[Spoiler Free] Shelnard

I loved Sheldon's line "I know I can be difficult some times". I love how Sheldon is now more aware of how he can be, but he means well. This would of not happened in 1-4. Shows how much the characters have grown. 

• Like 3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's definitely going to be an extremely emotional moment when one of them moves out and they have to say goodbye to each other (even though they'll still see each other all the time). It WILL be the

I said this in the last season thread, but I picture them having one more conversation though the wall the night someone moves out.

In The Spoiler Alert Segmentation (6x15), Penny calls them Bert and Ernie   Penny:  Yeah, but you two make such a cute couple.  Like Bert and Ernie.  You guys even teach me stuff about words and num

I loved Sheldon's line "I know I can be difficult some times". I love how Sheldon is now more aware of how he can be, but he means well. This would of not happened in 1-4. Shows how much the characters have grown. 

Agreed.  The real compromise Sheldon makes is that he chooses to ignore the eye rolls and sarcastic comments.

• Like 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgA1tArKnbE

Just because... ;)  This is definitely one of my all time favourites of Shelnard

I think that the key to their friendshipo is that Leonard goes along with Sheldon's crazy ways, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a will of his own when it comes to Sheldon, its just that Leonard lets Sheldon 'win' sometimes for the sake of harmony and friendship... 

• Like 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgA1tArKnbE

Just because... ;)  This is definitely one of my all time favourites of Shelnard

I think that the key to their friendshipo is that Leonard goes along with Sheldon's crazy ways, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a will of his own when it comes to Sheldon, its just that Leonard lets Sheldon 'win' sometimes for the sake of harmony and friendship... 

That episode is not only one of my favorite bbt eps. It is one of my fav eps on tv ever full stop. It was very well done, and choreographed. 

• Like 4

yes!

the idea of the chair there; that they wait those two seconds to see if the Sheldon and Leonard from the future will appear lol that's classic!!  tell you something, i enjoy the current Big Bang a lot. i love the couples and everything, but this; this scenes from previous seasons, i love them! were the reason i became a fan of the show.

I loved the Shelnard in Space Probe. Leonard's sacrifices for Sheldon were really put on display. He's such a saint, haha. I loved when he said, "Do you realize I don't live with the woman I love because of you?" It brought me back to S7 finale when Leonard was so conflicted over leaving Sheldon to board the train. He wanted to take him bacj home with him rather than get a vacation from Sheldon, and that is so touching to me. Leonard truly cares for Sheldon and loves him; it's not merely just an act to appease him and avoid whatever irritating backlash Sheldon may inflict.

The first proton episode last year, the one where Leonard helps him with his project, also gives me the feels so hard. "He's a little broken, and he needs me. I guess I need him, too." Probably one of my favorite lines of the whole series, because up to that point I'm sure people wondered, "Why the hell does Leonard stay friends with this guy?" We see years of Leonard tolerating him and don't really understand why, until you realize that Leonard relies on him as much as Sheldon does. He's able to look past all the things that make him infuriating and see someone who is vulnerable and a good person.

But back to Space Probe. I loved that he reminded Sheldon that he's yet to move in with the woman he loves because of him. And Sheldon was taken aback, like he hadn't really realized. And I'm happy that had such an impact on him, because he's at a point now where he can be empathetic to being in love and all that. But it showed true maturity that he realized what a sacrifice was being made for him. And I really loved that he said, "I realize I can be difficult, so thank you for putting up with me." I never expected to get a legit, spoken thank you from Sheldon to Leonard, even though Leonard more than deserves it. And I never expected Sheldon to admit that he's not the big ball of fun or most enjoyable person to be around as he's seemed to believe on previous occasion. The writers have seemed to really make it a point to knock him down late in S7 and humble and mature him this season. He's grown so much over the years. Amy has a lot to do with that, but Leonard has been there since the beginning and has fathered him in a weird way. Maybe Sheldon wouldn't admit it, but Leonard has been a huge role model to him. I think they understand each other in a way few other people do.

It was such a sweet episode. When Leonard said "buddy" and started crying, I melted. Oh boy, when the time comes when they no longer live together, I'm gonna sob.

• Like 8

I think out of all the shipping wars over the years. The key ones Lenny. The ones later down the road that become prominent Shamy and Howardette. The alternate ones Shenny and Howenny (Howard and Penny :p). The most important and best one well always be Sheldon and Leonard. The show began with them, and for some reason I think it well end with them. 

• Like 2

I loved how they were both honest with each other in Space Probe. Leonard venting about how Sheldon has held him back re Penny but Sheldon coming back with the "I see those eye rolls". Sheldon can cop a pasting from some fans for his treatment of his friends but the reality is they can all give as good as they get. Sheldons character is written to be a condescending pain in the arse but for every 3 snarky crack from him there is a heartfelt sign of friendship to everyone but especially Leonard from the pilot til now. One of my favourite parts of Season 8 is that the writers are really making the Shelnard relationship a huge focus. In fact I think it's been the biggest theme of the show this season, bigger than the Shamy growth or Penny's new independence via her job. It is leading towards the inevitable separation as Leonard finally moves in with Penny and Amy becomes number 1 for Sheldon. But at the moment in many ways this bond they have is what is stopping both Lenny and Shamy from moving on. When that change finally happens and Bert and Ernie finally wave goodbye to 4A, like Maddie I'll be keeping the tissues close by. Long live Shelnard!

