The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pepsiadikt

For Gods Sake Fix Amy Up

I  thought Amy was wearing some sort of yellow life preserver when she's sitting in the bar in Vegas talking to Bernadette about how 'hot' they are. If Penny can start geeking out, working for a pharmaceutical company, STUDYING when she's in VEGAS, then we're already through the looking glass and may as well jump the rest of the way and they can put Amy in some better clothes and do something with that hair. Even the gorgeous Mayim wants this. It's getting beyond ridiculous now, if we have one why not the other?

• Like 2

I think they could dress Amy better, but I certainly don't want them to change her style. That is a huge part of her character.

If Amy dressed better there is a chance that Sheldon might have competition on the relationship front. He wouldn't like that and so he probably wouldn't allow it even if Amy did want to change her style.

If Amy dressed better there is a chance that Sheldon might have competition on the relationship front. He wouldn't like that and so he probably wouldn't allow it even if Amy did want to change her style.

It's probably in the agreement that she can only wear what Sheldon approves.

• Like 2

Gradual fashion changes I am ok with but I don't want her to change her style. It makes her unique. She will always love her cardigans/vests. I appreciate the no tights look though and when she rocks the tighter skirts (aka the blue denim one)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Gradual fashion changes I am ok with but I don't want her to change her style. It makes her unique. She will always love her cardigans/vests. I appreciate the no tights look though and when she rocks the tighter skirts (aka the blue denim one)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. All hail the denim skirt!!!

I agree, maybe slightly more form fitting outfits, but nothing drastic. Also, maybe tone down the colors/patterns just a bit. Other than that, I wouldn't want to see much of a change. A good example would be The Relationship Diremption, perfect outfit for Amy.

Amy dresses the way she does because she likes it - nothing to do with Sheldon.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 5

You don't want her to end up looking like sex on a stick do you?

Maybe her and Raj can get together and discuss vest fashion!

• Like 5

Amy has her own "unique" style

The yellow outfit needs to go in the bin just like mustard Cardigan

But

She does have a lot of nice things, the outfit she now seems to wear for date nights is cute and I like her pink cardigan

I'm little confused with her wardrobe... I love when she wears colorful clothes, most of it her striped cardigans and flower shirts, she looks adorable in them and It kinda matches with Shedon. But I don't like when she wears dull colors, that doesn't suit her at all. Like that green cardigan, but she wears that  in almost important Shamy moment, so I'm always happy to see it :icon_biggrin: . I'm not for change, but my naughty me wants to see her once in something really tight and black with big curly hair, to show how hot Mayim is  :icon_redface: and to see guys jaw dropped :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm little confused with her wardrobe... I love when she wears colorful clothes, most of it her striped cardigans and flower shirts, she looks adorable in them and It kinda matches with Shedon. But I don't like when she wears dull colors, that doesn't suit her at all. Like that green cardigan, but she wears that  in almost important Shamy moment, so I'm always happy to see it :icon_biggrin: . I'm not for change, but my naughty me wants to see her once in something really tight and black with big curly hair, to show how hot Mayim is  :icon_redface: and to see guys jaw dropped :icon_cheesygrin:

The thing is, though, that SHeldon was never attracted to her for her body, and he has never been attracted by women's bodies, like the other guys, or like most guys in the world.

A woman could parade around in her underwear in front of him and it would only disturb his sense of decorum, not make him all hot and horny, like it would the other guys.

What turns him on primarily, IMO, is intelligence.  I think that's most of what makes Amy attractive to him.  He seems to also appreciate her in some understated physical way, but he's not turned on by tight clothes or low-cut tops, etc..  He had no clue what was going on in Tenure Turbulence when Penny took off her coat and showed everyone her gravity-defying bosom and little black dress.  It certainly had no effect on him (the way it did Raj, for instance.)

Showing off Mayim's body is not really the point because Mayim is not Amy, and vice versa.  I'm sure each of the guys looks much better physically in "normal" clothes, or with their hair cut or styled differently, but that's a moot point because they each have an established "look".

I'm sure Simon would prefer not to have to keep his hair "Howard length", but because Howard has that odd "Beatle haircut", Simon has to keep it long--and have it blown out straight for taping days.

At any rate, I don't think it really matters what she wears in terms of whether or not "Amy" looks pretty.  Each character wears what they think is cool, or comfortable, or that they think says something about them.

