The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

804 The Hook-Up Reverberation (October 6)

Your Episode Rating  

90 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

'The Hook-Up Reverberation' - Season 8, Episode 4 

Airs Monday, October 6 at 20:00 on CBS.

Raj's honesty about his past comes back to haunt him after his girlfriend, Emily, is cold to Penny. Also, the guys consider becoming part-owners in Stuart's comic book store.

• Like 2

Does Really I mean it this time actually mean really I mean it this time?!?

Well in the world of rankings, something has to be the worst. But then Usain Bolt's worst 100m time ever is still a lot better than my best so this will probably still be better than a lot of viewing options in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

That would be cute see the guys work in the comic book store every once in a while as co-owners. I look forward to seeing how this episode turns out.

• Like 2

That would be cute see the guys work in the comic book store every once in a while as co-owners. I look forward to seeing how this episode turns out.

You it would make an interesting twist in the show to have the guys invest in a comic book store and have Stewart work for them. It would give them a place to hang out more and to work part time. The guys could also get the girls to participate, kicking and screaming, which would give them something more to complain about their nerdy behavior.

• Like 1

This episode has the potential to end up like Season 3 Episode 17 'The Precious Fragmentation', where all the guys were squabbling over the ring. All four of them had different ideas about what to do with it, and it could be the same here, with the guys each wanting to do something different with the comic book store. Leonard wanting to turn it into an online business, Sheldon wanting to keep it the same and so on. It was the same in Season 1 Episode 14 'The Nerdvana Annihilation'  where they all wanted the time machine in their own apartments. Seeing as this kind of storyline has been done a couple of times before, it will be interesting to see what the writers come up with if the guys choose to invest in the comic book store.

Also, it looks as if this episode could struggle from having a funnier B-Plot side-lined for the character developing A-Plot. I'm not sure how the writers will be able to come up with as many gags about Emily being cold to Penny as they will about all four guys contemplating investing in the comic book store.

However, that said, I'm open to being proved wrong.

Are y'all spoiled or not?

I'm Spoiled.... just not taping report spoiled (just for the hell of it, not reading them this season). Why?

I'm Spoiled.... just not taping report spoiled (just for the hell of it, not reading them this season). Why?

LOL, I asked such a long time ago that I don't remember why I asked--maybe because I was wondering how people were assessing this as the worst episode.

Saw a pomo last night. It was effective on me.

Nope, pretty sure this actually is the worst. :D 

I don't really think that could be possible. For me s4e24 was the worst and this is at worst a reverberation.

Saw a pomo last night. It was effective on me.

I don't really think that could be possible. For me s4e24 was the worst and this is at worst a reverberation.

I quite enjoyed Season 4 Episode 24. It was a relatively funny episode (not amazing, but good nonetheless) and it ended on a cliff-hanger. It mixed up the relationships by having Raj sleep with Penny and that was an interesting twist.

Why didn't you like it, djsurrey?

Oh, Stewie, don't start another Raj/Penny discussion

I'm just interested to know what other people thought of the episode. Like it or not, Raj sleeping with Penny was a major storyline in the show and one which continues to be a part of episodes even 4 seasons later.

I personally didn't have s problem with it but I'm not sure if you were in the S8 thread a couple of days ago. If you want to know EVERYONES opinion on that plot, check that out. It goes on for quite a while!

• Like 1

I am not particularly looking foreward to this episode.   I think it's because I really didn't like the season finale where Penny and Raj woke up in bed naked, and would as soon forget about it.  They have never shown Penny or Raj telling Leonard just what took place, and if he finds out the problem between Penny and Raj's girlfirend, it would have to bring up conflicting emotions with him.  Perhaps they will use it as a vehicle to clear the air between Penny and Leonard on just what took place, which in reality was nothing.

As for all of the guys investing in a comic book store, bad idea.   As posted earlier, look how well it worked out when they found that ring.   They will not only be arguing about how to run it, they would even argue about what comic books to sell.   Bad idea for a business but a good idea for some comedic moments.

• Like 1

I personally didn't have s problem with it but I'm not sure if you were in the S8 thread a couple of days ago. If you want to know EVERYONES opinion on that plot, check that out. It goes on for quite a while!

I haven't been on the S8 Thread for a few days, I'll have to catch up. I can see why the storyline might divide opinion, especially with the Lenny fans, but I'll take a look at it and see what people think.

I think we need to walk a very fine line with spoilers, we're already skating a thin line discussing some things which haven't been revealed by the photos or episode discussion and need to hold it together until the episode airs.

That said: This episode is going to be one of the more controversial ones in the entire series. I wonder if I am going to have to watch it from between my fingers.

• Like 1

Yep, only those officially released promos, pictures, and blurbs, can be discussed in the episode threads, until the episode airs in the US.

• Like 1

I quite enjoyed Season 4 Episode 24. It was a relatively funny episode (not amazing, but good nonetheless) and it ended on a cliff-hanger. It mixed up the relationships by having Raj sleep with Penny and that was an interesting twist.

Why didn't you like it, djsurrey?

To save space here (I have answered that)

To save space here (I have answered that)

Thanks for the link. As has been mentioned before, it's all a matter of taste. I understand why you didn't like the storyline and I agree that it might not have been the best plot in the world but I noticed that nowhere in that post did you say that you didn't find the episodes funny.

I enjoyed that episode because it had good jokes, and the making of a good episode is not necessarily all about the storyline and the continuity.

4.24 wasn't one of the best TBBT episodes, but I certainly don't think it was one of the worst.

Why did Sheldon just say he doesn't consider Amy a romantic partner?!  Nothing makes sense anymore.  It felt like a slap in the face.

Edited by tmp