[Spoiler Free] Shelnard

In the 3rd episode, my favorite part of the episode was how well Leonard knows his Sheldon.  Sheldon had Cornish hen and Leonard immediately knew to feel sorry for the waiter. It was a great joke!  How does Shelnard affect you?

• Like 2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's definitely going to be an extremely emotional moment when one of them moves out and they have to say goodbye to each other (even though they'll still see each other all the time). It WILL be the

I said this in the last season thread, but I picture them having one more conversation though the wall the night someone moves out.

In The Spoiler Alert Segmentation (6x15), Penny calls them Bert and Ernie   Penny:  Yeah, but you two make such a cute couple.  Like Bert and Ernie.  You guys even teach me stuff about words and num

I noticed that too :) He doesn't forget the little details about Sheldon, that's kinda sweet.
I haven't seen enough Shelnard this season to comment on it, but from the previous seasons, I really liked when Leonard would defend Sheldon from the others.
Like, "Don't be too hard on him, Amy's out with Stuart tonight" or something like that.
Or when Leonard was talking to Professor Proton about Sheldon.

"He's a little broken, and he needs me" <- I loved that line so much.

Oh, something from this season! When Sheldon greeted Leonard at the train station with a hug.
They had only hugged once before, and Sheldon hugged Leonard again, without even thinking about it.
I love their hugs.

Edited by JourneyIntoShamy
  • Like 3

Leonard and Sheldon should have taken the relationship test. They would have scored higher than the Shamy.

Would have scored a 10 for Frequency, an 8 for Diversity and around 8 for Strength so solid 8 for Shelnard. 

I had been meaning to create a s8 Sheldon-Leonard thread, so thanks for doing it for me.  :)

Sheldon hugged Leonard again in episode 1, which I loved.  (I have to run now but I'll come back later with more observations.)

• Like 1

In the first episode, I thought it was sweet that Sheldon sought Leonard's advice about Amy.  It has happened a couple of times before, and I love seeing that part of their relationship.

• Like 1

I've noticed that since the hug in the Proton Transmogrification, the annoyance factor between Sheldon and Leonard seems to have lessened as they have settled into a real friendship where they understand each other better and the part each plays in the other's life, it's nice to see - and I  loved the 2nd hug :)

Edited by luke
  • Like 4

I'm wondering why they still live together. They had to make it plausible, so Sheldon has become more manageable and Penny is more accepted by Sheldon. Leonard's attachment to Sheldon in the face of his attachment to Penny becomes more inexplicable and has to be a convenient and comfortable choice otherwise why would he stay. He can't marry Sheldon and he needs to prioritise. He is going to make a public promise to cleave to Penny soon enough. So Sheldon has become less noxious. Generally you move in with your hot girlfriend at the first opportunity and away from the crazy. So they lightened up - diluted - the crazy. I guess I just have to keep the disbelief suspended.

I'm wondering why they still live together. They had to make it plausible, so Sheldon has become more manageable and Penny is more accepted by Sheldon. Leonard's attachment to Sheldon in the face of his attachment to Penny becomes more inexplicable and has to be a convenient and comfortable choice otherwise why would he stay. He can't marry Sheldon and he needs to prioritise. He is going to make a public promise to cleave to Penny soon enough. So Sheldon has become less noxious. Generally you move in with your hot girlfriend at the first opportunity and away from the crazy. So they lightened up - diluted - the crazy. I guess I just have to keep the disbelief suspended.

Actually, in California Leonard can marry Sheldon.  Not that I'm rooting for their relationship to go THERE.

I hadn't thought of a kinder, gentler Sheldon as a ploy to extend the roommate situation, but just the writers are fresh off vacation.  It seems toward the end of the season, they write him more snarky, presumably because it's easier and they're tired.

• Like 2

Actually, in California Leonard can marry Sheldon. Not that I'm rooting for their relationship to go THERE.

I hadn't thought of a kinder, gentler Sheldon as a ploy to extend the roommate situation, but just the writers are fresh off vacation. It seems toward the end of the season, they write him more snarky, presumably because it's easier and they're tired.

I was thinking polyamory really. I should have written "marry Sheldon too". I was living with my girlfriend and her sister moved in with us. In my efforts to get the house to myself and my fiancée I think I used a form of those words in an argument. But yes, it would make a terrific plot twist. :) I'd not be saddened.

Edit: And everything they put to air is considered by a multitude before they get to the final cut. These folks know their onions.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that since the hug in the Proton Transmogrification, the annoyance factor between Sheldon and Leonard seems to have lessened as they have settled into a real friendship where they understand each other better and the part each plays in the other's life, it's nice to see - and I  loved the 2nd hug :)

Loved the second hug as well.

I also loved how, in the latest episode (The Focus Attenuation), Sheldon said to Leonard, "That's my boy."

• Like 2

Loved the second hug as well.

I also loved how, in the latest episode (The Focus Attenuation), Sheldon said to Leonard, "That's my boy."

So, they are toning him down, which makes Leonard staying put more plausible. They really had to, after "Itchy Brain". The next step after that was vivisection. LOL. But the banter can certainly stay there. The walks up the stairs, conjecturing, are always fun.

I don't think it has to do with the current dynamics. I think the writers are hesitant to change that Shelnard (Leonelden :p) core dynamic too much. So clearly Leonard is in a position to move in with Penny. But I guess Leonard is conditioned into living with Sheldon. 

• 2 weeks later...

You know, this thread made me think of the episode where Penny confesses that she had a crush on Ernie from Sesame Street ("The heart wants what the heart wants"). In some ways Leonard and Sheldon are like a real world Bert and Ernie. Lol.

I agree, as you can see by my avatar.  :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's clear from the promo for next week (so it's not forbidden for me to say) that it looks to be a good episode for our favorite roommates.

• Like 6

Yea I think it's cute how even though it's warped at times, they do love each other. It was established last season, but Leonard really is the only important male influence in Sheldon's life. He was terrified of loosing that.

• Like 4

I love when Leonard calls Sheldon "Buddy".

The writers added the "buddy"  a long time ago for Johnny.  Apparently when Johnny would answer his phone he would say "hey buddy".  Once when he got stuck on the line during a taping he got teased something fierce for forgetting that line, because it was kind of his personal catch-phrase.

He used it the first time when they guys meet Missy (Season 1).  He says to Sheldon "hey buddy" and Sheldon responds with a long drawn out budddddy?

• Like 4

Over in the Shamy thread, people were talking about how Sheldon probably envisions himself, Amy, Leonard, and Penny all living together in a sort of commune some day, and while that's obviously ridiculous, I can't help but think that I'm going to be so, so sad when Leonard and Sheldon are no longer roommates.

And that's coming from a hardcore Shamy shipper.

• Like 3