Amy's "guidelines" seem to have to do with stuff she inheritied from her grandmother, and whatever combination she thinks is cool or whatever is comfortable.  I'm sure that Mayim's principles play a part in things like Amy wearing tights or not wearing a lot of pants, but otherwise, the choices for Amy have to do with the nerd/geek factor like it does for the guys.

I think Amy's taste is somewhat askew like Sheldon and his gripe about his new suit (in the one where he gets drunk and takes off his pants) having only one color.

I don't want them dolling her up unless it is an important story factor--and then I would want it to be temporary.  I think she's made advances in her makeup and nail polish and little things like that.  Otherwise, her clothes set her apart.

• Like 6

I liked how they dressed Amy in 7x01 in the bar scene.

But personally I like the fact that Amy has a bad taste in clothes, and hope she keeps that.

• Like 5

The thing is, though, that SHeldon was never attracted to her for her body, and he has never been attracted by women's bodies, like the other guys, or like most guys in the world.

A woman could parade around in her underwear in front of him and it would only disturb his sense of decorum, not make him all hot and horny, like it would the other guys.

What turns him on primarily, IMO, is intelligence.  I think that's most of what makes Amy attractive to him.  He seems to also appreciate her in some understated physical way, but he's not turned on by tight clothes or low-cut tops, etc..  He had no clue what was going on in Tenure Turbulence when Penny took off her coat and showed everyone her gravity-defying bosom and little black dress.  It certainly had no effect on him (the way it did Raj, for instance.)

Showing off Mayim's body is not really the point because Mayim is not Amy, and vice versa.  I'm sure each of the guys looks much better physically in "normal" clothes, or with their hair cut or styled differently, but that's a moot point because they each have an established "look".

I'm sure Simon would prefer not to have to keep his hair "Howard length", but because Howard has that odd "Beatle haircut", Simon has to keep it long--and have it blown out straight for taping days.

At any rate, I don't think it really matters what she wears in terms of whether or not "Amy" looks pretty.  Each character wears what they think is cool, or comfortable, or that they think says something about them.

Amy's "guidelines" seem to have to do with stuff she inheritied from her grandmother, and whatever combination she thinks is cool or whatever is comfortable.  I'm sure that Mayim's principles play a part in things like Amy wearing tights or not wearing a lot of pants, but otherwise, the choices for Amy have to do with the nerd/geek factor like it does for the guys.

I think Amy's taste is somewhat askew like Sheldon and his gripe about his new suit (in the one where he gets drunk and takes off his pants) having only one color.

I don't want them dolling her up unless it is an important story factor--and then I would want it to be temporary.  I think she's made advances in her makeup and nail polish and little things like that.  Otherwise, her clothes set her apart.

I get your point, I think I confuse you with "guys" It was meant only for Leonard, Raj, and girls. I'm one hundred with you on Sheldon be with Amy for other stuff than physical appearance, and I find the idea of Sheldon gets "horny" for Amy because of her make over, or any change in clothing very, very stupid. And I hope writters never will go that way. That wasn't my point at all. I want this for one reason. I'm tired of others consider her as less pretty then other girls, like tenure episode you've menitoned. I was pissed off when Raj pointed out that Amy has no chance to "use her body" unlike the others. So I wouldn't mind if there was an episode where the others could see her in the way, they consider as sexy. Mayim herself once said she want something like that for Amy so I don't think she would be against it... I think it would be great in halloween episode, maybe something like more decent catwoman. And I like when they little bit broke the character, like Sheldon in his black suit, for one episode, I don't see why it would be a problem. And I don't think it should affect Sheldon at all... anything like him jealous or someone hitting on her, or even make him want something more, I don't like that. Just that, and then go back to cute  Amy Sheldon  likes :shy: 

