Your Episode Rating  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad

Really enjoyed it, but had to pause because I had a Sheldon-esque meltdown with the Motorola comment.

I am going to be very busy at work tomorrow on that one. How can one out-Sheldon, Sheldon?

ut-oh  Bill is throwing down to my throw down on Twitter.

Question, in the Back to the Future dialogue, they compare it to another time travel moment.

What is it? It sounds like the hot tub time machine?

What does he say, it what does it reference too?

It's Hot Tub Time Machine (which was sillier in comparison to Back the Future)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome. I love how he responds to fans. 

• Like 1

I haven't yet seen the episode, but I did read the taping report.

I think the point of the guys' storyline is that even though they are all brilliant scientists, that when it comes to a situation like this, their hobbies and love of sci-fi, no matter how far-fetched, is going to distract them from making any progress.

These are guys who spend time debating how superman keeps his superman clothes clean, the energy storage capacity of kryptonian skin cells, where Aquaman goes to pee or poop, etc.. Their preoccupation with sci-fi, comic book characters and other "fun" stuff is always going to influence their thinking.

The fact that they hold these things up to real science and try to work out the logic of them adds to their level of distraction.

And of course they're not going to invent anything extraordinary on the show. That would be like having Sheldon actually discover a real element or whatever. If it doesn't really exist in science, the show's not going to pretend it does.

I think the closest they came was when the guys were working on that app. It supposedly worked, but it also disappeared from the narrative after that one episode.

They remind me more of 20 year olds with no post secondary rather than people with Ph.D.s in physics.  Of course it is a sitcom and the audience really does not care about this.

They remind me more of 20 year olds with no post secondary rather than people with Ph.D.s in physics.  Of course it is a sitcom and the audience really does not care about this.

I'm not sure how Ph.D.s are suppose to act but nobody probably would watch that. I think the purpose of the episode was to show Penny being serious about her job and the other being carefree. Sort of ironic?

I threw back down- I have too much proof for Twitter, I told him I would be happy to email everything to him.

I think the problem some people were having was that penny got left out of the fun and didn't get a chance to be funny (being the smug sober person doesn't count.). Character growth and being serious about something is fine and everything, but IRL and in fiction it has no place on your girls' weekend Vegas, baby. Since Penny hasn't been having a lot of fun these first few episodes while Amy and Bernadette are on this weird comic Renaissance... I can see people wishing she'd had cut loose a little. Being partially unclothed was a good start, but didn't address the fact that she didn't get any really great lines or physical comedy bits.

I agree that Penny had the fewest funny lines this episode, but I think that was by design, Penny was the sober serious one for a change this episode while Amy and Bernadette were the ones who wanted to party - Bernadette can't hold Howard's Las Vegas trip over him anymore - there have been plenty of episodes where Penny was the party girl, so it was kind of refreshing to have her not be the one passing out or throwing up in the closet this time, she just sat back and watched her friends have fun while she focused on her new job - I think it all fits with the new grown up Penny we're seeing this season.

Edited by luke
  • Like 3

Penny is hard at work molding her & Leonard's future. Dr. H Is equally focused, as shown by his trying to steer his fellows toward work....

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 2

I agree that Penny had the fewest funny lines this episode, but I think that was by design, Penny was the sober serious one for a change this episode while Amy and Bernadette were the ones who wanted to party - Bernadette can't hold Howard's Las Vegas trip over him anymore - there have been plenty of episodes where Penny was the party girl, so it was kind of refreshing to have her not be the one passing out or throwing up in the closet this time, she just sat back and watched her friends have fun while she focused on her new job - I think it all fits with the new grown up Penny we're seeing this season.

Grown up Penny is extremely boring so far. I knew it was inevitable, but she can still be funny and grown up. Seems like the writers can't find that balance quite yet.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 2

Grown up Penny is extremely boring so far. I knew it was inevitable, but she can still be funny and grown up. Seems like the writers can't find that balance quite yet.

The other six are fixed in their jobs. At this point Penny job is still in question. As soon as her job becomes more stable like the others (IMO that will happen soon) Penny will be back to the way she was. If the others were worried about their jobs I'm guessing they would be boring too.

I enjoyed the episode.  I thought the interaction between the guys was great and very funny, especially how Sheldon and Leonard's questioning of the use of English grammer when discussing the timeline issue from Back to the Future II.

• Like 2

The other six are fixed in their jobs. At this point Penny job is still in question. As soon as her job becomes more stable like the others (IMO that will happen soon) Penny will be back to the way she was. If the others were worried about their jobs I'm guessing they would be boring too.

Last time I checked Sheldon had no clue what he is going to do. He just throwing things out there to see what sticks. I would hardly call that "fixed" in his job.

As her job becomes more stable, she will go back to the way she was? Seems like that would defeat the point of making her more grown up.

Last time I checked Sheldon had no clue what he is going to do. He just throwing things out there to see what sticks. I would hardly call that "fixed" in his job.

As her job becomes more stable, she will go back to the way she was? Seems like that would defeat the point of making her more grown up.

Sheldon however is getting a paycheck and has a job. More my point about Penny is if they would go to Vegas a month from now and Penny had nothing do on Monday she would have been sticking the dollar bill in the g string like Bernadette. 

I actually think Sheldon is sure what he wants to do, and since his promotion, the University gave him that possibility.

And about Penny, I'm still not sure she will end up doing this for a long time.

Maybe for the rest of s8, but eventually she will go back to acting.

And ppl can grow, but they can never change completely.

So I'm really curious to see how long this Penny stays.

Sheldon however is getting a paycheck and has a job. More my point about Penny is if they would go to Vegas a month from now and Penny had nothing do on Monday she would have been sticking the dollar bill in the g string like Bernadette. 

Well, we don't know that she is not being paid yet. I assume that she is being paid for training, that's typically how sales jobs work.

I'll agree with you on Vegas.

I don't think Penny is boring at all.

What's sort of funny is that in this episode Sheldon talked about Leonard meeting Penny on September 24, 2007. Penny now wasn't as boring as the guys were back then.

Edited by Chrismo

God. penny can't do anything right in some ppls eyes. If she had gotten stinking drunk, acted like amy & bernie did, she would have been called an alcoholic & probably a slut for her antics. A bad influence on girls. Poor girl, can't win. She is trying to better herself & she still gets slagged off.

• Like 9

God. penny can't do anything right in some ppls eyes. If she had gotten stinking drunk, acted like amy & bernie did, she would have been called an alcoholic & probably a slut for her antics. A bad influence on girls. Poor girl, can't win. She is trying to better herself & she still gets slagged off.

This. A hundred times.

I like this penny. Better than the im so pretty attitude like last ep.

That like was a mistake, I wanted to quote your post. Anyway, Penny didn't say once that she's pretty, but others did. But I guess that's her fault, too?

She was given notice that she had 2 days to prepare instead of a week. Would anyone rather that she went with Bernadette & Amy? Give her a break and let things play out.

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

Edited by hokie3457
  • Like 2