Your Episode Rating  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad

I love Tonight Episode! The best so far this Season. Very funny all the way through especially the Penny/Bernadette Scenes! It felt like season 5 BBT. Melissa and Mayim were Great Together. 

• Like 1

Best episode of the season thus far.  It is definitely vintage Big Bang.  Had not laughed so hard in a while.  Everyone was so good. The guys especially.  Now I want to see Back to the Future and Ghostbusters.

• Like 1

Yes it was funny but I only rated it good because in my opinion over drinking is not all that funny if one stops to think.

Penny letting the sun in was a nice change.

Yes it was funny but I only rated it good because in my opinion over drinking is not all that funny if one stops to think.

Penny letting the sun in was a nice change.

overdrinking is HILARIOUS as long as you aren't the one doing it and nothing happens that necessitates a call to the police.
  • Like 3

overdrinking is HILARIOUS as long as you aren't the one doing it and nothing happens that necessitates a call to the police.

LOL!

Amy and Bernie are hard working professional women, They deserve to go all out once in a while, And as you said no one had find a policeman who wasn't taking off his clothes 

• Like 1

Best episode this season so far.

The girls (especially Amy & Bernadette) stole the show and made it earn a very good from me.

The drunk scene where A & B knock on the door and pretend to be from housekeeping so good!

The story from guys was funny and promising at first, but got repetitive very fast.

And I know it was only used to put extra focus on A & B having a great time, but I'm not buying into this 180 that Penny supposidly did.

Penny actually studying while in Vegas is not Penny.

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 1

Best episode this season so far.

The girls (especially Amy & Bernadette) stole the show and made it earn a very good from me.

The drunk scene where A & B knock on the door and pretend to be from housekeeping so good!

The story from guys was funny and promising at first, but got repetitive very fast.

And I know it was only used to put extra focus on A & B having a great time, but I'm not buying into this 180 that Penny supposidly did.

Penny actually studying while in Vegas is not Penny.

So if she is not studying she is considered lazy and not disciplined. If she is studying and shown to be the matured one, and suddenly put into a scenario, where A and B or anyone really parties, and she is responsible, suddenlly the writers are not being true to Penny. Even though she gets crap alot last season partic, for the drunk references e.t.c. Damn the girl cant win!

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

Really enjoyed it, but had to pause because I had a Sheldon-esque meltdown with the Motorola comment.

I am going to be very busy at work tomorrow on that one. How can one out-Sheldon, Sheldon?

So if she is not studying she is considered lazy and not disciplined. If she is studying and shown to be the matured one, and suddenly put into a scenario, where A and B or anyone really parties, and she is responsible, suddenlly the writers are not being true to Penny. Even though she gets crap alot last season partic, for the drunk references e.t.c. Damn the girl cant win!

If she had studied in the earlier episode when Bernadette asked, I would have bought it.

But this is just as IC as Sheldon suddenly bringing Amy serenades etc.

Definitely a funny, enjoyable episode!  Even after reading the TR and knowing what was coming...I laughed out loud several times.  Amy and Bernie trying to get Penny to come out and play was hilarious from start to finish.  Lots of little things in that scene too.. Bernie's "I'm so sorry" delivery was perfect, to Amy primping in the mirror in the background.  

The whole Back to the Future - time travel bit was awesome in so many ways...I've watched it 4 times and still can't follow...but who cares, it was very clever and hysterical!  Great job writers and actors!  

Great ensemble episode...well more like, "parallel play" ensemble episode, I guess ;-)

• Like 1

If she had studied in the earlier episode when Bernadette asked, I would have bought it.

But this is just as IC as Sheldon suddenly bringing Amy serenades etc.

She did end up studying in the earlier episode.  I believe the point has been made before this episode that she is putting in the effort for this job.

The point being made here is Penny has been growing up the past Four Seasons. She still lacks disciplin like that episode. But that does not mean she is not committed to her job. The writers tried to actively proove that in todays episode. Just because she may not have studied, does not mean she is not serious about her job. When an oppurtunity to go out arised, old Penny would of, but this Penny was more responsible and studied. I don't think its either IC for Penny to go out or not to go out. 

I'm here to join the chorus of folks who loved this episode.  It was true to the characters, their friendships, their interests, and most importantly, it was hilarious (and in a way that wasn't mean to anyone).  My favorite part was the verb tenses in the Back to the Future whiteboard scene.  It was very cleverly written and brilliantly acted.

