Opinion: Kaley's Hair Love It Or Hate It?

3ku11

Kaley's Hair  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Love it or Hate it?

• Love it
    • Hate it
    • Dont Care/Shes Still Penny

I wasn't sure about the hair at first but it's growing on me. Kaley is still hot & sexy that will never change. I also love the maturity it brings to Penny's character. & to all those kaley/penny hair haters, who think she looks like a boy & are calling her leonard's boyfiriend, shame on you.she is still beautiful & a wonderful actress, that will never change shot or long hair.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I don't like her hair. The only time I sort of liked it was on Jimmy Kimmel and I use the term "sort of" very loosely here.

It doesn't affect my opinion of the show nor do I understand why people would stop watching for such a stupid reason, but there was a small part of me that audibly sighed when they showed Table Polarization after the new episode this week. Her hair was so pretty. I just don't think it suits her at all but if she likes it, then whatever.

• Like 2

i agree with Kerrycec03, i don't like so much the haircut for the character, i prefer Penny with long hair, but Kaley with this haircut looks gorgeous as always

Edited by mouche
  • Like 3

I think it looks cute on her. And I can completely understand why she would cut it all off.

Not all of us with long hair feels this way but some of us get to the point where we just can't stand the feel of it on our neck. I'll get to the point (especially in the hot summer months) that I'm always putting my hair in a pony tail just to get it off my neck but waiting to cut it because my husband doesn't like it short. But he also knows its my hair and I'll do what I want with it.

Did you notice in some of the later episodes in season 7, she'd wear her hair off her neck in a bunch of different ways?

I think she looks great with the new haircut and I can't believe all the "controversy" over nothing! If she had had short hair from the beginning, would anyone think she wasn't funny or that she looked like a boy?

I always loved the way she looked when she had her hair pinned up or whatever. People may like the long hair, but long hair can just be a pain in the butt to take care of, especially if you're physically active, like Kaley.

At any rate, it's amazing to me that people can be so narrow minded about something as simple as a haircut. Talk about histrionics--not gonna watch until she grows it back? Really?

Just because of those kinds of statements, I hope she never grows it back again! :p

Who said their werent going to watch?  All I hear are people giving opinions, like this post asked.  But I haven't been on the Penny board.  

Who said their werent going to watch?  All I hear are people giving opinions, like this post asked.  But I haven't been on the Penny board.  

There have been quite a few comments on the intertubes where people are saying they are going to quit watching, because of her hair.  Some have made the comments here.  Most of those, on the intertubes, I suspect, are people who don't like the show anyway.   

There have been quite a few comments on the intertubes where people are saying they are going to quit watching, because of her hair.  Some have made the comments here.  Most of those, on the intertubes, I suspect, are people who don't like the show anyway.   

Woah, how's that Haterade taste?  Man... Well, I guess i am out of the loop.  Anyway, those people shallow people can go watch another show.  Good riddance.

Well Penny is known for her physical beauty on the show. So to alot considering Penny is one of the big reasons for the shows popularity and mass appeal. Changing something as simple as her hair, even though its a radical change. Changes ppl's perception of the show. So if Mayim changed or cut her hair, not sure it would hv the same lvl of reaction, it might actually be welcomed :p. Its a credit to the show i suspose, Penny could now be considered an iconic tv character. But i always thought their was more to Penny then her hotness. So once ppl get over it, maybe ppl well realize 1. Shes not the hot party girl anymore, who lives next door to Four Nerds, (and one of them is secretly drawing their Smart and Beautiful kids) and neither is the show... 2. See another side to her, and see Penny is not one dimensional, and has more layers and complexities. Maybe thats the real underlying issue going on here. Maybe its not Pennys hair or Kaleys hair persay. But apart from ppls beleif systems being suspended, and hating change. Ppl have been complaining about the subtle changes the shows been going through for a few years now. So suddenly bang new hair, its real!!! Ahhhh!!!. I bet by Seasons end, if Penny grows it out same ppl well be going Awww.

