For Gods Sake Fix Amy Up

pepsiadikt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16 November 2015 22:50:11, JohnPhD said:

Actually I don't think the problem with Amy is really her looks or her clothes. After all, look around, there are lots of young women no better looking, or even better dressed, than Amy, who have plenty of friends of both sexes who are always pleased to see them and who enliven any group they're part of. What makes Amy so off-putting is the way she's acted, particularly her facial expressions and the way she moves. She has a small range of expressions, most of which appear discontented or unhappy or angry; if Penny is Sugarpuss, Amy is Sourpuss. And she moves in a peculiarly graceless way that none of the other characters do. Eg Howard is no beauty, but he's quite pleasing to watch.

Yeah the acting is terrible that's why Mayim has been nominated for 4 Emmys, A satellite award, A Screen Actors Guild Award and a Critics Choice Television Award :icon_neutral:

The people in this show are not meant to be attractive (bar Penny) they are meant to be alternative and the show achieves that with a beautiful combination of wardrobe, hair/makeup and great acting. In real life the cast are all quite attractive but they can't be on screen or it would be unbelievable.

12 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Yeah the acting is terrible that's why Mayim has been nominated for 4 Emmys, A satellite award, A Screen Actors Guild Award and a Critics Choice Television Award :icon_neutral:

The people in this show are not meant to be attractive (bar Penny) they are meant to be alternative and the show achieves that with a beautiful combination of wardrobe, hair/makeup and great acting. In real life the cast are all quite attractive but they can't be on screen or it would be unbelievable.

Yes obviously the actress is giving the creators what they want. I just wonder why they wanted such a depressing character. As I pointed out, a character doesn't have to be attractive to enliven a scene. Amy does the reverse.

12 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Yes obviously the actress is giving the creators what they want. I just wonder why they wanted such a depressing character. As I pointed out, a character doesn't have to be attractive to enliven a scene. Amy does the reverse.

I can't think of a time where Amy has depressed a scene at all :( she's the butt of Sheldon's jokes a lot of the time but I guess someone has to be!

34 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I can't think of a time where Amy has depressed a scene at all :( she's the butt of Sheldon's jokes a lot of the time but I guess someone has to be!

You do realize you're having this discussion with a "Shenny" right?

I don't really understand terms like "Shenny", but let me make myself clear: I think Penny and Sheldon  have the best chemistry on the show, and I want to see them together as much as poss. But I emphatically don't want to see them have a romantic involvement. As a matter of fact, I never wanted Sheldon to have to be "in a relationship".  I liked the S who found happiness with himself.

3 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

I don't really understand terms like "Shenny", but let me make myself clear: I think Penny and Sheldon  have the best chemistry on the show, and I want to see them together as much as poss. But I emphatically don't want to see them have a romantic involvement. As a matter of fact, I never wanted Sheldon to have to be "in a relationship".  I liked the S who found happiness with himself.

I'm pretty sure that Sheldon does not 'have' to be in the relationship that he's in, he wants to be in it. Being in a relationship does not somehow make you a less confident or independent individual.

Just fyi a "Shenny" is a person who wants a romantic relationship or 'ship' between Sheldon and Penny  :)

On 18-11-2015 14:19:06, Lionne said:

Threatening a misogynist, foreigner or not, not something I'll ever regret.

If you do not agree with or understand a certain post, you could ask, or give your opinion about the subject.

You should not make horrible threats like that. (well I thought it was horrible anyway. I don't like bullys)

Edited by Squonk
removed old content

I did understand, and I gave my answer. 

Misogyny is bullying. Demanding women dress in a certain way to be more pleasing is a classic form of patriarchal bullying. I don't believe standing up to close-minded bullying in the form of demanding conformity to certain ideas is bullying. 

Amy doesn't need to change. That is what makes this show so fresh and unique. You have all types. You got your gorgeous cheerleader type Penny. Bernadette I guess the cute girl on the debate team (Anyone who watched Mean Girls Lindsey Lohan lol). Then you got Amy. When you got your Rachels, your Penny's, your Robins e.t.c. She is a breath of fresh air. I don't think she needs to change her apparence. To appease socieites expectations. She can wear her damn blue majig jersey thing she has going on. And say screw you conventions I am who I am :icon_biggrin:.

Edited by 3ku11

6 hours ago, Lionne said:

I did understand, and I gave my answer. 

Misogyny is bullying. Demanding women dress in a certain way to be more pleasing is a classic form of patriarchal bullying. I don't believe standing up to close-minded bullying in the form of demanding conformity to certain ideas is bullying. 

Some people feels really sad not to be watch **, you may think they are not so respectable as others, but a lots of women and girls are happy to be help by a stylist to find suitable, and sexiest clothes especially if they have an original look, as Amy, but I'm sure peoples as Bernadette or Penny would find them happiness, the making over is very respectfull for everyone, and it's what is done and asked today. >> Berny's hair are not very natural, but very beautiful and sexy, I'm not sure you (Lionne) would like she was harassed because of this.

331a10e573747a1f638bfb30ef050358.jpg ^^

Edited by Cécile Dull

• 2 months later...
On 10/14/2014 at 2:43 PM, pepsiadikt said:

I  thought Amy was wearing some sort of yellow life preserver when she's sitting in the bar in Vegas talking to Bernadette about how 'hot' they are. If Penny can start geeking out, working for a pharmaceutical company, STUDYING when she's in VEGAS, then we're already through the looking glass and may as well jump the rest of the way and they can put Amy in some better clothes and do something with that hair. Even the gorgeous Mayim wants this. It's getting beyond ridiculous now, if we have one why not the other?

tumblr_mlvjdvdXfc1qgwaixo1_500.gif