• Like 3

I get your point, I think I confuse you with "guys" It was meant only for Leonard, Raj, and girls. I'm one hundred with you on Sheldon be with Amy for other stuff than physical appearance, and I find the idea of Sheldon gets "horny" for Amy because of her make over, or any change in clothing very, very stupid. And I hope writters never will go that way. That wasn't my point at all. I want this for one reason. I'm tired of others consider her as less pretty then other girls, like tenure episode you've menitoned. I was pissed off when Raj pointed out that Amy has no chance to "use her body" unlike the others. So I wouldn't mind if there was an episode where the others could see her in the way, they consider as sexy. Mayim herself once said she want something like that for Amy so I don't think she would be against it... I think it would be great in halloween episode, maybe something like more decent catwoman. And I like when they little bit broke the character, like Sheldon in his black suit, for one episode, I don't see why it would be a problem. And I don't think it should affect Sheldon at all... anything like him jealous or someone hitting on her, or even make him want something more, I don't like that. Just that, and then go back to cute Amy Sheldon likes :shy:

yes to all

I disagree with the idea that Sheldon would dictate what Amy is allowed to wear or write it into the RA. Sheldon could care less what she wears, and as others have pointed out, he's not a visual person that way like the other guys. I do, however, think he might be a bit disturbed if she started dressing in skimpy clothing, mostly because that's not her, or if she changed her wardrobe in some other drastic way since he likes her the way she is, and he's not fond of change. Other than that though, I really don't see him caring.

• Like 8

Amy just wouldn't be Amy without her tacky style. I'm not gonna lie, the bottom half of her outfit in Monday nights episode was super cute to me. Haha. I do adore her in bright colors too.

• Like 2

I don't really mind Amy's clothes for the most part.  Lord knows I'm not stylish at all, myself, and I do love a comfy cardigan.  But I really wish they would let her hair have a little more body, like back when she made her first appearance.  It doesn't have to be perfectly styled like Bernie's or Penny's - IMO that wouldn't make sense for Amy, who I imagine would consider curling irons and the like a colossal waste of time - but the super-straight long hair does frequently make me think of "a duck in an oil spill."  (Heehee Sheldon.)

I don't really mind Amy's clothes for the most part.  Lord knows I'm not stylish at all, myself, and I do love a comfy cardigan.  But I really wish they would let her hair have a little more body, like back when she made her first appearance.  It doesn't have to be perfectly styled like Bernie's or Penny's - IMO that wouldn't make sense for Amy, who I imagine would consider curling irons and the like a colossal waste of time - but the super-straight long hair does frequently make me think of "a duck in an oil spill."  (Heehee Sheldon.)

People were upset about that line from Sheldon…but he's not entirely wrong!

You see, I'm now tempted to start a thread called 'For God's sake NEVER Fix Amy Up'! Sheldon likes her, no, loves her, for who she is, quirks and all; thank you BBT writers for that!

It concerns me that the idea that a woman's true value lies in her attractiveness is still going strong and frankly, while we are considered as decorative baubles with no greater value beyond being aesthetically appealing, what hope do we have of equal pay and equal treatment.

Where's the 'let's get Raj out of those awful clothes' thread?

In case anyone's missed it, this video has gone viral, this is what this level of thinking sanctions. http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2014/10/29/video-of-woman-harassed-catcalled-on-street-hits-nerve/

She was on a couple of episodes of "Fat Actress" with Kirstie Alley and she wore jeans in a scene or two. Her booty looked fab!  :icon_redface: It was a few years before she was on Big Bang, so maybe her religious beliefs changed since then? I think she would wear pants if it were necessary for the scene (like in the sleepover episode, when she wore sweatpants).

• Like 1

A good example would be The Relationship Diremption, perfect outfit for Amy.

I like the blue pinafore dress she wore in The Indecision Amalgamation.

It's pretty, without being too fussy, and she was showing quite a bit of shapely leg. :cool: 

You don't want her to end up looking like sex on a stick do you?

Erm ,YES! :icon_biggrin: 

Mind you, she already does look like (understated) sex on a stick.

but my naughty me wants to see her once in something really tight and black with big curly hair, to show how hot Mayim is  :icon_redface: and to see guys jaw dropped :icon_cheesygrin:

Not black (and no curly hair), but we have seen her in something tight, and it was awesome. :cool: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking

anything like him jealous or someone hitting on her, or even make him want something more 

I disagree on this bit.

Look what Sheldon did, when Stuart asked Amy out on a date.

I always think of the outfit in her TV show blossom.  So anytime I see her, I think of her in those type of outfits.  Which was AWFUL even back than! 

Yes, the out fit are getting worst I think.  They are dressing Berne and Penny much more professional in the last few seasons!  And Amy looks keep going more and more to fashion spencer/widows outfits out of the old west!   They do need to change her looks and the GUYS looks also.  Leonard is so out of fashion its scary!  He looks like he still playing on Roseanne for Christ sake!