• Like 4

I enjoyed tonight's episode.  I thought Amy and Bernadette were the funniest in Vegas acting like drunk party girls.  It reminds me of that time Raj and Leonard took Howard to Vegas to cheer him up and he hooked up with a  prostitute.  The joke Bernadette made about the Australian strippers actually made me spit out my soda with laughter haven't done that watching TBBT in awhile.  So that was fun! LOL  I do wish they had invited Emily, and that she could have come with them because I do want to learn more about her character and finally see her bond with the other girls and if Emily got drunk too that could have been very funny.  Glad to see Penny actually caring more about work than drinking or partying.  With this new job and her new short hair cut is Penny going become more nerdy and intelligent?   Will Sheldon and the guys come up with some ridiculously funny chart on his white board about the correlation between hair length and intelligence or will it just lead to them watching a old movie like Hair or that stupid one where Adam Sandler was a hairdresser. :p  

Overall, It was fun watching the guys just hang out and waste time, but it would have been funny to watch them try to build that robot prostitute if only to teach Sheldon a thing or two and get some practice before he gets with Amy lol ;) Overall it was funny silly episode nothing more, nothing less and I liked it.   I'm also more excited now because this morning I finally got tickets to go see TBBT Nov 11th taping, it'll be my first time going to a taping or seeing any of these wonderful actors in person so I'm super excited about that.  :)

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 3

She did. In 8.02 after Amy egged on Penny and Bernadette, Amy called and tried to get Penny to go out, she said she was going to stay in and go over the stuff Bernadette gave her, because she really wanted to do well. Amy then called Bernadette and tried to get her to go out, but she declined, saying she promised to go over and help Penny study, as the two of them talked. Amy then goes over to Penny's and while she's listening at the door, Bernadette asked if Penny wanted to stop, Penny said, "I can keep going". Bernadette said "You got this, lets go out for a drink, I'll call Amy." At which point Amy runs off to take Bernadette's call.

So, I'm not sure why you don't buy it. Your criteria was she should have studied in the earlier episode. She did, she asked for Bernadette's help. By your reasoning, you should accept that Penny wanted to stay in to study.

• Like 4

So, I'm not sure why you don't buy it. Your criteria was she should have studied in the earlier episode. She did, she asked for Bernadette's help. By your reasoning, you should accept that Penny wanted to stay in to study.

He doesn't like Penny?

From reading the taping report I expected this to be my favorite episode of the season to date , and it was, just hysterical from beginning to end - funniest moment from the guys was the duct tape ripping scene, very reminiscent of The Simpsons electric shock episode, the funniest moment from the girls was when Bernadette said she wanted to see if the Australian strippers' junk swung the opposite way, it looked like the actresses were cracking up at that line :laugh:

I think this set a record for most movie references in an episode - I counted 9 - Cabin in the Woods, The Shining, The Lake House, Jaws, Silence of the Lambs, The Social Network, Deep Impact, Back to the Future II and Ghostbusters - plus two TV show references, Star Trek and Quantum Leap - given my love for movies I especially enjoyed all of those moments, particularly the time travel debate about Back to the Future, something I've had with my friends, and the Bill Murray reference from Ghostbusters - two of my all time favorite films, and Leonard was right, after 30 years, Ghostbusters still holds up well.

Classic Big Bang Theory episode tonight :good:

Edited by luke
  • Like 3

I think if Sheldon can grow a deal then Penny can demonstrate focus. More than all the others, apparently. Anviliciously, even. :)

Good vocabulary word, anviliciously.  Interesting, though, it wasn't on dictionary.com.  I had to google it.

I think if Sheldon can grow a deal then Penny can demonstrate focus. More than all the others, apparently. Anviliciously, even. :)

"...grow a deal..."    ?  even google is not helping me with that one.

Interesting that our genius team were all so hopeless as getting focus. Also, seemed kind of dumb that these guys would look to back to the future for ideas. How could I complain about the writing when this episode is getting so much praise.

"...grow a deal..." ? even google is not helping me with that one.

Interesting that our genius team were all so hopeless as getting focus. Also, seemed kind of dumb that these guys would look to back to the future for ideas. How could I complain about the writing when this episode is getting so much praise.

Well one its a comedy. So its funny too see geniuses struggle to focus. Remember the whole point was realizing the girls are not distractions, bit their hobbies. Sounds like the eps writing is very good tho.

"...grow a deal..."    ?  even google is not helping me with that one.

NoGrav is referring to the time when Penny asked what Sheldon's "deal" was, meaning she was asking about his sexual or romantic preference.  Sheldon growing a "deal" means he is in a relationship.