Hobbies And Interest

MTBigBangTheoryFan

Beside Watching BBT what are your Hobbies and Interests? 

I like Sports (Favorite is football). I love Camping which me and My family do every Summer form May-September every weekend! My Grandparents own Lake Property. Still are a Few Cabins on the Property: My Grandparents, My Parents, My Aunt & Uncle and a Uncle also has one too. I also like Fishing and Hiking. 

I also like History and Reading one particular area I have a big interest in is Royalty and am a fan and follower of The British Royal Family.  

I also like watching TV. Big TV Fan

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

My biggest hobby outside of spending my time here is playing guitar. I also love sports and am obsessed with football (American Football :p) The Patriots are my team and have been since I could say the word football (I was born and spent a lot of time in Boston with my grandfather, there was no choice in the matter).

I spend a lot of time reading, mostly psychology related things. I pursued a degree in psychology but ended up a college dropout, lol. I still enjoy learning about it, though.

I also have 4 rescue dogs and a chihuahua, so they keep me on my toes pretty much 24/7.

• Like 2

Lots of things!

Obviously BBT is a very big Hobby of mine. In fact more like a religion. getting up at 6am for taping reports.. Working stupid amounts of hours to travel to LA for tapings and spoilers and Shipping the shamy Love every second of it!

Friends

My Friends mean the world to me.. I love chatting, having banter and being there for people. I take friendships very very seriously. Making sure they are happy and ok is my number 1 priority.

Music

I play Music. I am self taught on Guitar, Bass, Drums and Piano. Im doing a lot of learning by ear at the moment. In the music side of things as well.. I am learning to Mix and DJ. So my music Genre is pretty wide. Its a heavy part of my life I could never give it up.

Aviation

Been an airplane nerd since I was a kid. And I'm very fortunate enough to wok directly with aircraft. I used to fly places just for the experience of flying and trying out different aircraft types when I was younger. Even today I get pretty excited about flying. Its a HUGE part of my life.. And it will remain that way until the end.

Photography

Airplane nerds are pretty good with it..  It became a hobby around 10 years ago.. something Ive picked up, dropped and picked up again. I shoot with a Canon 450D paired with a Canon 70-400L f4 lens. See for yourself

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?aircraft=-2&airline=-2&country=-2&photog=-2&category=-2&year=-2&keywordrange=all&keywordlimiter=2&keywords=karis+weller&sort=1&genre=1&size=-2&mainsearch=search&displaymode=1&display=15

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kazziewmuse/

Travel

Obviously, With the desire to fly, comes the desire to Travel! Many of you know LA is my home away from home..

Meteorology 

Anything weather related, (especially extreme) fascinates me. I have done a bit of free lance studying of meteorology (luckily i get to stay some of it for my job). One f my dreams is to go Storm chasing in the US to witness some Tornados. Currently I am attempting to read Doppler Radars to recognise weather patterns. I understand a good deal of it and how some weather events form

Little things:

Social networking

Apple products

PS3

Watching YT vids (very much into Smosh Games)

Minecraft

Driving

Gym - (Cardio work outs)

Edited by kazzie
  • Like 3

Lets see, of course reading SF, not to mention watching sci-fi, fantasy and superhero movies. I'm a gamer (mostly on my computer for the best graphics, but I also just picked up Forza Horizon 2 for my 360). There are a couple of shows i'm following besides TBBT including Arrow and Gotham, as well as Family guy. I like to catch the occasional hockey game on TV (Go Habs!), but I'm not rabid about it. What I enjoy doing most, whenever our short summer and the weather permits, is biking. I just picked up a 2014 Suzuki SFV650 (Gladius) in July and put as many kilometres on it as I could considering the crappy summer we've had. And once in a while I get my canoe out for a paddle down the river.

• Like 1

I've been playing guitar for 30 years - sing at a lot of weddings, school events. Can just sit on a beach all day jamming and singing alone or with friends. Dabble in songwriting, mainly for kids, Christmas songs, rather than serious stuff. Obsessed with organising and competing ( mostly winning) Trivia nights. Sadly addicted to supporting my seriously underachieving Aussie Rules footy team ( currently depressing me with captain and coach crisis[emoji24]) and love solving puzzles and maths problems. Generally interested in learning about everything. Was a serious education blogger for two years then burnt out!

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 1

Lots of things!

Obviously BBT is a very big Hobby of mine. In fact more like a religion. getting up at 6am for taping reports.. Working stupid amounts of hours to travel to LA for tapings and spoilers and Shipping the shamy Love every second of it!

Friends

My Friends mean the world to me.. I love chatting, having banter and being there for people. I take friendships very very seriously. Making sure they are happy and ok is my number 1 priority.