• Like 5

I was actually really happy that the writers had Sheldon point out that Leonard can sometimes be kind of a dick to him(not in those words, but the point was there). It's so one sided that Leonard tolerates Sheldon and his ways, and most of the time deservedly so, but I miss the early seasons when Leoonard actually seemed to enjoy being Sheldon's friend and they had their quirky little moments together. Those kind of moments have become much farther and fewer between, with Leonard constantly rolling his eyes, making little comments, etc. Again, a lot of times Sheldon's behavior warrants that. But not always. So, good on the writers for acknowledging that through Sheldon's comments. I just wish they'd write Leonard to be a little more quirky and...well, fun, the way he used to be able to be with his buddy. There's so little material with Leonard's character any more, other than him reacting to everyone else's weirdness. I wonder if Johnny Galecki ever gets bored with it.

• Like 1

I was actually really happy that the writers had Sheldon point out that Leonard can sometimes be kind of a dick to him(not in those words, but the point was there). It's so one sided that Leonard tolerates Sheldon and his ways, and most of the time deservedly so, but I miss the early seasons when Leoonard actually seemed to enjoy being Sheldon's friend and they had their quirky little moments together. Those kind of moments have become much farther and fewer between, with Leonard constantly rolling his eyes, making little comments, etc. Again, a lot of times Sheldon's behavior warrants that. But not always. So, good on the writers for acknowledging that through Sheldon's comments. I just wish they'd write Leonard to be a little more quirky and...well, fun, the way he used to be able to be with his buddy. There's so little material with Leonard's character any more, other than him reacting to everyone else's weirdness. I wonder if Johnny Galecki ever gets bored with it.

Actually I'll say he more enjoys Sheldon's company now. And was sort of off base in 1-3. While I see your POV IMO I don't think Leonard's ever been a dick to Sheldon. Sheldon always did. Mistreated him. Took him for granted. I'm happy to say that's changed this year tho. I agree to Leonard gets little material. I think now he's engaged to Penny. He's really ready to drive into the sunset. But struggling for some good plots. Although they have shown Leonard is still King of the nerds haha. And leader, everyone looks too. Partic with his line last taping. I think would be good if Leonard got tenure or a job as professor.

Thinking of that tenure comment I think it could be fun to see Leonard mentoring some grad students. Johnny could use more screen time and it would be nice to see him in a mentoring role now and then.

As far as Leonard and Shelden goes I think the writers are going to have get more creative in finding ways to get them together when Leonard really moves across the hall. It appears that neither Penny or Leonard cook much so perhaps they will still be eating take out at 4A from time to time.

Thinking of that tenure comment I think it could be fun to see Leonard mentoring some grad students. Johnny could use more screen time and it would be nice to see him in a mentoring role now and then.

As far as Leonard and Shelden goes I think the writers are going to have get more creative in finding ways to get them together when Leonard really moves across the hall. It appears that neither Penny or Leonard cook much so perhaps they will still be eating take out at 4A from time to time.

I don't think they'll have trouble finding ways to get them together.  They're still best friends, and Leonard won't want to give up watching TV or playing games with his buddy.  The three of them living across the hall from each other won't change, so I don't think the dynamic of the three of them spending a lot of time together will change.

• 3 weeks later...

"One...two...three...click!"

What a fantastic Shelnard episode tonight. I loved seeing the two of them work together as a team. The little banter thing they did was so cute. And Sheldon giving Leonard a sticker was hilarious. Honestly though Iiked that they were equal. It was a great episode.

• Like 6

I look forward to the possability of Sheldon being Leonard's best man at his wedding. I want Sheldon to make a speech, that will of course be filled with jokes about Leonard and Penny, but I want there to also be a heart warming moment in it. This is my dream for Sheldon and Leonard.

• Like 5

I look forward to the possability of Sheldon being Leonard's best man at his wedding. I want Sheldon to make a speech, that will of course be filled with jokes about Leonard and Penny, but I want there to also be a heart warming moment in it. This is my dream for Sheldon and Leonard.

I have always seen this too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This episode was the first I recall when Sheldon is 100% sincere and respectful towards Leonard - and they were still hilarious with their little Looney Tunes chipmunk routines. In every episode I recall when Sheldon has something nice to say to Leonard there is always a one liner from Sheldon that mocks or sounds snarky. In Troll, it was 100% respect. I liked it and shows it's possible for Sheldon to be like that. Having him be that way towards the Lenny relationship would be great too. At the wedding as best man, even better.

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 2