would still consider it a hook up. Like Emily said - did they kiss? Did they sleep together naked? A hook up does not always mean sex, but something very sexual clearly happened between them, and they had to resolve it when Penny let Raj down gently and said she just wanted to be friends.

If I asked my boyfriend about his past hook ups, and he told me the true story of him and Penny as I have gathered it from the show, I would not think he had done anything wrong and would not think less of him and would not think he's a dick.

How many of your boyfriends past hook ups have you seen or hung out with?
  • Like 1

Lio, Raj is a dick because of many things - he is not loyal, he is covetous, he is vain, he is passive/aggressive, he relies on alcohol as a dating tool, he lied to the university about his research, he messes up Wikipedia etc.

He may be redeemable, and his friends like him, but mostly his job on the show is be a funny and good looking dick. Nothing to do Penny on most of those issues btw.

• Like 1

I agree with Lionne on this (going by the taping report) and I think that it's obviously intended as some relationship/friendship/misunderstanding kind of plot generator.

Just as each of the couples has some kind of conflict/resolution storyline every so often, this is Raj's turn.  Maybe he and Emily will get to the brink of breaking up until the issue is clarified or whatever.

I think that the issue of past gf/bf histories is that for most people, you no longer hang out with your exes.  So if you tell your BF that you slept with John Doe and did this or that thing with him, but it's in the past, well, if John Doe is no longer around, it's just history.  But if John Doe is part of your current social circle and you're still good friends with him, your current BF may feel differently about your past and present interactions.  It can still be ancient history, but it may also take more getting used to.

Priya had the same reservations about Penny--"This is a woman you have slept with"--and she didn't like the idea of Penny hanging out with Leonard, even if they were just friends.

So, for Emily, she knows that Raj and Penny hooked up and that they're still friends and still see each other, in the context of the gang, all the time.  She doesn't really know everything about the group dynamic or what it was like before and after the incident.  She doesn't know Penny, she is just getting to know Raj.  He doesn't help the situation with his typical braggadocio style, and his desire to claim Penny as a conquest.

I don't think that makes him a horrible person.  We saw how he tried with Lucy to be a macho guy when he thought that she thought he was too feminine.  He's still trying to get the hang of what it means to be a real man, not just some desperate loser who can only date when he's drunk or when the girl is drunk (like his hook-up when he, Howard and Leonard went to that bar (anything can happen Thursday?)

He doesn't know yet how to be completely real, though he seems to be swinging back and forth between his two selves--the part of him that wants to impress and the part of him that wants to be honest.

Penny may feel threatened by Emily's beauty to some degree, but I don't know--I think I'd have to hear and see the episode first.  She's certainly not threatened over Raj, but maybe over how she thinks Emily perceives her.  If she thinks that Emily thinks she (Penny) is some kind of slut or some kind of threat, etc., then that may be the primary reason Penny doesn't like her.

Emily seems to have that Priya issue--here's a girl her new boyfriend once hooked up with and now he hangs out with her on a practically-every-day basis.  She doesn't know for sure if there is any residual attraction there, and maybe she feels threatened by Penny's beauty to some degree as well.

Emily doesn't know that she has nothing to fear, and that is probably a combination of her newness to the gang and Raj's tendency to brag.

I will certainly have to see the episode--as well as subsequent eps that help to finish this story--before I would call any of them the bad guy.