Well Penny is known for her physical beauty on the show. So to alot considering Penny is one of the big reasons for the shows popularity and mass appeal. Changing something as simple as her hair, even though its a radical change. Changes ppl's perception of the show. So if Mayim changed or cut her hair, not sure it would hv the same lvl of reaction, it might actually be welcomed :p. Its a credit to the show i suspose, Penny could now be considered an iconic tv character. But i always thought their was more to Penny then her hotness. So once ppl get over it, maybe ppl well realize 1. Shes not the hot party girl anymore, who lives next door to Four Nerds, (and one of them is secretly drawing their Smart and Beautiful kids) and neither is the show... 2. See another side to her, and see Penny is not one dimensional, and has more layers and complexities. Maybe thats the real underlying issue going on here. Maybe its not Pennys hair or Kaleys hair persay. But apart from ppls beleif systems being suspended, and hating change. Ppl have been complaining about the subtle changes the shows been going through for a few years now. So suddenly bang new hair, its real!!! Ahhhh!!!. I bet by Seasons end, if Penny grows it out same ppl well be going Awww.

Actually Two Nerds not four. Only Sheldon and Leonard have live together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

Just a thought...

What if Amy/Mayim got a hair cut to match Penny's? Would she be ridiculed? Hmmm.....

(PS , still dont like it, but some perceptive...)

Well, they are all caricatures to some extent and Amy would be out of character if she did what you suggest. If she did it in character it would be interpreted as being for the laugh, and it would be funny. Amy in yoga pants might get a snort or two also.

It's really hard to change without people commenting in real life, let alone suddenly changing the "fantasy comfort food" of the masses. This show is a mass consumer product like cola. Change the formula and some people spit it out.

It's very similar to when Sheldon changed his deal, but much, much more trivial, to my mind. That change profoundly affected some people who had finally found a character that reflected them - a rare thing in a liberal society where everything that's for sale is sexualised. The significant factor to me is that it was a personal decision by a real women, not done for laughs or money. Its lucky for her it makes some sense for Penny too. But people will miss the easily digested representation of the "hot girl". I guess the test will be how long the controversy persists or if she regrows her hair over the next hiatus. But who will know if its her call or a request from the producers.

All that said, I get disaffected when lead actors stop going to the gym, because, well they look more like ordinary folk and I've been trained to expect them to be different. That they might have back injuries that stops them working out doesn't really mitigate my disaffection. This whole hair thing is a part of a bigger issue. How long can the show plausibly stay frozen as in amber. LOL.

• Like 1

Well techniquley. But Howard and Raj were pretty much living at 4A the first season. One ep Penny had to sleep on Leonard and Sheldons couch, because Howard was getting his freak on lol, i still remember him wearing Pennys dressing gown :p. Edited by 3ku11

Well techniquley. But Howard and Raj were pretty much living at 4A the first season. One ep Penny had to sleep on Leonard and Sheldons couch, because was getting his freak on lol, i still remember him wearing Pennys dressing gown :p.

They visited a lot but they didn't live there. That like say George live with Jerry on Seinfeld or Phoebe live with Monica and Rachel

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

They visited a lot but they didn't live there. That like say George live with Jerry on Seinfeld or Phoebe live with Monica and Rachel

Well of course your right. But i never meant to imply Howard and Raj lived at 4a. By saying across from Four nerds, i was just trying to define the initial premise. But this is getting too OT haha.

More Ignorance: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898266/board/thread/235360722

The User  Ice_Hockey_Skunk is saying that Kaley did not have any rights to change her Characters traits. 

Latest comment: 

yes i read that but it does not mean that she has the right to change her character that fans have been watching for since 2007. 

let me say this slower. People have jobs, lives and family. people watch tv to escape for 30 minutes by watching tv. she does not have the right to change her character traits without this huge backlash. 

if Archie Bunker came out gay in the middle of the All in the family the same thing would happen 

Other comments by him: 

lindsay12866 this is very simple, Kaley showed up at her audition looking like the penny they wanted her to look like. everyone in a show like his has certain characteristics which they all started with. she was supposed to be the woman that these men all wanted to be with. the "it" girl as they call it on tv. will and grace had the same problem when Sean Hayes started beefing up so they made him wear sweaters to cover it. Kaley should have worn a wig. What she does in her personal life is all good and I dont mention kaley i say penny because penny is the one that america invites into their home. 
penny is supposed to be sex and short hair on a younger girl is not sexy. if jennifer aniston did this on friends the same thing would happen to her 

it would be the same thing if one of the guys got a mohawk and tattoos. 

Her shaved head reminds me of a beach wedding i went to a few years ago and one of the women who was not party of the wedding but showed up had (i think it was) green hair (she just got it done also) and the bride was VERY upset and said her hair ruined the photos she was in 

Kaley was hired for the look she had. she should have worn a wig. 

http://www.celebitchy.com/286459/kaley_cuoco_regrets_her_sags_bangs_a_ black_eye_wouldve_been_better/she already knew that short hair does NOT look good on her 

More Ignorance: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898266/board/thread/235360722

The User  Ice_Hockey_Skunk is saying that Kaley did not have any rights to change her Characters traits. 

