Scotland Independent Vote

Tonstar17

I hope it's a no vote, we English are not allowed to vote so will be keeping our fingers crossed. There is a lot to lose such as the north sea natural resources, debates about EU memberships & who owns what.

If they do vote yes, we should invade scotland and take it back. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tonstar17

Well, you both (England and Scotland) dumped Australia for the then Common Market back in the 60s, so good luck to you. Even though we did our bit in the Boer Wbar, WW1, WW2 and the Malayan Crisis and kept the Queen.  Seriously, I'd be sceptical of the economics of downsizing, wary of the emotional arguments on this issue and nervous of any unintended consequences that might arise.

BTW Some of my forebears left the UK in the 1800's - a couple of them didn't get a choice, hehehe. 

I would say yes. I'm from Czech Republic and we had similar situation in 90s. We were Czechoslovakia and Slovaks wanted to have independence. They have it now and it work out well. We still share a lot of our sources, we are very close and help each other. It can be done in peaceful way, stay in friendly relationships. In my opinion, you can't tell someone in democratic state to be depend on you if they don't want to.

I'm not going to comment on the political side of the argument. I just want to get in my Sheldon-esque complaint. I'm English and I hate change. I seriously cannot do with big changes. If they truly wish to leave, good luck to them. We don't need to tether a country to us that don't wish to be tethered, but damn Scotland. I don't think I'll get used to it just being us and Wales... and possibly NI. Yeah... I'm a Brit and I still forget how that works   :icon_neutral:

Edited by ConsuelaBananahammock

Well I am born and raised in America.  I do have a few British and Scottish acquaintances however.  When it comes to politics, I get confused very quickly-lol even with American politics. I am not familiar enough with the details of this to say at all... but I wish the best for all involved. :shy:

• Like 2