Music

I play Music. I am self taught on Guitar, Bass, Drums and Piano. Im doing a lot of learning by ear at the moment. In the music side of things as well.. I am learning to Mix and DJ. So my music Genre is pretty wide. Its a heavy part of my life I could never give it up.

Aviation

Been an airplane nerd since I was a kid. And I'm very fortunate enough to wok directly with aircraft. I used to fly places just for the experience of flying and trying out different aircraft types when I was younger. Even today I get pretty excited about flying. Its a HUGE part of my life.. And it will remain that way until the end.

Photography

Airplane nerds are pretty good with it.. It became a hobby around 10 years ago.. something Ive picked up, dropped and picked up again. I shoot with a Canon 450D paired with a Canon 70-400L f4 lens. See for yourself

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?aircraft=-2&airline=-2&country=-2&photog=-2&category=-2&year=-2&keywordrange=all&keywordlimiter=2&keywords=karis+weller&sort=1&genre=1&size=-2&mainsearch=search&displaymode=1&display=15

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kazziewmuse/

Travel

Obviously, With the desire to fly, comes the desire to Travel! Many of you know LA is my home away from home..

Meteorology

Anything weather related, (especially extreme) fascinates me. I have done a bit of free lance studying of meteorology (luckily i get to stay some of it for my job). One f my dreams is to go Storm chasing in the US to witness some Tornados. Currently I am attempting to read Doppler Radars to recognise weather patterns. I understand a good deal of it and how some weather events form

Little things:

Social networking

Apple products

PS3

Watching YT vids (very much into Smosh Games)

Minecraft

Driving

Gym - (Cardio work outs)

I love Traveling. My Aunt is a Travel Agent so i been to a few places. I have been to Hawaii Three Time. I have been to New York once which is my avorite vacation

• Like 1

Fitness:  Workout 6-10 hours weekly.  Wish I had a job that was bit more active.

Sports:  Football and Hockey are my passions.  As you can see a Michigan (insert frustrated) fan, Green Bay Packers for NFL.  Detroit Red Wings all the way for hockey.

Love to read.

I split homes between 2 states so it's a good thing I love to drive.

Family (including my dogs), friends, and other half are my passions!  They keep me motivated and in check.

OH and a looonngg time ago in fandom not so far way, I used to write Fanfic for Smallville.  It's the only other show I cared to get involved in forums and discussions.  Sometimes things get heated over here but not quite like they did at some of the other places I used to visit back then.  I love to write but only when I am motivated and in the mood which is rare these days.  So my dream of ever being published slips further away.  I have several original stories and ideas that I am no longer interested in.  Bah!!  Too busy with work and all the above~

• Like 1

I have two major obsessions and a bunch of little ones

The band Queen, they were and will remain the best band ever ever, they all wrote fantastic songs and each had a number one hit, they were awesome live and Freddie was the big reason behind that, he exuded energy on stage and I wish I had seen them live

Tbbt, to think I only discovered this show in 2012 and I have been fangurling majorly about it since, I love it!

Anybody here that follows me on instagram will know I like taking pics of pretty skies and sunsets and sunrises

I'm going to list more later!

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 2

The band Queen, they were and will remain the best band ever ever, they all wrote fantastic songs and each had a number one hit, they were awesome live and Freddie was the big reason behind that, he exuded energy on stage and I wish I had seen them live

I was in high school when "The Game" came out. Freddie Mercury is greatly missed. What an incredible vocal range.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Music of all kinds. Green day is still my favorite. They got me through some bad shit back in the day.

My kids. They were Band Kids do the last 7 yrs I've been a BAND MOM and loved every moment of it. Competitions. concerts from 6th grade and up. musicals even one I did not have a kid in.

I played piano for yrs and yrs

Reading. I love a romance that has suspense. I love a serial killer.

Going to concerts. Green day. My chemical romance. Likin park. Bare naked ladies. Maroon 5 Muse. Him. And several more.

Broadway shows. I'm obsessed with WICKED.

MY FRIENDS. 2 great girlfriends and1 great gay guy friend. I love them so much.

Shopping and dinning out.

My dachsaund is my baby

My 2 sons are my heart and I would die for them.

Edited by musicsnob1971

My main hobby is just trying just to stay alive.

I've beat the odds SEVERAL times (so far).

I also collect unusual rocks...well, most of the rocks aren't unusual by themselves, but how I get them is.

I never get the rocks myself, I collect rocks other people bring back from their vacations.

I have rocks from Israel, Buckingham Palace, Easter Island, and a rock from the grounds of a mass murder site (weird huh?), just to name a few.

Oh, and of course, I spend a lot of my free time (as most of my time is free) posting in The Land Of GAMES (have you noticed?).

That's cool about the rocks, Mike. I have a friend who collects sand. Folks know this and bring him back sand from beach vacations all over the world. It's amazing how many different colours there are!

• 3 months later...

