The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

803 The First Pitch Insufficiency (September 29)

Your Episode Rating  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad
  2. 2. Who has the best relationship?

• Sheldon & Amy
    • Howard & Bernadette
    • Raj & his girlfriend
    • Penny & chardonnay
    • Penny & Leonard

'The First Pitch Insufficiency' - Season 8, Episode 3 

Airs Monday, September 29 at 8/7c on CBS.

Wolowitz is nervous after NASA asks him to throw out the first pitch at a Los Angeles Angels game. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny try to prove Sheldon wrong after he says that he and Amy are a "superior couple".

• Like 6

This ep sounds as awesome as do most of the S8 eps taping reports so far. I always like it when Big Bang go off site so to speak, it freshens things up, then just back and fourth between 4a and 4b all the time. Should be classic seeing Howard pitch. 

I could not be more excited about this episode. First, I am obsessed with Angels baseball and the fact that they are connecting it with Big Bang Theory makes me really happy. Second, the second story line with Lenny and Shamy sounds intriguing and awesome. And finally there is a small possiblity I could be in this episode as I was at Angel stadium when they filmed a small scene. :)

• Like 2

Okay got to say this, in the promo, Bernadette looks adorable in that baseball outfit. Her imitating Howard running had me laughing hard.

• Like 4

Okay got to say this, in the promo, Bernadette looks adorable in that baseball outfit. Her imitating Howard running had me laughing hard.

Melissa had a picture on her twitter feed last year where she threw out the first pitch at a Dodger's game, she was also adorable in that jersey.  I almost think they wrote this episode so she could wear another one.

http://t.co/yxIRHl4WQi

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 1

Worst. Episode. Ever.

(And this time, we mean it.)

;)

There was no LennyShamyRemilyHowrdette! I'm DONE!!! :-p

• Like 1

Do you even like this show?

I've long since given up trying to figure out why someone who dislikes a show so much (or dislikes the way it's currently going, to be specific) keeps watching it. Masochism is really the only thing I can think of.

• Like 2

Happy Episode Day Everyone. I am really looking forward to Tonight Episode! We have only seen Shamy and Lenny do date night once (Or at least as I can recall)  so this will be a fun episode and The Scenes with them at the angles Game. 

• Like 2

Simon Helberg is a master of physical comedy.  Exhibit A:  pitching practice in the gymnasium.

• Like 5

Simon Helberg is a master of physical comedy.  Exhibit A:  pitching practice in the gymnasium.

A further demonstration of why he deserves an Emmy.

• Like 6

Really liked the episode. I loved the gang at the stadium and my favourite scene was the Lenny/Shamy car scene! It was sooo good! :icon_biggrin:

Also loved the quote from Penny about Sheldon saying Bazooka! LMAO!

And I've always wanted a Shamy Lenny double date! :)

• Like 6

What Leonard said to Penny when they returned to the table is the reason their relationship is the best Leonard can freely tell Penny how he feels about her and admit his fears where Sheldon is not capable of expressing any emotion toward Amy

• Like 6

Agree with others about Simon. He was brilliant and the whole practice between Howard, Bernie and Raj was hilarious. I'm very partial to failed sport scenes in Big Bang ( took me back to the classic Raj/Howard non wrestle and the Sheldon/Kripke basketball challenge.) Didnt need the extra tag scene though. It was s bit like Sheldon's Hawking prank call - tag scene killed the initial humour.

Some might not appreciate the initial Lenny angst at the restaurant but I loved it as a celebration of classic canon Lenny relationship. Cuteness followed by overthinking but solved by the Romance Ninja. 7 years on, it ain't changing.

Shamy were very secure and happy throughout in their inimitable way with just that nagging little moment with Amy still wanting a little bit of Lenny romantic spontaneity in her life and Sheldon being clueless.

Laughed a lot and for me continues a good start to the season.

EDIT: and with the added bonus of rickfromillinois liking it too( just ribbing you rick!)

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 8

They are all SO funny, and I love them.

Okay, beating the Lenny crew to this one: After Leonard's wonderful hand holding line, Penny just goes, "aw Leonardddddd...." I immediately was like, "why no kiss here, Molaro?" We, I think, need to conduct a write-in pro-kisses campaign. (Kidding. But seriously, Leonard deserved a smooch tonight.)

Also, if Sheldon Cooper invited me to go play Hide 'n Seek in Disneyland, I would totally go. I don't know what Amy's look of disapproval and annoyance was for; I'd grab a cotton candy and get my ass to playing games!

The mutual joy of Shamy over their relationship in the car was great. I love seeing happy Amy; I wouldn't mind if she spent more time smiling and less time looking annoyed at everything that came out of Sheldon's mouth. The two of them in agreement and winking and flirting and saying....well, I agree with Penny over that silently mouthed "what?" over the flag comment, but Shamy seemed happy about it.

Funny episode; glad they got the pre-wedding jitters thing for Lenny out there.

And poor Howard. Poor, poor Howard. Mike was so mean!

• Like 7

What Leonard said to Penny when they returned to the table is the reason their relationship is the best Leonard can freely tell Penny how he feels about her and admit his fears where Sheldon is not capable of expressing any emotion toward Amy

Agree, Earnie. Said similar in the Lenny thread.

They are all SO funny, and I love them.

Okay, beating the Lenny crew to this one: After Leonard's wonderful hand holding line, Penny just goes, "aw Leonardddddd...." I immediately was like, "why no kiss here, Molaro?" We, I think, need to conduct a write-in pro-kisses campaign. (Kidding. But seriously, Leonard deserved a smooch tonight.)!

So true, Lionne! Season 6/7 Lenny would have smooched after that line. In fact if the pub had a tardis there should have been some serious sexy cop business going on after that! No wonder Molaro avoids Twitter! Might have to get to him via Bill. Over to you, Kazzie. talk to your mate about this please!

• Like 2

Overall I really enjoyed this episode.  

First, Howard & Bernie....loved seeing them together and her being supportive and they were adorable with this whole pitch plotline.  It was a cute storyline.  

Leonard & Penny and what he said...they are both scared, but want to be scared together.  Beats any kiss...That was an extremely romantic thing he said

And Shamy...they were extremely adorable with each other with smiles/winks/etc.  I wasn't bothered at all by the "we got a high score, you're happy line".  

• Like 3

Yeah I don't need a kiss from Lenny, that wasen't the point. The point was highlighting how strong their trust, communication, and understanding is. A kiss would of contradicted that. Big Bang is special because they dont need the couples kissing all the time, it is special when it happens. I want an ep where Penny is just all over Leonard though. 

Odd coincidence (unless it was subconscious, because I had been spoiled but forgot much of it):  today I was teaching statistics and made a big deal about cautioning my classes about the use of quantitative measures for fuzzy concepts like intelligence.  They can be useful but remember they're imperfect measures...that sort of thing.  I think that whole scene demonstrates my point perfectly.

• Like 3