The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michael Short

Season 8 Australia

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any idea when BBT Season 8 is going to be starting in Australia?  Are we going to get it around the same time as the US or are we going to get skrewed again?

Well in Nz we generally get it when States are in Hiatus. Which is usually April-July. 5 or so months after season ends. Not sure about Oz, but nothings changed here, we well get it April 2015. Thats why i watch online.

I don't know for sure but last year there were episodes on well before Christmas in Australia and with the second half of the season, we were about 5 episodes behind so if I was guessing, I'd say late October-early November we'll see new episodes in Australia. Definitely not delayed as much as NZ, skull. You guys get a raw deal with that much delay.

Given the piracy debates, I think they possibly might fast-track it. I could ring Programming today. They have answered my questions before. However, sport bumps TBBT and the ratings period is about to hit the school holiday hiatus so I'd expect a delayed start. I'd be surprised if Nine ran it on Go! before it had a play on their flagship station. And its not Game of Thrones, so they probably wont bleed too many viewers to piracy. This makes me think it will be deferred until after the various codes hit their grand finals.

Yeah IWD i feel Tvnz kinda underestimate not onlyBbtv success, but its international success too. Like this season they actually took Bbt off for a few weeks for a cooking show haha. I mean im sure it had to do with the hiatus in the states but still. Right now Tv2 over here is playing re runs of S6 in its usual timeslot of 8:30 pm. Alot of new comedies hv aired over here. Like Undateble and GroundZero which are pretty lame haha. Two Broke Jokes is still airing for some reason audienc like it. Its full of stereotypes and clichies imo but i like the blonde haha. S7 finalie just aired over here last month. So airs around May-April-August. So it ends in the States, around November? Thing is we used to get Bbt early years before christmas, now its later not sure why,

hi I live in Australia and would like to know when going to be on in australia

Well they better hurry I think USA is about 6 episodes into the season already.  I've given up waiting for Channel Nine to show it, actually cannot remember the last time I watched TBBT on TV.  Actually other than Fargo (on SBS recently- who BTW did fast track that) I cannot remember the last time I actually watched a TV show on TV.

Edited by Convict13

It's been on channel 9 in Melbourne the last two weeks now. On Monday 7:30. Caught it while channel surfing. Hadn't seen many ads but I don't watch much free to air these days so obviously missed them.

• Like 1

It's been on channel 9 in Melbourne the last two weeks now. On Monday 7:30. Caught it while channel surfing. Hadn't seen many ads but I don't watch much free to air these days so obviously missed them.

Yep just saw that, you haven't missed them you can catch up, it's strange that we are 3 episodes behind, they used to show it the Monday after it was shown in the USA a year or so ago, perhaps it doesn't get the ratings anymore?  

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/thebigbangtheory/episodes/

Be grateful you are getting the new season from years end. In NZ we have to wait till next May. its absoloutely riduclous. 

Be grateful you are getting the new season from years end. In NZ we have to wait till next May. its absoloutely riduclous.

Next May? That is ridiculous! No wonder half of Australia's entertainment industry is made up of "Kiwis"

Next May? That is ridiculous! No wonder half of Australia's entertainment industry is made up of "Kiwis"

Heres the list of popular US shows which air hours

after States.

American Dad

Arrow

The Flash

The Walking Dead

Marvel Agents of Sheild

Ground Zero (new crappy b grade comedy

Gotham

I find this funny though. In the promos they always

say "express from the states" "only hours after the

states". I joked with Big Bang promo when it airs

"Big Bang only 6 months after it airs in the states".

:p.

I emailed them, Tvnz (our broadcaster). This was

the general response

"Hi Luke the scheduling of shows is at the

discretion of our programmers, who work hard to interpret the best ratings, from the placement of a programme or episode. We also have certain legal

requiements to fulfil, with regard to delayed transmissions".

Pretty much what i got from that was. This is my posistion. And with in regards to Big Bang delay, none of your buisness haha.

Arrow is our equivalent here. channel 9 half way through season 2 and I've watched 3 episodes of season 3. Not sure what legal requirement is stopping them showing BBT in NZ until the season ends in US.

...so...whats the story with Penny's hair?  :cry:

I am pretty sure you already created a thread on this, when their was already an existing one. Now your posting a comment about Penny's hair, which your perfectly entitled to albiet riduclous as her hair looks fine and great imo. But its out of context this is not the right thread. 

Edited by 3ku11

Thank you 3ku11. Could you please post us a link to the Penny Hair cut thread which i never started (24 posts) so i could not express my 

unhappyness with Penny's new hair cut. Penny's hair cut looks fine to me imo btw. I never meant to upset you. I am so glad TBBT's is coming to OZ.

Bunny loves and Humphry hugs...JD

Edited by JDVHS

Thank you 3ku11. Could you please post us a link to the Penny Hair cut thread which i never started (24 posts) so i could not express my 

unhappyness with Penny's new hair cut. Penny's hair cut looks fine to me imo btw. I never meant to upset you. I am so glad TBBT's is coming to OZ.

Bunny loves and Humphry hugs...JD

No problems your entitled to your own views, Heres the link to vote on the poll 

Any ideas when season 8 on Australian iTunes is going to get more eps, it seems to have halted on episode 5 - the focus attenuation- 13/10/2014 :(

Any ideas when season 8 on Australian iTunes is going to get more eps, it seems to have halted on episode 5 - the focus attenuation- 13/10/2014 :(

Count your luckey stars. In NZ we dont get ep 1 till May. But not sure some of the aussies on the board may help you out their. 

Ah dam, unlucky.

It's wierd, other shows seasons passes that I have are moving along and getting new eps weekly or fortnightly but bbt season 8 has stalled for a few months for some reason.

I think next time I'll wait for the full season to be on iTunes instead of season pass again for bbt.

Yay, finally a new episode on Australian iTunes!!!

Edit: Xmas came early another one this morning too - joy

Edited by BobJaneAus