Latest comment: 

yes i read that but it does not mean that she has the right to change her character that fans have been watching for since 2007. 

let me say this slower. People have jobs, lives and family. people watch tv to escape for 30 minutes by watching tv. she does not have the right to change her character traits without this huge backlash. 

if Archie Bunker came out gay in the middle of the All in the family the same thing would happen 

Other comments by him: 

lindsay12866 this is very simple, Kaley showed up at her audition looking like the penny they wanted her to look like. everyone in a show like his has certain characteristics which they all started with. she was supposed to be the woman that these men all wanted to be with. the "it" girl as they call it on tv. will and grace had the same problem when Sean Hayes started beefing up so they made him wear sweaters to cover it. Kaley should have worn a wig. What she does in her personal life is all good and I dont mention kaley i say penny because penny is the one that america invites into their home. 

penny is supposed to be sex and short hair on a younger girl is not sexy. if jennifer aniston did this on friends the same thing would happen to her 

it would be the same thing if one of the guys got a mohawk and tattoos. 

Her shaved head reminds me of a beach wedding i went to a few years ago and one of the women who was not party of the wedding but showed up had (i think it was) green hair (she just got it done also) and the bride was VERY upset and said her hair ruined the photos she was in 

Kaley was hired for the look she had. she should have worn a wig. 

http://www.celebitchy.com/286459/kaley_cuoco_regrets_her_sags_bangs_a_ black_eye_wouldve_been_better/she already knew that short hair does NOT look good on her 

I bolded that part as it stood out for me. Their are really alot of self entitled, butthurt people out their. She has no right to change her apperence, for the fear of backlash? Its her body! Its her hair and face!? If she wants to gain 1000 pds, and shave her entire hair off, and go bald, its her right. She shoulden't have to worry about what she looks like in the public eye. Because's someones perception of the show may change, or their little bubble or illusion may be blown. I understand reliability, I can even understand watching a show with a formula, and then suddenly that changing and thats polarizing to you. But trying to justify with a straight face someone does not deserve or has the right, when its their life to change parts of who they are because its inconvenient is riducllous. But its just an example of a very sexualized society we live in. Penny's role was the "hot girl", that was her role. Espeically guys watch Big Bang Theory, because its easily digestible, and simple. And its 30 minutes a week escape from reality. Suddenly the show is dealing with people growing up, no longer playing video games but actually growing up. So to alot the show has become to real, and particularly with Penny, she is becoming a complex character. But as a viewer myself, even if Kaley's hair change is an inconvenience, I don't have the right to condem her, because I don't like the change. She has changed her hair not her wardrobe. Its not like this was a strategic change. Its not like Penny's personality has changed. Its not like she has tattoes, and died her hair black and gone all emo. Its just a length cut. Kaley changed her hair and the show had to adapt, but anyways. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

For me, it starts with the hair cut.  In and of itself, a pixie cut is ok, IMO.  I don't think it looks good on anyone(or at least anyone I have noticed with it). Ok not entirely true I have seen it on 2 people --one an actress and another a friend--that have pulled it off and it really works on them, IMO.  I have a bias.  Right now, I notice a lot of people going pixie cut...see what Kaley started...lol!!  J/K.

When Kaley first cut her hair; I loved it.  It got shorter and shorter...it was all good.  When it moved to a pixie cut, it became meh for me.  

It doesn't change that Kaley is still pretty or what I think about her or Penny.  But of all the shorter do's she sported up until the pixie, I thought they were GREAT!!  Not kidding at all.  That's just my 2c.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks other than Kaley.  If she is happy and I think she is-- Go ahead and rock it!!

Edited to add:  That is not to say that there are more than 2 people out there that the pixie is complimentary to their looks; I am just saying on what I am exposed to in media and those around me---this hair do isn't for everyone.  I will use myself as an example.  I have very thick unruly hair.  The shortest I can go with my hair and not look like I have a mushroom cap is shoulder length.  And trust me there are times I wish I could sport a carefree short rockin' do.   

Edited by Denise07

Just a thought...

What if Amy/Mayim got a hair cut to match Penny's?  Would she be ridiculed?  Hmmm..... 

(PS , still dont like it, but some perceptive...)

Ooh, very "Single White Female". That would be an interesting twist! (do people remember that movie?)

• Like 1