Your Episode Rating  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad

Are you guys kidding me? Penny wore a bikini.. in the last episode, I must have missed it, rewatching. Wow...

bcc261850ebfebd0c842656f5897130e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is one of my favorite episodes to re-watch while I'm doing other things, so I have some more observations:

The look on Mayim/Amy's face when she says "But they're called Fairly Manilow." is priceless.

The skirt they gave Kaley/Penny in Vegas was unnecessarily short.

This episode proves you don't need huge plot developments to write an outstanding episode. As they often do, the writers took a pretty simple premise and hit it out of the park.

I think it was a pair of shorts. Edited by Stargazer
  • Like 1

Penny had to wear it, she doesn't have much money, so how else is she going to get free drinks. Remember the beginning of the D&D episode when she told the girls drinks were on these and pointed to her breasts.

I thought Penny and Bernadette were both Hot.

Yeah, how come we never get to see Bernadette in a bathing suit? She was smoking Monday.

• Like 2

Yeah, how come we never get to see Bernadette in a bathing suit? She was smoking Monday.

I was going to say that they're trying not to risk giving guys heart attacks with such an unprecedented display of her hadron colliders, but she's worn lingerie in previous episodes that's left very little to the imagination, so I doubt that's it.

Edited by Martin Pollard

Yeah, I remember that teddy when Howard got back from space.

There's also the episode where she and Howard were in Vegas, and they were convalescing in bed with ice packs after thinking they could be as flexible as the Cirque du Soleil performers. If the producers are going to dress Melissa in outfits like that, they really need to avoid having her lay on her back if they want to prevent a nationwide epidemic of male heart attack victims...

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember that teddy when Howard got back from space.

Was that the one where Melissa was doing that thing with her hand under the sheets and they had to redo The scene? 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

Was that eh one where Melissa was doing that thing with her hand under the sheets and they had to redo The scene?

No, that was when her and Amy were at the conference, 7.01 The Hofstadter Deficiency.

No, that was when her and Amy were at the conference, 7.01 The Hofstadter Deficiency.

Okay thankfor the correction. I thought it was  the first Season 6 Bed scene with Simon. But now that I think about it. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

Those were nice scenes, with her in those nighties, for sure. But a scene with her in short- shorts and a halter top would be welcomed, or even a two piece bathing suit. Maybe Penny and Her can go to the pool to compete on whose assets get more free drinks. I sort of thought Bernadette was giving Penny a run for her money on who was hottest, that night in Vegas in Monday's episode, but then Penny brought out the big guns in that bathing suit the next morning.

• Like 2

Well, they were all dressed up, which is nice for a special event. Everything was likely appropriate for context, but the additional shot of Penny by the window kicked things up a notch. It's been usual for Penny to be less revealing dressed these last two seasons and the bikini shot was out of the ordinary. So it was either a gratuitous eye-ball grab or a showcase moment to demonstrate that rumours of her descent into unworthiness for the role are unfounded.

In some senses it's regrettable if it is a rebuttal, because people could be more astute. However, the evidence (thanks Tensor) suggests people aren't. But it's not desperate and people do wear sarongs before they go swimming (though how much did me and my wife wished my 80 year old father wouldn't. LOL)

If Penny goes back to s1-3 attire I think it means something. I guess this is is a one-off. So the panting should abate.

• Like 2

I really hope no one really questioned her hotness, because Kaley is still rocking even with her locks cut off.  I hope it is more just a perceived level of hotness that is question, because I know a lot of guys the equate extreme hotness to long locks, but that is just personal preference on how they score a girls hotness.  Plus you got to admit Penny looks freaking adorable in those business outfits she has been wearing this season with the short hair, so to me she is still very hot.  I also think we need somebody to post some still shots of that bikini scene so we can make a more detailed analysis of her hotness quotient. 

Edited by SRAM
  • Like 1

Silly thing really.  I went to the taping for this episode, and the part they had to redo a lot was the white board scene.  I was curious how they could keep all the takes and the white board the same. I knew they couldn't.  If you watch the red line over the zero, the position changed.  The one where the red line is across the zero is the first take, the one with the red line above it is the second...

No one cares, it's silly, It just is fun to see since I watched it.  Just some silliness for you guys to pause on the DVR, you know besides Amy banging outfit. (God, the worst. Poor Mayim)  Bernie was smoking and Penny was just drool worthy in that swim suit.  

Anyway, back to talking about Penny's man hair... LOL

Edited by hazelra7
  • Like 4

I really hope no one really questioned her hotness, because Kaley is still rocking even with her locks cut off.  I hope it is more just a perceived level of hotness that is question, because I know a lot of guys the equate extreme hotness to long locks, but that is just personal preference on how they score a girls hotness.  Plus you got to admit Penny looks freaking adorable in those business outfits she has been wearing this season with the short hair, so to me she is still very hot.  I also think we need somebody to post some still shots of that bikini scene so we can make a more detailed analysis of her hotness quotient.

how many times can you say hot in one post?

I did not want to do this but I am guessing she could have been bald in that last scene and few of the guys would have noticed.

Don't like the expression on her face, her smiling makes her look prettier, but there is no doubt she is a woman through and through, not Leonard's new boyfriend. Man she has got great abs, along with other stuff that is great too. Thanks for the picture Tonstar17.

• Like 2

From the view out the window, it would seem that they're in a hotel across the street from the Paris. The only one that's across from the Paris is the Bellagio (the one with the "dancing waters" fountains in front). However, the scale of the picture is all wrong; the Eiffel Tower replica is too large, and makes it look like they're very close it, when in actuality, the Bellagio is set far back from the Strip (to accommodate the fountains).

I know, I'm overthinking things. Obviously, the real reason that the Paris is so prominent in the window, rather than a generic view of hotels and neon, is to add some realism to the scene so that we believe they're actually in Vegas. I've just been there so many times that I can't help slipping into Leonard mode whenever a movie or TV show uses it as a locale. :)

• Like 3

Off topic, I watched again this episode today, Raj's reactions also made me laugh in this episode. I hope someone can one day make a Raj "I make some popcorn" gif. :D 
  • Like 1

Silly thing really.  I went to the taping for this episode, and the part they had to redo a lot was the white board scene.  I was curious how they could keep all the takes and the white board the same. I knew they couldn't.  If you watch the red line over the zero, the position changed.  The one where the red line is across the zero is the first take, the one with the red line above it is the second...

No one cares, it's silly, It just is fun to see since I watched it.  Just some silliness for you guys to pause on the DVR, you know besides Amy banging outfit. (God, the worst. Poor Mayim)  Bernie was smoking and Penny was just drool worthy in that swim suit.  

Cool…I assume it was because the dialogue was so difficult? I will definitely watch it again, even though I watched that scene about 4 times to see if I could follow the logic. Back to the Future II gave me a headache trying to keep up with all the time travel.

Can you give more details about this scene?  I was thinking about it and the tricky verb tense lines.  I think I remember you talking about the episode at the time, but I would love to know what went on in the reshoots of the whiteboard scene (any cussing? :p )

Off topic, I watched again this episode today, Raj's reactions also made me laugh in this episode. I hope someone can one day make a Raj "I make some popcorn" gif. :D 

Here you go:

gffyMv.gif

• Like 2