I love crossword puzzles.  The Chicago Tribune has a puzzle pullout in the Sunday paper that has 3 crossword puzzles, with each one getting harder as you go along.

Puzzle #2 today had this clue...114 down...3 letters..."The Big Bang Theory" astrophysicist?

Gave me smile over my coffee..

Yes...I do my puzzles in pen.

This is going to be a long list, so bear with me:

Other than TBBT which I obviously love (planning my third taping trip - flying across country lines and across continent to get there!), I'm also into....

Paper crafting: I like making 3D paper dioramas (involving printed images and lots of paper cutting), creating handmade paper items (origami), banners, intricate folded things etc.  Its a beautiful art and I love it :)

Painting: Currently I'm obsessed with trying to master watercolors, but I've also done acrylics in the past.  Basically if it stays still too long, it runs the risk of my painting it.

Interior Design: I have a degree in Interior Design thought I don't actually work with it, but I still love being in that scene and I will geek out without shame over designer furniture and architecture.  Don't broach the subject with me unless you want an earfull

Travel:  I love flying and travel in general, having done it in groups, with my husband and alone.  It fuels me in a way nothing else can.

Hand sewing: I love that it takes forever to finish a project, that its not perfect like a machine would be.  

Comparative Religions and Philosophy: I studied both subjects (along with criminology, psychology and sociology in university) extensively first because I had to in university but after because I found it fascinating.  I still study it randomly when I have free time.

Rock and Gemstone collecting: I have a sizeable rock and gem collection that keeps growing.  I've been doing this since I was a kid.

So as you can see, my hobbies are a little all over the map :)

• Like 1

This is going to be a long list, so bear with me:

Other than TBBT which I obviously love (planning my third taping trip - flying across country lines and across continent to get there!), I'm also into....

Paper crafting: I like making 3D paper dioramas (involving printed images and lots of paper cutting), creating handmade paper items (origami), banners, intricate folded things etc.  Its a beautiful art and I love it :)

Painting: Currently I'm obsessed with trying to master watercolors, but I've also done acrylics in the past.  Basically if it stays still too long, it runs the risk of my painting it.

Interior Design: I have a degree in Interior Design thought I don't actually work with it, but I still love being in that scene and I will geek out without shame over designer furniture and architecture.  Don't broach the subject with me unless you want an earfull

Travel:  I love flying and travel in general, having done it in groups, with my husband and alone.  It fuels me in a way nothing else can.

Hand sewing: I love that it takes forever to finish a project, that its not perfect like a machine would be.  

Comparative Religions and Philosophy: I studied both subjects (along with criminology, psychology and sociology in university) extensively first because I had to in university but after because I found it fascinating.  I still study it randomly when I have free time.

Rock and Gemstone collecting: I have a sizeable rock and gem collection that keeps growing.  I've been doing this since I was a kid.

So as you can see, my hobbies are a little all over the map :)

Flying loves you too.

Music

Classic Rock and Metal, most things up to the mid 90s I suppose.

Play guitar and bass.

Sport

Play: Baseball and snowboarding

Watch: basketball, rugby, extreme sports, sometimes cricket

Other

reading, star craft 2, cooking

Other TV

house of cards, SYTYCD

• 1 year later...

Great topic!

Travel

I just love it. Living in Germany is fantastic because you get to travel to so many different places in no time. Netherlands, Belgium, the U.K., France, Spain, Austria, Iceland... all great places to visit (especially Iceland!). Outside of Europe I've been to Syria (heartbreaking to think about it now, it used to be beautiful before it was bombed and the people there couldn't have been nicer).

Music

Been a fan of Robbie Williams for 23 years now. His concerts are sensational. Just love him. If you're American you probably won't have heard of him. I listen to all kinds of music, though. 

Sports

I've played football (soccer for the Americans) for ages. I just love the game. I love going to the stadium to watch it. The emotion and passion inside a football stadium is something else. The most emotional moment I've ever witnessed was Germany winning the World Cup in 2014. Watched it on the big screen inside of a stadium along with thousands of others and when Mario Götze scored the winning goal, people went absolutely NUTS. I've never seen so many grown men cry and I've hugged about 30 people I'd never met before. Only football fans will understand this.

Space

I'm absolutely fascinated by space. If I could go back in time I'd do everything to become an astronaut. Being up there and looking down on earth must be the most life changing, humbling experience. And just thinking about the sheer size of the universe is mind blowing. Is anyone else as fascinated by this as I am?! I always feel like a weirdo.

Friends

Love spending time with my friends, obviously. I'd die without them.

On 11/10/2014 at 8:36 AM, rachelshamyfan said:

Queen are legendary. Bohemian Rhapsody is one of my all time favourite songs. There'll never be anyone like Freddie Mercury. R.I.P.

• Like 1