The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
notchinc

[Spoiler Free] Shelnard

I love when Leonard calls Sheldon "Buddy".

I love it too. Every time Leonard calls him that I'm so happy, haha. Even though they don't always get along, they care for each other immensely. Proton will always be one of my fave eps cuz it established Leonard as Sheldon's father/older brother figure in a way. Their friendship is so lovely. I love last night's ep too cuz it shows that yes, they do butt heads 95% of the time, but that 5% when they show how much they mean to each other (Sheldon's reaction when Amy told him Leonard was having the surgery really got to me, that was so prefect) is really touching.

Sheldon tries to cover up how much he cares for Leonard with his usual snark and arrogance. But you know it's true. Just like in 6.02 when he learned Penny might break up with him. He knew how much Leonard would be hurt and suggested Leonard find someone new because he thought that would ease the pain. It really wasn't about his homeostasis being disturbed, as he tried to make you believe.

• Like 8

Really, really loved the Shelnard this past episode. The look on Sheldon's face when he realizes that Leonard is already in the hospital and he drops his french toast stick was wonderfully done. 

• Like 6

They'll always be best friends, even if they don't live together--just like Raj and Howard hang out all the time.  Sheldon will probably spend so much time at Leonard and Penny's that he'll have a "spot" there, and Penny will just have to understand (and we know she does) that Leonard needs Sheldon too.

• Like 6

They'll always be best friends, even if they don't live together--just like Raj and Howard hang out all the time.  Sheldon will probably spend so much time at Leonard and Penny's that he'll have a "spot" there, and Penny will just have to understand (and we know she does) that Leonard needs Sheldon too.

They're like Bert and Ernie.  :)

• Like 5

They're like Bert and Ernie.   :)

In The Spoiler Alert Segmentation (6x15), Penny calls them Bert and Ernie

Penny:  Yeah, but you two make such a cute couple.  Like Bert and Ernie.  You guys even teach me stuff about words and numbers

• Like 9

I agree, though, it'll be sad when they don't live together anymore.  I can't keep from quoting Friends, when Rachel moved out and they said "it's the end of an era!"

• Like 3

I agree, though, it'll be sad when they don't live together anymore.  I can't keep from quoting Friends, when Rachel moved out and they said "it's the end of an era!"

No matter how living arrangements change in coming seasons, I could totally someone moving out of 4A and/or 4B being among the final episodes.  I'm not sure that they would do it as *the* finale, because of the similarity to Friends, but who knows.

• Like 1

Really, really loved the Shelnard this past episode. The look on Sheldon's face when he realizes that Leonard is already in the hospital and he drops his french toast stick was wonderfully done. 

That was a great scene, loved the way Sheldon said 'take me to Leonard' without a thought given to his fear of hospitals.

I agree - even when they are old and grey, Sheldon and Leonard will still be bickering. playing video games and taking trips to the comic book store together.

I think that will be the saddest moment of the show for me - when Sheldon and Leonard say goodbye to each other and move on with their lives with Penny and Amy - I know it's inevitable, but I am glad that they don't seem to be in any rush to separate them and Sheldon buying matching urns show he's not ready to move on from Leonard just yet :)

• Like 5

I see the guys still sitting in the same configuration at the Senior Citizens Day Centre, playing games and bickering as Luke said, while three (or four) old ladies meet up in the room across the hall, one slightly younger than the others, to gossip over tea and biscuits...they will always part of each other's lives.

• Like 4

Yes, and you know how they say goodnight to each other in morse code (as Sheldon said in the season 7 opener)? I so imagine a scene where Sheldon taps something in morse code to Leonard and then Leonard says, "I love you, too."

This just made me so freaking emotional. :cry: I can see it so perfectly.

• Like 4

This beautiful gifset is just a reblog by me. It's actually made by our beautiful resident Chloe AKA bigbangsheldon

I love the eyeroll when he's looking to Penny and Amy for help.

This beautiful gifset is just a reblog by me. It's actually made by our beautiful resident Chloe AKA bigbangsheldon

Thank for the clarification. My tumblr skill is limited.

Can we talk spoilers in here?

No spoilers. Sorry.

• Like 1

The biggest ship of the series well always be Shelnard. And if I am being honest the true reason I was drawn to this show beyond others. At first I found it hilarous this guy Leonard put up with all the stuff he had to go through, from this ego maniacal person Sheldon. But I have now loved how they have pealed the layers apart, and seen a true friendship developed. End of day Sheldon is who he is. The show has always been about not judging someone by their cover. And reversing gender roles. But at the end of the day they both wants best for each other. Sheldon's sensiblities tell him their is no reason Leonard should be with Penny, and vice versa. But it works, and she makes Leonard truley happy, and I think that's what Sheldon cares about at the end of they day, despite his many shortcomings haha. 

• Like 1

Can we talk spoilers in here?

sheldon-no.gif

I'm just having fun. :icon_razz:  Seriously though thank you for asking rather than just posting them. :shy:

• Like 2

Hahaha... I wasn't sure because there wasn't a tag or anything. I appreciate whoever added it.

Anyway, since the episode has aired, it's not longer a spoiler, right? But I loved how Leonard (and Penny but Leonard especially) was watching the gift-giving scene and had such an emotional look on his face. He looked so freaking proud of Sheldon. It reminded me of the Proton episode last spring when Sheldon gave him that hug which basically signified Leonard is like a father/older brother figure. It's just a small thing and most people may not even notice it. But within this beautiful, tender moment between Shamy, it really touched me that much more to look back and see him in the background. He looked so happy for his buddy.

This episode just makes me so emotional, haha.

• Like 8

Ha to be honest I wasn't even really sure if spoilers were allowed in here or not and I had in fact ignored it until tonight when I noticed the [spoiler free] tag. Also it's no longer a spoiler once the episode airs on the east coast. :)

I did notice Penny and Leonard while Amy was opening the gift. Leonard did look proud of him. And that hug after the death of Proton is my favorite Sheldon Leonard moment. It is increidibly touching. Dammit I just want all the characters to hug. :)

• Like 3

Hahaha... I wasn't sure because there wasn't a tag or anything. I appreciate whoever added it.

I did Maddie.  I didn't see anything about notchinc wanting it spoiler free, until you asked.  So I made the change as soon as I saw it. 

• Like 2

I love Leonard's reaction to Sheldon knowing how to drive.  WHAT???  Why don't you do it?

• Like 1

Space Probe was a really good Sheldon-Leonard episode.  The writers have shown repeatedly how much Sheldon needs and cares for Leonard, and this was one of the relatively few times they've shown that Leonard feels the same way.  It was so sweet, my husband actually got teary-eyed.

• Like 8